Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Don't panic, Mark O' Neill isn't the only Ballycastle man who refs Ballycastle matches

BlackandAmber

Congratulations to St Johns. A well deserved win. They outplayed us all over the pitch. Our boys were very disapointing.
Just didn't seem to have any confidence . Big Matty was injured in the first half and was struggling at FB and the injury
got worse in the second half. Movving him to FF was crazy but maybe shows we had nothing on the bench.
As for Mark O'Neill he's not really from the Town sure his Da was a blow in :-)

saffron89

Jj think ur talking about antrims greatest ever referee. Thought he done a good job directing traffic the other nite.  In his head he is now the ultimate club man. 

Seamroga in exile

Some slabbers on here. Mark is a good lad and a fine ref. We've never had a problem with him. Or MR2 for that matter.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 15, 2013, 11:29:23 AM
Some slabbers on here. Mark is a good lad and a fine ref. We've never had a problem with him. Or MR2 for that matter.

Who said he wasn't a good lad ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on June 15, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 15, 2013, 11:29:23 AM

Who said he wasn't a good lad ?
why mention him?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

Good win for St John's last night. That bit of extra hurling told in the end, as Ballycastle were very strong, but the skill and speed of St johns edged it out. Both number 7's were excellent. Last Belfast team to win it was Rossa in 2009 i think. HS?

btdtgtt

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 12, 2013, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 12, 2013, 09:12:36 AM
I've said before I think our main problems with refs is that they referee the match & the players - rather than the rules.

I mean, they try to affect the game themselves and blow frees depending on perceived reputations of players.
The get their own impressio from the game and then ref it accordingly.

If they'd just stick to the rule book (apply it consistently) then the rest can look after itself.

Not all refs - but certainly I think this is an issue.

I ask myself the question continually when you post, did this lad ever play the game, some of your postings and responses really are pure S***! and reflect your real lack of knowledge which is only gained by playing and I suspect that wasnt your strong point!!!!!!

Been away with work lately so just catching up on posts.
Not even entertaining this just to say that I pity anyone in any walk of life who can't consider an opinion or viewpoint aside from their own.
It's a character flaw. Maybe one day u will mature.

manballandall

Did I see minder out running this morning down donegall road?

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on June 15, 2013, 02:34:25 PM

You did alright  8)

btdtgtt

Well don't St. John's.
Great to see a Belfast win - and I doubt that the town will let their talent waste without adding to senior level soon.
Did ray Mathews not return to the Rossa banner to ref hence he didnt do any senior games?
As for the "interpretation" debate MR2 etc I get ur point but think u conceded there is an element if ref's perception rather than decisions being black&white. That interpretation is what can give rise to poor perceptions of bias. However to finish the point - I suppose hurling is no different to any other sport in the world in this respect. I do note a growing trend (maybe physiology) not to dwell of ref decisions and this can only be a good thing for all involved.

Did I read something earlier about fixtures coming up that we're going to be changed due to county game? Could do with getting a few games in!

manballandall

Minder you look in better shape now than in your playing days:)

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on June 15, 2013, 02:55:21 PM

I don't feel it well :-)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 15, 2013, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: manballandall on June 15, 2013, 02:34:25 PM

You did alright  8)
Black hack back up the road?  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on June 15, 2013, 03:05:40 PM
Quote from: manballandall on June 15, 2013, 02:55:21 PM

I don't feel it well :-)

We play Sarsfields on Monday night in Southy league, get yourself a game or 2 this year!! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea