Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2013, 11:15:05 PM
All very embarrassing :(

Hopefully once the leagues start we could have something constructive to chat about

agreed but nothing wrong with debating the county Mr2, I only came on here to get reports from wexford and see who played well or bad. how are your lads going, whats the word from the city. I here jonty putting in a big effort with St Johns
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 11:19:17 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 16, 2013, 11:03:49 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 10:56:04 PM
The truth hurts.

you referring to my post our yours with that. only thing hurt is your reputation.Ill be ok as will Dunloy no matter what musings some cyber hurler is ranting on a forum board.
My reputation is neither here nor there, I post the truth. It would do you all well to do the same.

pathetic      now we are all liars.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 16, 2013, 11:23:19 PM

Hopefully once the leagues start we could have something constructive to chat about

agreed but nothing wrong with debating the county Mr2, I only came on here to get reports from wexford and see who played well or bad. how are your lads going, whats the word from the city. I here jonty putting in a big effort with St Johns

By all accounts Jonty will have the Johnnies going well, I hope I'm not refereeing his games ffs!! be mental listening to the line. Rossa putting in a great pre season also and Sarsfields will be the major players in Div 2 i think, Kevo has the lads training and playing a lot of games pre season, the under 21's they have have finally matured I think so they will win Intermediate this year and possibly pip us for the Div 2 title.

We will push hard and with Loughgiel in Belfast I know the lads are looking forward to it (perversely) so all good. Think the championship will be hard this year, Loughgiel are justified favourites but will get it tighter this year but should prevale
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 11:19:17 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 16, 2013, 11:03:49 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 10:56:04 PM
The truth hurts.

you referring to my post our yours with that. only thing hurt is your reputation.Ill be ok as will Dunloy no matter what musings some cyber hurler is ranting on a forum board.
My reputation is neither here nor there, I post the truth. It would do you all well to do the same.
Started the St. Patrick's celebrations early? Can be the only reason for one of the most idiotic comments on here.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2013, 11:37:16 PM

By all accounts Jonty will have the Johnnies going well, I hope I'm not refereeing his games ffs!! be mental listening to the line. Rossa putting in a great pre season also and Sarsfields will be the major players in Div 2 i think, Kevo has the lads training and playing a lot of games pre season, the under 21's they have have finally matured I think so they will win Intermediate this year and possibly pip us for the Div 2 title.

We will push hard and with Loughgiel in Belfast I know the lads are looking forward to it (perversely) so all good. Think the championship will be hard this year, Loughgiel are justified favourites but will get it tighter this year but should prevale

yeah LG favourites for sure and gunning for 4 in a row but there's a lot of hard miles on the clock. good to here kevos lads are going well. 3 years ago during the first winter( January) dunloy indoor opened we arranged a challenge match with his then  minors. but all that heavy snow set in and we didn't expect them to show up, driving conditions where so bad but they showed up in a bus,   light on numbers but we had a game. He's a real hurling man through and through

Glensman

Quote from: Minder on March 16, 2013, 07:11:55 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 07:09:00 PM
So I  just heard a while ago. Heard oisins couldn't handle being beat by Cloughmills. Any truth minder?

I wouldn't have thought they would be that bothered about a friendly. I heard it got very niggly from both teams and the ref, from Cushendall, couldn't be arsed with it and abandoned it.

Heard pretty much exactly the same, that Oisins were missing 6/7 and that Tosh was managing/on sideline. Has he quit playing?
Can't imagine either team would read much into it.

