Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Oh Johnny now you have opened a can of worms!!

1) Fully agree with the prophet in your own land comment - I believe recent times have seen much to many outsiders taking club teams. The cult / celebrity manager has developed (more so football) where clubs pour money outside their own area for a perceived messiah. Its wrong.

2) Ulster council has financed (and central council) many hurling coaches. From what I can see the main man in all of this in Antrim runs round organising pathetic school blitzes which are poorly run and even at best contribute little or nothing to developing hurling. They are a "tick-box" exercice especially when compared to soccer equivalents held at Irish league grounds (not Woodlands) and with properly turned out officials. If you are a young kid - which sport gives then best impression?

3) At senior level - Belfast has quite a number of coaches who might be held in high regard. I suppose in this sense it boils down to a person's opinion of how good or effective the coach is - but not many of the guy's we might be thinking of are coaching belfast senior hurling teams! You can make of that what you will!

Seamroga in exile

A lot of pish posted over the last couple of pages. Naming someone on here and then personally abusing them without recourse from that person is pretty sad.

Also people on here commenting upon loughgiel's set up when it's pretty obvious to those in the know that those people haven't a clue what they're talking about, is laughable. Concentrate on your own clubs.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Put it right then SiE?
But successful teams will always attract such attention - occupational hazard other clubs would like to have!

My simple point is I believe loughgiels success to be a product of players and back team from within the club - rather than any help from Belfast!

Much as I would like to believe city folk could teach the north Antrim hurling!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2013, 11:19:55 AM
Lots of early season lemons over by the Dall by the look of it.

Your right a bit personal( didnt mean any offense) you stop talking about other clubs and lemons and we will stop talking chips and loughgeil

Same rule for all then
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2013, 03:34:31 PM
A lot of pish posted over the last couple of pages. Naming someone on here and then personally abusing them without recourse from that person is pretty sad.

Also people on here commenting upon loughgiel's set up when it's pretty obvious to those in the know that those people haven't a clue what they're talking about, is laughable. Concentrate on your own clubs.

Whilst I agree with you SIE....it was TM83 who elevated the mans name above a small humorous quip from MR about him.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

The bitterest lemons are plucked from the tree too soon, I thought everyone knew that N_a_h.  ;)

I'm glad you agree skull.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2013, 06:26:18 PM
The bitterest lemons are plucked from the tree too soon, I thought everyone knew that N_a_h.  ;)

What about the the seagulls and the trawler, you all right there Eric
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 25, 2013, 06:34:30 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

What about the the seagulls and the trawler, you all right there Eric
that man knew what he was talking about.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on April 25, 2013, 06:10:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2013, 03:34:31 PM

Whilst I agree with you SIE....it was TM83 who elevated the mans name above a small humorous quip from MR about him.

I was just sticking up for the chip eaters.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Na Glinntí Glasa

i actually think lgiel are a good team. some great players, esp eddie mc closkey whom i think is the most consistant forward lgiel have.

i dont like the manager esp the sneaky things he does.

still doesnt change my view on the players and team.

the only lemons i like go into corona!
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Under 21 HC on Monday night, how do you see these games going?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

DunloyRealist - have they run out of limes in the Bridge & Village inn?

What sneaky things is PJ being accused of?

Or is it time we left this matter?
Until a different team is successful and they become the targets of most peoples' angst!

Any U21 matches being played in the city? Or is this McCooey due a trip to the caravan!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 26, 2013, 09:12:43 AM
DunloyRealist - have they run out of limes in the Bridge & Village inn?

What sneaky things is PJ being accused of?

Or is it time we left this matter?
Until a different team is successful and they become the targets of most peoples' angst!

Any U21 matches being played in the city? Or is this McCooey due a trip to the caravan!

Btdgtt

I would advise that if you don't know what he is referring to then this isn't the place for them to be aired, the lads have suggested that they don't want him discussed any further so, maybe time to move on.

btdtgtt

Yes thats fine NAG!

I have genuinely no idea - it wasnt me that aired anything of the sort - and its only natural if u don't understand something in a post to ask about it.

DR made a post - I asked about it - simple.

If you have a problem with the DR post then that his business what he puts up.