Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 15, 2013, 02:23:46 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 12, 2013, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 12, 2013, 09:12:36 AM
I've said before I think our main problems with refs is that they referee the match & the players - rather than the rules.

I mean, they try to affect the game themselves and blow frees depending on perceived reputations of players.
The get their own impressio from the game and then ref it accordingly.

If they'd just stick to the rule book (apply it consistently) then the rest can look after itself.

Not all refs - but certainly I think this is an issue.

I ask myself the question continually when you post, did this lad ever play the game, some of your postings and responses really are pure S***! and reflect your real lack of knowledge which is only gained by playing and I suspect that wasnt your strong point!!!!!!

Been away with work lately so just catching up on posts.
Not even entertaining this just to say that I pity anyone in any walk of life who can't consider an opinion or viewpoint aside from their own.
It's a character flaw. Maybe one day u will mature.

Could be? However there constantly seems to be this inherent need to fit in/belong in your posts btdtgtt! Its quite apparent your real lack of knowledge and emotion based on real life experience in the majority of what you say in relation to hurling!

Answer me this did you ever play?

Its just the constant need of your posts to harmonise, trying to find its place? its probably just me and my immaturity but it annoys the s**t out of me!

btdtgtt

I've read that post a couple of times MIBAG and still have no idea what it means.

If I try to find a middle ground in debates it's because otherwise it would be an endless thread. That's what debate is - better than being unable to see another perspective.

Otherwise - yes I have played plenty and proud of it - both north & south.
Btdtgtt was expanded a while back!

And to be honest - I don't give a damn what bugs you.

Ballybredagh

Thought ex-Ballycastle hurler, Mark O'Neill did an excellent job last night. Refereed with a bit of common sense, when others would have been flashing cards left, right and centre. The usual argy-bargy stuff at the start was handled with a quiet word of warning. Some of the Johnnies supporters got a bit irate towards the end when one of their players got cut around the eye. The incident happened right in front of me at a 2 man ball and it was a broken stick (flying up) which caused the cut. St Johns were excellent and fully deserved their victory. Some fine talent on show and yes, it would be good to see the Johnnies and the Town win senior honours in the not too distant future. The more competition at senior level, the more successful the county senior team will be.

Fairhead

Fair play to the Johnnies last night, they deserved the win. Evan enough first half but they really took control in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half. Their half back line turned everything and we couldn't get in ball to Ciaran Clarke or Saul. In contrast they managed to get Conor Johnston on the ball more and he caused a lot of bother.

Matthew Donnelly probably should have moved up front at ht or have been subbed, he was operating on 1 leg. It was gamble leaving him at full back and the goal for them came when he was still at fb. A couple of other players weren't 100% fit going in to the game but I guess thats the chances you take to win a championship. Well done to the team anyway as they battled away to the end but just came up against a better team on the night.

Obviously the 2 Johnston's are class acts for the Johnnies but they had a more than capable support around them. Numbers 3, 7, 11 and 12 shone at different times for me and if they keep that team together they should be a force at senior in a couple of years.

saffron89

Quote from: Ballybredagh on June 15, 2013, 07:25:13 PM
Thought ex-Ballycastle hurler, Mark O'Neill did an excellent job last night. Refereed with a bit of common sense, when others would have been flashing cards left, right and centre. The usual argy-bargy stuff at the start was handled with a quiet word of warning. Some of the Johnnies supporters got a bit irate towards the end when one of their players got cut around the eye. The incident happened right in front of me at a 2 man ball and it was a broken stick (flying up) which caused the cut. St Johns were excellent and fully deserved their victory. Some fine talent on show and yes, it would be good to see the Johnnies and the Town win senior honours in the not too distant future. The more competition at senior level, the more successful the county senior team will be.

Yes would be great for Antrim to see either of these teams progressing from this level and contesting shc finals

I hope Donnelly recovers quickly has been having a decent year

saffron89

An also to see mark in the middle for a shc final. Though as long as glen rovers or the town are not involved.  Refreshing to see a referee who is respectful to everyone on the pitch and takes no nonsense

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on June 15, 2013, 07:45:49 PM
An also to see mark in the middle for a shc final. Though as long as glen rovers or the town are not involved.  Refreshing to see a referee who is respectful to everyone on the pitch and takes no nonsense

If he continues the way he's going I've no doubt he'll get one this year or next
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

Newstalk sport sat sun highlights. From the podcasts section has 30 min discussion following up Donal ogs proposal of an ulster hurling team.  Worth a listen. Sambo also on it.  Kieran Shannon makes a few excellent points.   Just to let u know its out there and worth a listen IMO.

There is a point in it that Belfast is too important to the gaa to be left in the hands of the Antrim county board

BlackandAmber

Quote from: saffron89 on June 16, 2013, 08:18:56 AM
Newstalk sport sat sun highlights. From the podcasts section has 30 min discussion following up Donal ogs proposal of an ulster hurling team.  Worth a listen. Sambo also on it.  Kieran Shannon makes a few excellent points.   Just to let u know its out there and worth a listen IMO.

There is a point in it that Belfast is too important to the gaa to be left in the hands of the Antrim county board

Here's the link

http://newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/Newstalk_Sport/Newstalk_Sport_SaturdaySunday_Highlights/24430/0/an_ulster_hurling_superteam

btdtgtt

Quote from: saffron89 on June 16, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

This alone is a point worth a listen!

Ballybredagh

This is well worth a listen and an Ulster select may be worth a try, but there are a few other aspects which need to be addressed IMO

1. Improve hurling standards right across Ulster; we need stronger club and county teams in all of our 9 counties. The Liam McCarthy will never come to Ulster until standards rise throughout Ulster. Also, we need to be look more positively at other counties (in Ulster) and help them to improve, e.g. by accommodating more teams in the Antrim leagues, accommodating challenge matches etc.

2. Parochial attitudes need to change. Players need to realise that representing their county and winning the Liam McCarthy is the ultimate honour/achievement. Talk to KK, Cork, Tipp players; they know where their priorities lie.

3. Tackle the issue of poor relations between clubs/supporters, be that between North Antrim clubs, Belfast v North Antrim and even the Ards clubs and others clubs in Down (like Bredagh) trying to promote hurling. Sean McGuinness made excellent strides in this regard when he managed Antrim and Down. I think we've lost our way a bit since then and the negativity, between so called supporters, in both Antrim and Down is shocking at times. We need to unite behind our county banners - all for one and one for all.

Seamroga in exile

I agree that club loyalties should be left at home when donning the county Jersey, but unfortunately, until it's addressed within the clubs themselves it'll never change.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

On another note, laois is currently beating galway In the Leinster championship.   :o
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 16, 2013, 03:56:12 PM
On another note, laois is currently beating galway In the Leinster championship.   :o

Laois 0-8 Galway 0-7 at half time!