Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthehill

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 10, 2013, 01:53:38 PM
Well Harry Redknapp can do a column so can our dear Liam!

I think the way these things are done is normally by an interview over the phone which a journalist writes up.
The colunist can then approve the copy.

Obviously Winker is not the most popular on this forum - but he is controversial which is exactly what the paper wants.
And the fact is - people will therefore read it.

Your right.

It just pisses you off that he's now been given a weekly column that will be filled with attacks on Antrim county and the players. The players there at the minute deserve a break and less of that tripe he spins about them and rivalries etc. The rest will be loughgiel and himself.

Next time i see that Maggie doll running about a pitch with that camera i'll soon tell her.

Seamroga in exile

The rivalry issue is far from tripe unfortunately. It'll be nice to get a differing view than that of our cushendall press pack.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Lets not forget "opinions are like 4rseholes...everyones got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 10, 2013, 01:53:38 PM
Well Harry Redknapp can do ;D a column so can our dear Liam!

I think the way these things are done is normally by an interview over the phone which a journalist writes up.
The colunist can then approve the copy.

Obviously Winker is not the most popular on this forum - but he is controversial which is exactly what the paper wants.
And the fact is - people will therefore read it.
.  Lol.  I don't mind him.  Funny enough  ;D Alot of the time he speaks the truth.  Alot of people don't like the truth.   Then we have the ODD time with beer involved that he's just not close to being wise.  Lol.  Everyone's been there.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Onthehill on April 10, 2013, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2013, 08:19:43 PM
On another note, I hear winker has signed up as a columnist for the county Antrim post. Should be interesting.  :D

If the County Antrim Post think their readership is going to go through the roof by signing up this clown as a columnist, they're mistaken. Don't think there is a spell check designed for this man's dialect.

Can just see the editors face when he receives his first draft!
Hi boy, wha ye tryin tay say 'bout our dialec? Sure is it naw as plain as day tay unnerstan?

Good job it's written down right enough.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Are Antrim playing Carlow in the relegation decider this weekend?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on April 11, 2013, 09:39:28 AM
Are Antrim playing Carlow in the relegation decider this weekend?

Yes in Navan, schools semi on before it I think, St Marys
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Think the schools game is the final MR2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 11, 2013, 11:34:29 AM
Think the schools game is the final MR2.

What grade is that at? B Grade?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The A grade is an ulster select these days. They nearly got to the final the other week too which would have been quite an achievement.

Yep - it's the B grade from what I know of.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i will be interested to see what liam has to say, i will give the first column a fair run and if he starts running down the county and other clubs then it will have to be ignored.
ive sopken to him before and hes a decent enough lad but just because hes a good hurler doesnt make his opinions on the game worth hearing.
it reminds me of lar corbetts column, we had a kilkenny man up at the weekend and he laughed at it. the thought of someone in kilkenny doing that would never have been allowed, esp someone who hasnt performed consistantly at a top level for a number of years.
but still, i will read it with interest.
hurl like f**k boi!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 11, 2013, 12:00:34 PM
The A grade is an ulster select these days. They nearly got to the final the other week too which would have been quite an achievement.

Yep - it's the B grade from what I know of.

It is the B grade - the O'Keefe Cup. Think St Mary's are going for 2 in a row, with Ulster teams having won the last 4 or so (St Marys, Maghera, Ballycastle, Ballycastle from memory).

In relation to the A grade, an Ulster Colleges team was entered for the first time. In the Quarter Final, they led most of the game against Mercy Colleges of Galway who got a goal from a free in injury time to level it and then a point to win it. Mercy Colleges were then beaten by 3 or 4 in the semi against Kilkenny CBS who were themselves beaten in the final by Dungarvan Schools.

Think St Mary's opposition was one of the schools making up the Dungarvan combination, so there will be a load of lads going for an A and B double in the one year.

theskull1

Good luck tomoro lads. That's a decent lineup more than good enough to do the job
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Worried about mcgreevey physicality for wing back - what u think mr2 /manandball?
Also don't like Donnelly midfield eg mobility?

All in all tho I think we're simply a better team than Carlow and that will prevail.
Antrim by 4-8 points for me.