Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 26, 2013, 01:10:06 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 25, 2013, 09:38:02 PM
So the three city teams draw the big3 from north antrim.     

Then the remaining weaker north antrim teams play off for an xtra championship game. Nice one.

And as an aside the shamrocks and cloughmills get a wee next door game - anyone else plays cloughmills it's meaningless.

And is that loughiel into the final without meeting another big3 team again?

Well well well - did someone in this board hint that this draw might lead to some conspiracy theories?

as i said with my previous post if it was seeded that draw is what it is, but its ment to be unseeded. ffs give me a break this county will never change shams/dall final? i said it but sure you can hope for an upset...
Didn't you know that Loughgiel fix it every year?  McManus was in on it.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

so another easy draw for lgiel again. who seen that coming! lol

possible semi final against ballycastle. that could be a great game for the neutral. we were lucky last year to get a 1 point win over the town and i expect big things from them as they have some cracking players in the team.

our game will be tough as rossa are always hard to beat in the championship. no doubt this game will be in the city which makes it tougher for us.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Then the remaining weaker north antrim teams play off for an xtra championship game. Nice one.

And as an aside the shamrocks and cloughmills get a wee next door game - anyone else plays cloughmills it's meaningless.

Well well well - did someone in this board hint that this draw might lead to some conspiracy theories?

as i said with my previous post if it was seeded that draw is what it is, but its ment to be unseeded. ffs give me a break this county will never change shams/dall final? i said it but sure you can hope for an upset...

Still dont know where you are getting this final pairing from? There is no recent evidence to support this.

Gizzy15

Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2013, 08:46:51 AM

Still dont know where you are getting this final pairing from? There is no recent evidence to support this.

They have contested 6 of the last 8 finals, because they didnt make it to the final last year are they all of a sudden a bad team?? they also topped the league last year (only lost two games late in the season). whats your gripe.

NAG1

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 26, 2013, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2013, 08:46:51 AM

They have contested 6 of the last 8 finals, because they didnt make it to the final last year are they all of a sudden a bad team?? they also topped the league last year (only lost two games late in the season). whats your gripe.

Tell me the last serious Championship match that Cushendall have won?

Milltown Row2

St Galls at Loughgiel?  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2013, 12:18:29 PM

Ok rephrase  ;) A match that they were not expected to win, or against either Dunloy or Loughgiel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2013, 12:23:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2013, 12:18:29 PM

Ok rephrase  ;) A match that they were not expected to win, or against either Dunloy or Loughgiel.

Yeah It's been a while, ya better watch out or Ballycastle will over take ya's

On a serious note, St Johns will be happy to be in Belfast, I think the lesser sides playing the top teams can only be a good thing. No point the lesser teams playing themselves and learning nothing till they meet a top team. I'm sure our lads can't wait till the game and will be well up for it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I get the Dall argument but to write them off is ridiculous given the talen they have available.

Well here goes - its February but I dont think the next 8 months will prove me wrong:

Shams beat Galls

Dall beat Johns
Dunloy beat Rossa
Shams beat Cloughmills
Town beat Oisins

Dall beat Dunloy (!!!)
Shams beat Town

Shams beat Dall

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 26, 2013, 12:54:35 PM
I get the Dall argument but to write them off is ridiculous given the talen they have available.

Well here goes - its February but I dont think the next 8 months will prove me wrong:

Shams beat Galls

Dall beat Johns
Dunloy beat Rossa
Shams beat Cloughmills
Town beat Oisins

Dall beat Dunloy (!!!)
Shams beat Town

Shams beat Dall

Wasnt writing them off, was merely pointing to the fact that people we automatically picking them as finalists when they havent beaten anyone in a serious competitive game going on a good few years now.

Ballycastle to improve again this year but will they improve enough to take out LG?

St Johns and Rossa be glad to see btdtgtt going against them, with his track record of predictions  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2013, 01:35:07 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 26, 2013, 12:54:35 PM

Shams beat Galls

Dall beat Johns
Dunloy beat Rossa
Shams beat Cloughmills
Town beat Oisins

Dall beat Dunloy (!!!)
Shams beat Town

Shams beat Dall

Wasnt writing them off, was merely pointing to the fact that people we automatically picking them as finalists when they havent beaten anyone in a serious competitive game going on a good few years now.

Ballycastle to improve again this year but will they improve enough to take out LG?

St Johns and Rossa be glad to see btdtgtt going against them, with his track record of predictions  ;)

I can't argue with that!

Na Glinntí Glasa

im quite happy for people to expect a dall v lgiel final. everyone thought it last year and we beat cdall, with a bit to spare which surprised me.
i will take us being underdogs again ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 28, 2013, 10:03:40 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 28, 2013, 08:49:25 AM
im quite happy for people to expect a dall v lgiel final. everyone thought it last year and we beat cdall, with a bit to spare which surprised me.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet though.

Yeah, you'll hardly be underdogs against Rossa!

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on February 28, 2013, 10:03:40 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 28, 2013, 08:49:25 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet though.

HS just on your guys, is there any plans to redevelop Rossa park, with a view to a social club or refurb of the changing rooms or anything?

PS I see JC is at his work regarding Casement.

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on February 28, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
Not sure they're going to run with a social club but yeah, they're looking to develop it. Think work is start in a couple of weeks.

As for Casement, I wouldn't like it built at the bottom of my garden either.

Yeah there is no arguing that it will be an inconvenience for the residents in the locality for the development phase, but can they not see past that, to it providing jobs for their community and hopefully some sort of sustained investment in the area too? Or is it the fact the residents around the Aviva got a pay off that is sticking in his throat?