Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 10, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: manballandall on March 06, 2013, 08:31:39 PM
I think st galls could find it tough enough. Very young team this year with a lot of older guys injured, retired, etc. I hope I'm wrong

I hear they only had 13 for the Ulster League game yesterday against Glenariffe.

14 when I arrived lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Latest:  Antrim 0-9 Dublin 3-11

Na Glinntí Glasa

Poor the day. 2 silly goals cost us big time!
Defence hurled well but the forwards were poor
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Thought we didn't employ any tactics against a notoriously tactical side. Industrious enough but but short on cuteness. Not sure we are at a level where we can adapt to the game as it unfolds.

Tony Baloney

Was Limerick an anomaly?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on March 10, 2013, 05:58:26 PM
Thought we didn't employ any tactics against a notoriously tactical side. Industrious enough but but short on cuteness. Not sure we are at a level where we can adapt to the game as it unfolds.

We were dung, sorry I know some lads put it it, half back line were great. but a lot of lads will have to look at themselves

Ok I'm not the tallest person in the world but I've always managed to keep myself fit, slim and mobile, looking at the Dubs and what we put out was slightly embarrassing. The days of overweight and slow un-mobile players is finished. The Dubs have always had that physicality but were stronger on the ball and off it than we were!!

Is it that difficult to say to a lad to get f**king fit and then get ready for training for the county? You can have all the skill in the world and great touch but if the ball doesn't get to you then you'll never win it if you are over weight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

casement was no place to be today, the only thing worse than the cutting wind was the hurling. either limerick were very bad of our crew are pure jackal and Hyde.

Bad points to numerous to detail and that Dublin team where no big shakes. Looking like the same old league, good opening round,nothing in between then a good performance near the end to avoid relegation.  i hope)

That was bad no other word for it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Jesusjones

Seriously disappointing today in Casement. The 2 goals we gave away were shockers. We don't look like scoring goals when we play Mc Manus out the field. Neil Mc Auley was brilliant and Mc Kinley and Graffin wern't far behind but we badly need forwards.

Milltown Row2

Teribble stuff, hate being negetive about the team.

Couple of points, Ryan stood on the line himself, is that what he wants? Was Dick always involved and why sit on the sub bench?

manballandall

I'm sure ryan had an ear piece in and was getting feedback from the stand. I actually believe you see more from the terraces and think more managers should do it. The question I would have is why he wasn't in the stand unless he had every confidence in what others were seeing in which case as you were.

btdtgtt

I've got a look at the Div1 fixtures at long last - Rossa V Johnnies on the opening day! I won't miss that!

MR2 or manballandall help me out with the Div2 fixtures?
Any more news from Hannahstown?

This weekend I think we'll really run Wexford close - its a winnable game.
They've been goin backwards and we have had out two toughest tests already.

Na Glinntí Glasa

is there a full list for them yet?
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I saw all the St Johns fixtures and the rest were there but I only scanned them for Belfast dates.
The Johnnies are going really well in pre-season - we'll see if they can hopefully maintain it.
Rossa will play Loughiel quite early also but I cant remember Dunloy sorry!
The Johnnies games didnt seeem too well balance between home/away but it all balances out obviously.

Seamroga in exile

We begin home to Oisins and away to Dunloy. Our seniors are being rested until June, if they want to. Well earned I'd say.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Can't argue with that - back in June plenty of time to defend championship.
League hardly an issue for that squad.