Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel had plenty of ex county players available, and on top very early on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on May 10, 2013, 10:35:43 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on May 10, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
Looks like Glenarrrife were being cute?
Played Cushendall minus their county players and grabbed a win - tried the same with Loughiel last night.

Shamrocks have greater strength to play without their county men - maybe that why they're champions!
Cue the inevitable!

I'd say if you were in Glenariffe's position you wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. If the Dall or Loughgeil chose to fulfill the fixture without their county players, what would you do? Nah lads, we'd rather play you with your full team?

Can't see Dingy doing that or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not for one minute criticising Glenarrife for this - good luck to them!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lgiel are really strong minus their county guys. Take Eddie and tony mc cluskey out, duck as well and that's it. They are at full strength more or less. They played that against us in the mcgarry cup game and were way to strong for our weakened team. They are obviously favourites again and rightly so. They are a good team.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2013, 09:09:51 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 10, 2013, 08:54:15 AM
probably, he had a ball last year doing it. all depends on how far clare go this year i suppose.

??? What ya on about

On another note Loughgiel motoring on rightly, 14 point win over Glenariff last night, seems they got a game in before the Laois game or maybe they played without their county hurlers. Seems a long wait till the hurling starts again
Davy fitz. Previous poster asked about him coming back again
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Winker playing midfield so far this year has been a great move. One I suggested early last year for antrim to the amusement of others on this thread.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 10, 2013, 04:08:51 PM
Winker playing midfield so far this year has been a great move. One I suggested early last year for antrim to the amusement of others on this thread.  ;)

He played rightly too, would he be there when everyone back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Its an absolute farce that the U21 games are being postponed, will we ever learn! 4 subs ensure that 56 other lads don't get competitive hurling, wouldn't happen in Cork or kilkenny FFS. The county ex should hang there heads in shame, suppose football rules ah.

saffron89

why the shamrocks haven't taken him out to midfield more often when he is being well marked is beyond me

the amount of times he has been smothered against cushendall, and then the big lift it gives them when they clear it away from him !!!!!

it is a good plan if he isn't doing the damage like he inevitably does sometimes

ie all Ireland final

BlackandAmber

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on May 10, 2013, 06:28:40 PM
Its an absolute farce that the U21 games are being postponed, will we ever learn! 4 subs ensure that 56 other lads don't get competitive hurling, wouldn't happen in Cork or kilkenny FFS. The county ex should hang there heads in shame, suppose football rules ah.

Wha?

Monday 13th May 2013
Friends Of Antrim U21 Hurling Championship
Time    Team 1    Score    Score    Team 2    Venue    Referee    Round    Notes
7 15 PM    Naomh Gall    ---    ---    St John's GAC    Casement Park           Semi Final     As requested by Senior County Manager.
7 15 PM    Mac Uilin CLG    ---    ---    Ruairí Óg    Loughgiel Shamrocks           Semi Final     As requested by Senior County Manager

this too

Sunday 12th May 2013
Division 1HL
Time    Team 1    Score    Score    Team 2    Venue    Referee    Round    Notes
3 30 PM    Ruairí Óg    ---    ---    Loughgiel Shamrocks               Round 5     At the request of Senior County manager

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on May 10, 2013, 07:04:21 PM

why the shamrocks haven't taken him out to midfield more often when he is being well marked is beyond me

the amount of times he has been smothered against cushendall, and then the big lift it gives them when they clear it away from him !!!!!

it is a good plan if he isn't doing the damage like he inevitably does sometimes

ie all Ireland final
I always thought that midfield was made for him, but a lad of the talent he has can change a game in blink of an eye up in around the square. I've a feeling him and Tony could be quite a combination in the middle.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

The U-21 match is off as is our senior game against Loughgiel on Sunday. We won The Darragh Cup last night against Ballycastle who pushed us all the way. 5 wins in a row in this competition now which is some record.

theskull1

That is a stat to be proud of.

8 or 9 years since we won it I think  :-[

We got beat handily enough by Glenshesk in the B final. Very young team though who lack the right physicallity needed to really compete. Glenshesk had some decent hurlers on show.

Thought over the hour Ballycastle played really well and their tactics seemed to work well in the first half. Don't know if pulling Saul Caughan out the pitch in the 2nd was the right one though. Cushendall seemed a bit more settled when he left the square. They still could have nicked it. I'm sure from a Cdall pov its nice to know you can play poorly enough and still get the result.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

GalwayLassForLiam

Lads I am curious to know what type of suspension Karl Stewart got after his red card v westmeath.

I hope antrim make it as far as the galway game and then loose a good competitive match

jdyok

Posted by: BlackandAmber
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:07:46 PM » Insert Quote
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on May 10, 2013, 06:28:40 PM

Wha?

Monday 13th May 2013
Friends Of Antrim U21 Hurling Championship
Time    Team 1    Score    Score    Team 2    Venue    Referee    Round    Notes
7 15 PM    Naomh Gall    ---    ---    St John's GAC    Casement Park           Semi Final     As requested by Senior County Manager.
7 15 PM    Mac Uilin CLG    ---    ---    Ruairí Óg    Loughgiel Shamrocks           Semi Final     As requested by Senior County Manager

this too

Sunday 12th May 2013
Division 1HL
Time    Team 1    Score    Score    Team 2    Venue    Referee    Round    Notes
3 30 PM    Ruairí Óg    ---    ---    Loughgiel Shamrocks               Round 5     At the request of Senior County manager

This is a joke. A schedule is posted, clubs work hard planning a way forward, all for nothing. The idea is to play U-21 C'ship over a short time period without Senior games getting in the way. What now? Who knows? Hard enough for dual clubs. Has this worked before to benefit the county team?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GalwayLassForLiam on May 11, 2013, 12:46:47 PM
Lads I am curious to know what type of suspension Karl Stewart got after his red card v westmeath.

I hope antrim make it as far as the galway game and then loose a good competitive match

One match ban be back hopefully if we beat Laois. Was a dafty thing, coming on and was greeted was the customary shoulder charge he gave some afters and the fella dropped and Karl got a straight red.

Not clever and thats what happens