Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Lots of early season lemons over by the Dall by the look of it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tom moore83 on April 25, 2013, 09:18:06 AM
Dunloy realist

Read the post

As a manager he has won everything....mickey mouse cups as well as the big cups...you could also add in U21 championship and reserve league, champioship, countess of antrim. His record is the best ever to come out of Ulster. FFS give the man credit. Great manager. Nothing to prove as club level.

NAG1 bit yourself but then no one ever said he was a good hurler....but when it comes to management he's the BEST

I thought he was a decent enough player plenty of skill and when the ball came to him he was grand, getting to the ball was a different ball game altogether, was good enough goal keeper i seem to remember
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: tom moore83 on April 25, 2013, 11:09:55 AM
Nag1   

Stop talking in riddles. From what i read it was your quote. Either stand by it or tell who said what

Awh come on now, think back to your news paper articles coming up the Semi Final.

SIE - no lemons here at all, just dont p*** on my boots and tell me its raining  ;)

theskull1

He was a very good stick man.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Nag1   

Stop talking in riddles. From what i read it was your quote. Either stand by it or tell who said what

Work this riddle out

P J , s. success isn't down to the fact that he can eat all the chips you can bring him. It's down to the fact he brought in a really good chip eater.

This threads making me hungry
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 25, 2013, 11:36:53 AM
Nag1   

Work this riddle out

P J , s. success isn't down to the fact that he can eat all the chips you can bring him. It's down to the fact he brought in a really good chip eater.

This threads making me hungry

NAH

Getting warmer  ;D

Is it lunch time yet.

btdtgtt

I think anyone giving the credit of Loughiel's success to Jim Nelson is wide of the mark.

To me it seems PJ is the main man - he deserves his dues.
The players are the guys on the pitch actually doing the business - they deserve their medals.

I think sometimes there is a desire to look for a hidden reason or see something that isnt there - instead of the obvious.

And this coming from a city man myself!

Lets face it - if Jim was so effective with his involvement with hurling team maybe St Pauls might be better off!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 25, 2013, 12:02:25 PM
I think anyone giving the credit of Loughiel's success to Jim Nelson is wide of the mark.

The players are the guys on the pitch actually doing the business - they deserve their medals.

I think sometimes there is a desire to look for a hidden reason or see something that isnt there - instead of the obvious.

Lets face it - if Jim was so effective with his involvement with hurling team maybe St Pauls might be better off!

btdtgtt

::)

btdtgtt

Wha?
Excuse my ignorance?

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 25, 2013, 12:28:41 PM
Wha?
Excuse my ignorance?

If you can't see the flaws in your own post, then I dont think I should be pointing them out for you really.

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2013, 12:04:40 PM

btdtgtt

Barring that line of course.

Milltown Row2

More chips?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Loughgeil have very good hurling teams at senior for the better part of a decade, they just lacked that little something to get them over the line come Championship, more a mental thing than ability of the few times I saw them beaten in Antrim finals.

PJ has managed that with aplomb even if he recognized that he may need assistance from people outside the club, that in itself is good management IMO.

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2013, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 25, 2013, 12:28:41 PM
Wha?
Excuse my ignorance?

If you can't see the flaws in your own post, then I dont think I should be pointing them out for you really.

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2013, 12:04:40 PM

btdtgtt

Barring that line of course.

Nope - I dont get it!

Simply saying that Loughiels success is not down to Jim Nelson.

And if Jim Nelson was some sort of a hurling oracle then St Pauls would be more of a hurling force.

johnneycool

It's hard to be prophet in your own home town so to speak, but with all these full time coaches from Belfast you'd have thought the clubs would be awash with the best in coaches the Ulster council has to offer, or do they clock off a 5pm?