This thread has gone to the dogs.
Petty oneupmanship and point scoring...he said/she said.
If that is the way it flows through to our club rivalry on and off the field then our county has little hope of progressing.
Club hurling in other 'hurling' counties you'd get cut to shreds in a match but somehow they leave it behind or put it on the back burner for the greater good.
You don't have to like your teammate but at least some semblance of respect should be given.
I might or others might over dramatise this rivalry thing and it may very well be the case that we just don't have enough hurlers who are top drawer but we don't half shoot ourselves in the foot year on year:

Jingo canned after a respectable tenure

Sambo and Woody crucified for various reasons when regardless of personalties two more committed men it would be hard to find

Dinny...that one word gives me the shivers. He brought us on, left..was foolish enough to come back and was dumped. So he tried to put it up to Cork before a game we were never really going to win/favourites for...it back fired. Foolish...perhaps but trying to give a bit of self belief to players...fair play.

Jerry Wallis/Wallace completely imploding - I recall widespread happiness when he was appointed, across the board particularly by players...he did appear to go off the rails but are people foolish enough not to believe people within this county/we had no remote input into this?!

Ryan - he tries to set a stall out, perhaps slightly misguided on being so public about it and maybe too hard a line with the Loughgiel initial stance (arguably more in ignorance not having dealt with a club training for the AI before) but setting out a stall in some shape or form is exactly what we need. I think players are impressed by him and the training. He seems to emphasise physicality which is ONE OF the big things we lack in comparison to our friends in the south...how long will he last before he is ousted, his position made untenable, there is disquiet in the dressing room...any or all of the above - not much of a betting man but would lay a fair bit on this.

We must look like some fair eejits from the outside.

theskull1

Has one man not kicked the shit stirring off or am I myopic?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tom moore83

Watson should be on the county panel. End of, No arguement. Best forward in Ulster by a mile. He wasnt asked. FACT

Saffrongael

Quote from: tom moore83 on March 17, 2013, 09:00:00 AM
Watson should be on the county panel. End of, No arguement. Best forward in Ulster by a mile. He wasnt asked. FACT

McManus has been a far more reliable, impressive & consistent performer for Antrim than Watson.

Oh and before you start harking back to Watson against Cork a few years ago, we have heard it before and it was ONE game, which is starting to look like an anomaly in his Antrim career.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jesusjones

Saffrongael, the Cork game a few years ago when he got sent off with about 10 mins to go when we were 4 points down with a chance to beat Cork? That game?

tom moore83

mc manus is a glorified free taker. Explain what he has ever done for antrim

What has the cork game got to do with watson being asked onto the antrim panel

Ask anyone from the south who would they want on their team watson or mc manus

simple answer watson

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2013, 11:37:16 PM

They arranged a challenge game either last week or the weekend before not sure which - but I am sure that neither side got 15 men.
Ominous?
Johnnies are going at it hammer and tongs.
Lamh dearg no manager and very few players?

Not like you to play down galls prospects MR2! Hit the sarcasm button!
For me the galls v sarsfields games will be great watching hopefully good advertisements.

manballandall

Not this year I fear. I hope I am proved wrong but feel we could struggle this year a bit with quite a young team which will lack a bit of experience. The young ones are good, very good in fact, but may take them a year or 2 to find their feet. As of yet we haven't had half a full team together with injuries, colleges etc and at this stage of the year I think could be costly in the first few games of the year. Time will tell

saffron89

Watson talented no doubt. In cork game he could have easily be sent off in first five minutes.  Watson would carry more goal threat from frees. Mc manus more of all rounder probably. Two different players though.  Either way mc manus has contributed more to county. As he is committed. Would like to see them both on the team. 

btdtgtt

Quote from: manballandall on March 17, 2013, 10:53:44 AM
Not this year I fear. I hope I am proved wrong but feel we could struggle this year a bit with quite a young team which will lack a bit of experience. The young ones are good, very good in fact, but may take them a year or 2 to find their feet. As of yet we haven't had half a full team together with injuries, colleges etc and at this stage of the year I think could be costly in the first few games of the year. Time will tell

I really would like to see galls give hurling a real go - but understand the difficulties given the success in football.
The dual clubs are condemned in this respect.
Still my pick to go up however. Sarsfields limited numbers will result in a bad spell during the summer. Any news from the gorts?