Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on April 08, 2013, 03:52:18 PM
They could play their Z squad if youse line out with the side youse brought down on Friday night  :P

Ha Ha  ;D ;D

Was busy, otherwise I'd have been there lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tom moore83

NAG1 or should it be JEALOUS NAG1

When was the last time N McM played in the same position for 2 games in a row. When was the time he played in the same position for a whole game. Sort your own house out.

Good players can play any position. Loughgiel can and will use and play their players in whatever position when they like.

Seems they are doing something right 2 from 2

Seamroga in exile

On another note, I hear winker has signed up as a columnist for the county Antrim post. Should be interesting.  :D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2013, 08:19:43 PM
On another note, I hear winker has signed up as a columnist for the county Antrim post. Should be interesting.  :D

He seems like a boy that can hardly spell his own name.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

theskull1

Time will tell if there's a readership for that column.  Not for me I know that much
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

We'd a good win against Ballycastle on Sunday.

El Magico even carrying a bit of timber is making our forwards tick with some very unselfish play from the big man, still gets his fair share though. Ballycastle played into our hands a bit by trying to send a midfielder to cover in front of him, that left space for our other forwards who seemed to have matured or had a bit of pressure lifted off them when Magic's around and are playing better, Danny Toner is finally showing what he's made of and Caolan Baille starting to understand that he's no longer playing minor hurling at senior and eating the lace out of the ball.

I'd still have reservations about our defence and lack of strength on the bench when injuries mount, but from where we were last year there's an improvement in the speed and thought in our hurling and that's commendable.

On a side note, Neil McAuley was far from fit and looked to be carrying an injury, not good news for Antrim as he's a quality player.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2013, 03:14:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2013, 02:25:21 PM
Quite a bit of pettiness here...

They've won the AI and got to a replay of the semi giving them more or less no break with the same panel of players.

a) some of their players will need a rest
b) the league is the time for them, and anyone, to look at new players.

I don't see how anyone could see this as an air of arrogance. I think it's nothing short of petty  begrudgery to call it that.

Was stating my opinion on the matter, perceived from ther outside or not, it is what I think. I framed the opinion by stating that I understood the reasons for doing so but that it still did not sit well with me.
sure what really is it to you?  Or anyone, Outside of loughgiel.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Are Ballycastle in some sort of training regime that they are over trained (gym wise) and and not enough stick work done? Thought they would be pulling hard this year, early days but..........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

playing the reserves might work, or it might not. time wil tell come the championship.

im sure the lads are glad of a rest at the min after all their training from the past few years
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 09, 2013, 12:59:56 PM
Are Ballycastle in some sort of training regime that they are over trained (gym wise) and and not enough stick work done? Thought they would be pulling hard this year, early days but..........

im surprised as well at them losing 2 games on the trot. not like them considering the talent they have in the squad. some cracking players esp neil mcauley. early days yet i suppose, we didnt start well last year and ended up in the county final so theres no point in peaking early or too early at that.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

I wouldn't have said it to be are reserves.   There was a few lads played out of there normal position.  And a few younger lads that have been pushing hard as past while getting there chance.   God forbid!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north aontroim gael

I see the footballers are dealing with an in-house dispute with regards T McCann and T Scullion being rightly or wrongly dropped for the weekends game. 

Antrim, more than any other County seem to deal with these issues (across both codes) on an annual basis.  Whilst other counties have isolated issues we deal with it year in, year out.  One of a few reasons why we don't make much of a dent in either code.

Onthehill

If the County Antrim Post think their readership is going to go through the roof by signing up this clown as a columnist, they're mistaken. Don't think there is a spell check designed for this man's dialect.

Can just see the editors face when he receives his first draft!

btdtgtt

Well Harry Redknapp can do a column so can our dear Liam!

I think the way these things are done is normally by an interview over the phone which a journalist writes up.
The colunist can then approve the copy.

Obviously Winker is not the most popular on this forum - but he is controversial which is exactly what the paper wants.
And the fact is - people will therefore read it.

Jeepers Creepers

Dont like it, dont read it!  :)