Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Memory Man on May 07, 2013, 10:07:52 AM
RE: Dunloy Realist

These are  the guidelines that have been issued by the County for Championship games re personnel on the line! :) :)

1   A maximum of 3 team officials, plus 1 club Officer, plus 1 medical attendant
     are permitted on the sidelines (Total 5)
     Fine of £50 for non-compliance

Additionally 4 Hurley / Water carriers, with bibs, may be stationed at
     designated points. (1 on the 22mtr line & 1 on the 45 mtr line and vice versa on
     the opposite side of the pitch) (Total 4)
     Water Carriers are not permitted to enter field of play.     

The Bainisteoir may remain on the touch line and the Maor Foirne can
    approach the Bainisteoir for discussions but must return to the bench.

Only the Maor Foirne can enter the field of play to issue instructions to players.

Only the designated medical personnel are permitted to enter the playing area
   attend injured players 
  The medical attendant may only enter the playing area with the permission of
  the referee

Bids must be supplied by the club as follows;
   Bainisteoir, Maor Foirne, Physio / Doctor, Maor Caman / Maor Uisce

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 07, 2013, 10:48:21 PM
They wouldn't need to be issuing them as lgiel had no bibs on lol they did the same last year in the county final and tried to fine both dunloy and lgiel for different rule beaks but because they didn't enforce them throughout tr entire thing they couldn't fine our two clubs.

Same would prob apply again as they have set a precedent now. St. John's did have bibs on tho. Outs and ballycastles didn't in our game. Can't see them enforcing that again.

Championship games only I'd imagine DR. Be impossible to enforce this on club games, who will enforce this? The referees?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 07, 2013, 10:55:47 PM
who will enforce this? The referees?

Yeah ....do your job will ya...how much do we owe?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

MR2 that was the U21 championship on monday i was referring to. i find it odd its not done for every round yet come the final its expected offf the clubs to adhere to the rules and when fined they argue that no one else did it in the early rounds and then the county cant fine them.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 08, 2013, 08:45:58 AM
MR2 that was the U21 championship on monday i was referring to. i find it odd its not done for every round yet come the final its expected offf the clubs to adhere to the rules and when fined they argue that no one else did it in the early rounds and then the county cant fine them.

I think he is arguing the same point DR in that, only at the finals (normally in Casement) do they have the stewards etc to enforce the rules. At other venues this is not the case and certainly if I was a referee I wouldnt be getting embroiled in a row over bibs before the match was even under way.

Milltown Row2

Aye right enough, send me £40 and I'll say that Dunloy adhered with the rules on bibs!!

But as i said who'll enforce this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Ballycastle hammered Sarsfields and the Johnnies beat Loughgiel handy. We beat a poor Rasharkin team. Semis will be a harder game for us. Who played in the other game? Rossa?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

Aye right enough, send me £40 and I'll say that Dunloy adhered with the rules on bibs!!

Lol send joe to tr games. He's was able to see near 2k's worth at last year Antrim hurling final! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 08, 2013, 01:33:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

Lol send joe to tr games. He's was able to see near 2k's worth at last year Antrim hurling final! Lol

Even if a manager steps over the line its a fine, having been a manager I know the rules regarding this, in Ulster championships its worse and they employ (sorry expenses paid) checker who has a list with tick boxes to keep track!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

I can see why they have the rules there to keep people pff the field, but sometime common sense should prevail. We got fined £50 for someone standing up on the line who wasn't supposed to(wee Davy who was sitting on the concrete bench) £50 for a sub sitting the wrong place. That's all a tad mental.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 08, 2013, 03:04:10 PM
I can see why they have the rules there to keep people pff the field, but sometime common sense should prevail. We got fined £50 for someone standing up on the line who wasn't supposed to(wee Davy who was sitting on the concrete bench) £50 for a sub sitting the wrong place. That's all a tad mental.

Not disagreeing with you, these are directives from Croke Park I'd imagine, but the funny thing is we (managers) are warned of these measures whether we think they are daft or not. You'd need to have a member of your coaching staff to make sure you adhere to them FFS

CitySlicker11

Silly rules, seem like they are made up to generate a bit of income. However, if a mass brawl did break out and they weren't being adhered to, then we would hear all about it. Is Davy going to have any input with Dunloy again this year?

Na Glinntí Glasa

probably, he had a ball last year doing it. all depends on how far clare go this year i suppose.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 10, 2013, 08:54:15 AM
probably, he had a ball last year doing it. all depends on how far clare go this year i suppose.

??? What ya on about

On another note Loughgiel motoring on rightly, 14 point win over Glenariff last night, seems they got a game in before the Laois game or maybe they played without their county hurlers. Seems a long wait till the hurling starts again

btdtgtt

Looks like Glenarrrife were being cute?
Played Cushendall minus their county players and grabbed a win - tried the same with Loughiel last night.

Shamrocks have greater strength to play without their county men - maybe that why they're champions!
Cue the inevitable!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 10, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
Looks like Glenarrrife were being cute?
Played Cushendall minus their county players and grabbed a win - tried the same with Loughiel last night.

Shamrocks have greater strength to play without their county men - maybe that why they're champions!
Cue the inevitable!

I'd say if you were in Glenariffe's position you wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. If the Dall or Loughgeil chose to fulfill the fixture without their county players, what would you do? Nah lads, we'd rather play you with your full team?

Can't see Dingy doing that or anyone else for that matter.