Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Ballybredagh on July 12, 2013, 11:39:30 PM
Skull 1. Do you recall the incident I'm referring to, late 90's early 00's, stand side in Casement. If not ask your manager, he'll recall it well. At a risk of repeating myself, a savage attack on one of Antrim's greatest. Check out the Antrim team of the century and you might understand.

I know exactly the incident you're talking about ballybredagh but please explain why its being used in this discussion? I fail to see the link.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Ballybredagh

Skull 1. Best explanation is the biblical quote; 'let he who has never sinned cast the first stone'. Matty hasn't a bad bone in his body and your lot are condemning him for the incident with Shorty. Knowing Matty, whatever happened wasn't intentional. Pretty simple link, I think!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Glenariffe 1-15 dunloy 5-18
Good result for us considering we had only 18 players available due to holidays etc. missing 6 starting players from Wednesday nights win.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Ballybredagh on July 13, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
Skull 1. Best explanation is the biblical quote; 'let he who has never sinned cast the first stone'. Matty hasn't a bad bone in his body and your lot are condemning him for the incident with Shorty. Knowing Matty, whatever happened wasn't intentional. Pretty simple link, I think!
I know he isn't a dirty player at all. That said he put the heel of the stick into shortys face. Bad tackle end of.
hurl like f**k boi!

CornerBackNo2

St John's 2-13 Ballycran 0-14

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurler24

Ballycastle 0-15 - 1-15 Loughgiel

Tight game.Loughgiel had full strength team out for perhaps the first time this year??Could have went either way in my opinion.Both teams ticking over nicely for championship where I think we will see a super semi-final between them.

black and amber boy

I have been supportive for quite a while now. But after what i watched today cassidy has to get the boot! needs to go back to teaching. He has lost the dressing room. Mickey mc shane seems to be clued in and doing a good job but maybe a change in the management team is needed. debate???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: black and amber boy on July 14, 2013, 09:57:56 PM
I have been supportive for quite a while now. But after what i watched today cassidy has to get the boot! needs to go back to teaching. He has lost the dressing room. Mickey mc shane seems to be clued in and doing a good job but maybe a change in the management team is needed. debate???

I thought Cassidy was a trainer? A footballer who hadn't hurled before?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurler24

Black and Amber Boy what was wrong with what you seen today?Our senior team is as competitive as it has been for 10-15years.I think judgements like that should be left until September?But yes MR2 Cassidy is the coach and Mickey McShane manager.

btdtgtt

I have to say I wasn't at any games today but after a few texts and calls;

- St. John's were up for a big game deserved winners. Barry McFall excellent? Simon McCrory also. I think St. John's deserve great credit this year and MJ record is what it is no matter what people say.

- don't get the anti Cassidy vibe as the north Antrim pub crowd say the Town gave a good account of themselves.

- Rossa missed out on a chance for 2points moved Hamill back out to midfield left them toothless in attack looking only to mcguinness and again the usual cry babies about missing players. Sorry HS but only repeating what I heard.

- the oisins boys were victims of Dunloy strength in depth but I have to say this is not a Ganesh that will determine season - glenarrife have produced at times when needed.

Apologies everyone if this post is mere hearsay but couldn't get to any games so all of this is 2nd hand info. Sure I'm just nosey!

Leyland

Black n amber boy, thats a random statement. Your comments couldn't be any further from the truth. Ridiculous. The training is first class - according to players I speak to.

Delighted with performance yesterday. Thought we were going to get the win. But overall good game and as hurler 21 says we're competitive as we have been in years.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 12, 2013, 07:24:43 PM
Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Did portaferry beat Ballycran Johnny?

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?

Yeah Ports beat the Crans by two, but talking to a Ports legend at the weekend, reckoned the Ballycran fullforward line was as bad as he'd seen from them in years and wouldn't have looked out of place on their thirds teams. Maybe they've a load of lads away on holidays but I'd have expected them to win that one and indeed the one up in Corrigan yesterday as they're the pick of the Ards teams at the minute IMO.

El Magico is off stateside for the summer but we still managed the win up in Rossa yesterday with a decent enough scoreline. A few injuries clearing up, but without the big man we'll struggle to take points up the country. 10 points mightn't be enough in this extended league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 08:34:58 AM
Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Yeah Ports beat the Crans by two, but talking to a Ports legend at the weekend, reckoned the Ballycran fullforward line was as bad as he'd seen from them in years and wouldn't have looked out of place on their thirds teams. Maybe they've a load of lads away on holidays but I'd have expected them to win that one and indeed the one up in Corrigan yesterday as they're the pick of the Ards teams at the minute IMO.

El Magico is off stateside for the summer but we still managed the win up in Rossa yesterday with a decent enough scoreline. A few injuries clearing up, but without the big man we'll struggle to take points up the country. 10 points mightn't be enough in this extended league.

Be plenty Johnney, I wouldn't worry, refereed the reserve game beforehand, thon midfielder is some hurler for his age must be close to 40 and never missed to many and was on the go for 60 minutes. Love seeing that

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 08:34:58 AM

Be plenty Johnney, I wouldn't worry, refereed the reserve game beforehand, thon midfielder is some hurler for his age must be close to 40 and never missed to many and was on the go for 60 minutes. Love seeing that

For our reserves?

Was he a ginger, slightly made up lad?