Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on April 08, 2013, 09:31:51 AM
Were Rossa missing anyone from the team which played Loughgiel?

Loughgiel had a much changed team with a lot of lads rested/playing out of position but never really had to get out of second gear.

Not that they will care or be worried what I think, but I find it a bit tasteless and disrespectful to the other teams and to the league that LG will be rotating out so much of the 'best' 15. I can see it from their side of the fence trying to keep their players fresh for later in the year, but that still doesnt stop me from thinking it is not good.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2013, 11:03:57 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on April 08, 2013, 09:31:51 AM
Were Rossa missing anyone from the team which played Loughgiel?

Loughgiel had a much changed team with a lot of lads rested/playing out of position but never really had to get out of second gear.

Not that they will care or be worried what I think, but I find it a bit tasteless and disrespectful to the other teams and to the league that LG will be rotating out so much of the 'best' 15. I can see it from their side of the fence trying to keep their players fresh for later in the year, but that still doesnt stop me from thinking it is not good.

I'd say you're right in that they won't care or be worried.

Makes complete sense to rest the boys who need a mental and physical break as well as to give opportunities to fellas who slogged all winter and never got much game time.  Considering they are 2/2 I don't think they are really undermining the competition.

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
You've lost it, NAG1.

Maybe so HS wouldnt be the first time.

Just doesn't sit comfortably with me but maybe its just a grumpy Monday morning thing  ;)

Seamroga in exile

It's loughgiel's fault.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Rossa were missing a few players including Armstrong & Close.

Loughiel had Watson, Barney, Joe Scullion, James Campbell, Neil McGarry, Ding Gillen, Eddie McCloskey all playing to name but a few.
I'm not sure that can count as a weakened team?

For me its Lougheils team, they can chose who plays, and they dont need to explain themselves to anyone.
2 out of 2 including a win in Dunloy?
I dont think they can be assused of distorting the league by a long shot!

Even in the broader picture - does any team really have their first 15 available of much if any of the league. Very rare I would say that someone isnt always missing for some reason or another? Loughiel simply have the riches to chose to leave players out while still having a strong team on the field - and winning their games.

theskull1

NAG must've been feeling a little hormonal this morning

If they can still field 2 teams (and still win) then why should anyone have an issue with their line outs week to week ...their call end of. I'm sure if they were getting hosed with a changed team then  they themselves would look at it.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on April 08, 2013, 12:58:50 PM

If they can still field 2 teams (and still win) then why should anyone have an issue with their line outs week to week ...their call end of. I'm sure if they were getting hosed with a changed team then  they themselves would look at it.

Maybe I was and as I explained I can understand their reasons for doing it and that's fair enough. Just to me it gives off an air of arrogance but as you say dealers choice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2013, 01:36:03 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 08, 2013, 12:58:50 PM

Maybe I was and as I explained I can understand their reasons for doing it and that's fair enough. Just to me it gives off an air of arrogance but as you say dealers choice.

Well when you have won an All Ireland and a few Championships in a row, arrogance might be perceived from the outside.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Quite a bit of pettiness here...

They've won the AI and got to a replay of the semi giving them more or less no break with the same panel of players.

a) some of their players will need a rest
b) the league is the time for them, and anyone, to look at new players.

I don't see how anyone could see this as an air of arrogance. I think it's nothing short of petty  begrudgery to call it that.

north aontroim gael

Anyone know if Joe Cassidy is still taking Ballycastle?

Is there a break in fixtures for a while or whats happening?

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 08, 2013, 02:25:21 PM
Quite a bit of pettiness here...

They've won the AI and got to a replay of the semi giving them more or less no break with the same panel of players.

a) some of their players will need a rest
b) the league is the time for them, and anyone, to look at new players.

I don't see how anyone could see this as an air of arrogance. I think it's nothing short of petty  begrudgery to call it that.

Was stating my opinion on the matter, perceived from the outside or not, it is what I think. I framed the opinion by stating that I understood the reasons for doing so but that it still did not sit well with me.

saffron89

think it would be worse if shamrocks didn't rotate their squad.  Is it not blooding their players

surprised at the amount of regulars actually playing this early in he season.

Btgtt  Jthe ohnnies had about another 15 on the sideline, they look young but they had no bother disposing of the home side.  League table shows Galget and Johnnies at top, the common demonimator is they have boh played a weak Glenariffe team that as helped the scoring average. 

One worry for the Johnnies is the manager keeping his cool, he was quite animated at times despite the score line.  Would like to see a full meltdown, im sure its something to behold.  Plenty of snow on the hills up the glens. 

reckon Johnnies ballycastle would be a good game, would like to see it.  I know it is very early days but i think the shams can only beat themselves.  Had fancied the Dall this year but surprising defeat there for them, howver had they the full 15 in operation.

also reckon the Galls will walk that league if they keep their focus.  Who are the management team this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 08, 2013, 03:32:59 PM
think it would be worse if shamrocks didn't rotate their squad.  Is it not blooding their players

surprised at the amount of regulars actually playing this early in he season.

Btgtt  Jthe ohnnies had about another 15 on the sideline, they look young but they had no bother disposing of the home side.  League table shows Galget and Johnnies at top, the common demonimator is they have boh played a weak Glenariffe team that as helped the scoring average. 

One worry for the Johnnies is the manager keeping his cool, he was quite animated at times despite the score line.  Would like to see a full meltdown, im sure its something to behold.  Plenty of snow on the hills up the glens. 

reckon Johnnies ballycastle would be a good game, would like to see it.  I know it is very early days but i think the shams can only beat themselves.  Had fancied the Dall this year but surprising defeat there for them, howver had they the full 15 in operation.

also reckon the Galls will walk that league if they keep their focus.  Who are the management team this year.

Believe they did have all players.

We aren't interested in the league, just concentrating on Loughgiel ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

They could play their Z squad if youse line out with the side youse brought down on Friday night  :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera