Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Roy mc larnon manager of the aggies and crossey looking after o dees. All i know qpart from your club, young bellew and whoever.

johnneycool

I think we're officially still managerless, but we've got a lad in training the team and a few others with him who seem to be working ok together. It remains to be seen if the higher echelons of the club let them remain in situ.

btdtgtt

Bit of politics JohnnyCool?

Talking to the Johnnies men they are flying - putting a mountain of work in with big numbers and challenge games.

Anyone shed any light on the actual fixture list?

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 06, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

Talking to the Johnnies men they are flying - putting a mountain of work in with big numbers and challenge games.

I give that to the good weather kicks in, stag parties, holidays and the Belfast festival always seem to slow the progress down  ;)

CitySlicker11

Who is with Cushendall this year?

And is the Dunloy management team staying in place, as I think they done very well to get the best out of a team that nobody expected much from, I feel they could do the same again this year.

Na Glinntí Glasa

no change for us this year, same as last year again
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 06, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

I don't think its parochial politics, moreso an inability to make a decision.

btdtgtt

Not great when the leagues are close to starting - especially as this could be a tough year for your lads?

The dithering might be frustrating - understandable if choosing between different options but at this stage an outsider might suggest you would be better getting the managment in place and running with it?

It seems the Lambs are struggling also - no manager and few players?
Has Micko's opting for bog ball affected their hurling set up?

I would fancy St Johns to start with a flurry of wins then fade off as NAG suggested!
Its a city affliction!

St Galls bog-ballers the honorable exception MR2!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 06, 2013, 02:04:11 PM
Not great when the leagues are close to starting - especially as this could be a tough year for your lads?

The dithering might be frustrating - understandable if choosing between different options but at this stage an outsider might suggest you would be better getting the managment in place and running with it?

It seems the Lambs are struggling also - no manager and few players?
Has Micko's opting for bog ball affected their hurling set up?

I would fancy St Johns to start with a flurry of wins then fade off as NAG suggested!
Its a city affliction!

St Galls bog-ballers the honorable exception MR2!

Intelligence is a wonderful thing btdtgtt, that's the difference I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

McCarry and fellow Loughgiel man Mark McFadden have been drafted into the squad along with Ballycastle's Stephen McAree by manager Kevin Ryan.
"With the three lads coming in, the panel is more or less settled now. It's a solid enough panel with a lot of cover for all the various positions."

I didnt agree with it anyway but this makes a mockery of his "closed-door" statements.

Laverty out and Barry McFall an injury doubt - personally I don't rate him so no huge loss.
Would be delighted if we could build on the Limerick performance and put one over Dublin.
Carlow and Wexford definitely beatable.

Seamroga in exile

Benny's call up is well overdue and Duck will give 100% to the final whistle. Glad to see it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

Austin with O donnells not crossey and I expect janty won't let the johnnies rest up too much but all about peaking at the right time.

btdtgtt

I agree - St. John's will start like a whirlwind maybe take a big scalp.
But then fade as the rest get up to speed.

What about the galls?
Bellew up and running?
Can't see anyone competing with milltown in div2 unless they don't want to go up!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 06, 2013, 05:33:29 PM
Benny's call up is well overdue and Duck will give 100% to the final whistle. Glad to see it.
[/quote

Agreed, these two tried their guts out last month, deserve a crack at county level
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

manballandall

I think st galls could find it tough enough. Very young team this year with a lot of older guys injured, retired, etc. I hope I'm wrong