Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

What was the ballycastle man booked for?

The Memory Man

Deliberate striking!  New rules apparently  ;)

ManInBlackandGreen

Told ya MR2, I heard it was a def red card though! I am told duffy was holding your hand! Any truth in that!

Ballybredagh

Thought the ref did a pretty good job in the johnnies v Town match. No doubt the Johnnies deserved to win and not too many of the Ballycastle lads would argue with that. The incident at the end was nothing and MR2 got it spot on. Brian seemed to wait on the card being shown before resuming to action, some might say a bit of simulation on his part. It's very easy to criticise the ref, but try it yourself and you'll see how hard it is. Think it would be an idea to compell players/officials who verbally abuse refs to ref a juvenile game themselves - they'd soon learn a lesson.

Sets the U21 final up nicely, but on last nights showing the Johnnies must be hot favourites. As for Johnty, let he who has never sinned cast the first stone!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 10, 2013, 05:58:48 PM
Told ya MR2, I heard it was a def red card though! I am told duffy was holding your hand! Any truth in that!

Nothing incident and nothing mentioned by the Jonhnnies or Castle men.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

So what was he booked for?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on June 10, 2013, 03:17:25 PM
Quote from: The Memory Man on June 10, 2013, 03:05:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2013, 11:10:02 AM
Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on June 10, 2013, 11:03:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2013, 10:18:31 AM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 10, 2013, 09:31:38 AM
Well MR2 how did it go? Looks a comfortable win for the Johnnie's.

The Johnnies started the better and racked up a few scores, Ballycastle missed some easy frees which would have made it tighter. No real talking points, the referee took some hackling form the mob on the hill but that's to be expected from them.

The goals the Johnnies got made the difference, just before half time and mid way through second half when Ballycastle made some inroads into the Johnnies lead.

Whether these clubs will be there when it matters is a different thing, won't make a matter come championship, between the other 3 with Loughgiel out in front

Easier than expected victory for St John's.  From my vantage point, you seemed to get more abuse from the Ballycastle line than you got from both sets of supporters.  The small fella on their line seemed to question every decision you gave.  Maybe the St John's manager reads this board as he wasn't even on the pitch in the first half. 

I think you reffed the game alright, save for the incident near the end when big bad Brian was bingoed near the 'heckling mob'.  If you saw it the Ballycastle no2 striking should have walked...otherwise he shouldn't have been yellow carded.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on that one!

Apparently both at it, knowing Brian then maybe there's maybe some truth in that, and for a big man he went down very easily ;)

The game wasn't overly nasty which always helps

MR2, I think Arthur the Fox is being a bit generous to you in giving you the benefit of the doubt.  Bottom line was, you saw the deliberate strike on 'Big Bad Brian' and bottled the decision.  I can certainly understand the reason for doing so, as you assumed you'd get less stick from the'Heckling Mob' on the hill, than from Burnie Nesbitt!! I'm sure you're ears and head were splitting on the way home.  He mustn't be allowed to talk in the house!

All in all, I thought you done a great job and were helped by the players who just wanted to hurl.  None of us are perfect and of course you will miss the occasional thing or two.  I agree both these teams are ones for the future and are somewhat behind Loughiel and Cushendall, Dunloy not so much!  Some great young talent on display and with a bit of luck you'll see both St. Johns and Ballycastle's name back on the Volunteer Cup, where they have been missing for far too long.
;)

Again I am baffled as to see how Cushendall have been and continue to be ranked on here by contributors above Dunloy, point me out any recent history which would point to this being the case?
me to!!    ;D  joking aside.  Will this be the most wide open championship in years?  Dall Dunloy and ourselves!   Anyone else got a genuine chance?   No harm intended! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on June 10, 2013, 11:52:21 PM
So what was he booked for?

Think the referee booked him for rough play ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Is the U21 Final in Ballymena Friday evening?

Milltown Row2

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Ballybredagh on June 10, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
As for Johnty, let he who has never sinned cast the first stone!
Most teams have had there "hatchet men" allright but not so many now. It did sound to me like it would be a stupid thing for a parent of 2 good young hurlers to do cos I'm sure he'd not want the same to be done to his own.

Sets the U21 final up nicely, but on last nights showing the Johnnies must be hot favourites.
I agree there that St Johns would be favourites now. I'd say the Town will be happy enough with that too cos it takes some of the pressure of them as holders.

NAG1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 11, 2013, 01:11:11 PM
Most teams have had there "hatchet men" allright but not so many now. It did sound to me like it would be a stupid thing for a parent of 2 good young hurlers to do cos I'm sure he'd not want the same to be done to his own.

Sets the U21 final up nicely, but on last nights showing the Johnnies must be hot favourites.
I agree there that St Johns would be favourites now. I'd say the Town will be happy enough with that too cos it takes some of the pressure of them as holders.

Question would be for the Belfast brethren if the Town happen to win on Friday evening and beat the golden era of St John's under age talent, where do they go from there? 

jdyok

well if the town do 'beat the golden era of St John's under age talent' where they will go from there is back to the training field and have another crack at it next year and the year after. The 'the golden era of St John's under age talent' didn't win minor 3 years ago so not sure how they are such hot favorites this time round. Most of them are just out of minor and still have a lot to learn. :o

johnneycool

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on June 11, 2013, 02:30:01 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2013, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 11, 2013, 01:11:11 PM

Question would be for the Belfast brethren if the Town happen to win on Friday evening and beat the golden era of St John's under age talent, where do they go from there?
Cushendall won the minor 3 years ago though so the Johnnies double winning teams still have next year and the year after at u21.

MR2 wouldnt blow it anyway, or at worst a yellow for dangerous play  ;)

Was just playing devils advocate lads, they will be a serious force in a few years, but my own feeling is that they need to develop a few more forwards.