Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that hurling is a sport for the winter SiE!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 02, 2012, 12:42:34 AM
I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that hurling is a sport for the winter SiE!
historically, it is.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Rossa_SMacM

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:55:04 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 07:22:46 PM
They might have been weakened, but struggle isn't the right turn of phrase thffs. Surely they've strength in their subs?

Credit to Oulart.

Sorry why is not the right turn of phrase?
are they a two man team?
No but these players are All Stars. One of them probably the greatest hurlers that has ever been. They could make a huge differance..a point each from both of them would win them the match.
Your original post stated that any team would struggle. I disagree. Like I said, it will weaken the team but a good team will overcome.

I agree but put the shoe on the other foot and I reckon yourself an the few other Loughguile Ultras on this would be the first to start moaning if for example Winker got injured in the first 5 minutes of your semi final and had to come off.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Rossa_SMacM on December 02, 2012, 11:39:44 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:55:04 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 07:22:46 PM
They might have been weakened, but struggle isn't the right turn of phrase thffs. Surely they've strength in their subs?

Credit to Oulart.

Sorry why is not the right turn of phrase?
are they a two man team?
No but these players are All Stars. One of them probably the greatest hurlers that has ever been. They could make a huge differance..a point each from both of them would win them the match.
Your original post stated that any team would struggle. I disagree. Like I said, it will weaken the team but a good team will overcome.

I agree but put the shoe on the other foot and I reckon yourself an the few other Loughguile Ultras on this would be the first to start moaning if for example Winker got injured in the first 5 minutes of your semi final and had to come off.
if he got injured fairly then there's no argument. Replace him and get on with it. No excuses.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on November 30, 2012, 04:53:39 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 30, 2012, 03:31:00 PM
Take a closer look at a busy dual clubs fixture list and tell me that theres alot of down time. I thinks thats a lie that seems to bandied around but doesnt stack up when you look at the facts

Just to back up what I'm saying. Heres the games a dual player in Dunloy gets through. Not much slacking. Would have been more but out footballers got chinned in the first round of the championship. So thats 48 games in a 34 week season

Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct      Totals
Football             1      3      4       5      3      5      1                               22
Hurling              3      2      4       2      4      5      1      3      1               26
Total                 4      5      8       7      7      10    2      3      1               48

2 Games in August Skull?

Is that due to clubs not wanting league games so close to championship?

On this issue of club championship being played in Winter, I think that's just inevitable as there's only so many days in the year, but I do think drainage on pitches should be improved to facilitate it and the drainage on our own pitch is pretty poor at the minute.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2012, 11:09:13 AM
historically, it is.

Historically we had to learn Irish and practice Mass in hedges as well.

CitySlicker11

SIE any insight in to the training Loughgiel are doing at the minute? Would they be following the same pattern as last winter or trying to freshen things up a bit?

Suppose there is no point in changing a winning formula.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 03, 2012, 09:52:24 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 02, 2012, 11:09:13 AM
historically, it is.

Historically we had to learn Irish and practice Mass in hedges as well.
indeed

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 03, 2012, 11:47:21 AM
SIE any insight in to the training Loughgiel are doing at the minute? Would they be following the same pattern as last winter or trying to freshen things up a bit?

Suppose there is no point in changing a winning formula.
no idea cs.    ;)

CitySlicker11

Admire your consistency SIE in never giving away to much on Loughgiel, maybe you are a lot closer to the panel than you let on?

How's the county set up getting on, are they training away at the minute?

DearyMe

What do we think about the motions being brought to convention about leagues and championship?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

btdtgtt

Na Glinntí Glasa

changing the current set up from 8 to 10 teams.

also theres talk of basing the chanpionship on the current Div1 standings. if theres 5 in the antrim league then thats all the championship will have. sounds mental i know but apparently thats whats on the table.

maybe i picked the championship proposals up wrong but the league proposal is def right.

dont want the current league set up to change. works well, why change it
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 04, 2012, 01:01:15 PM
changing the current set up from 8 to 10 teams.

also theres talk of basing the chanpionship on the current Div1 standings. if theres 5 in the antrim league then thats all the championship will have. sounds mental i know but apparently thats whats on the table.

maybe i picked the championship proposals up wrong but the league proposal is def right.

dont want the current league set up to change. works well, why change it

So we will be in the intermediate championship and not allowed to compete outside of Ulster should we win those competitions?? I think there is a rule stopping you from competing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I think the 10 team Div1 is fine - adding Glenarrife and Ballygalget from what would have been the original structure. DunloyRealist I understand your point "it works fine" might be true for Dunloy and other teams, but its not just about that. There's a bigger picture and in general the Antrim leagues are not working fine!

Not sure whats is intended by championship. I have heard this home&away idea in the first round - what a nonsense! Is the winner decided by aggregate score? This distorts the games. Either go with groups, or stay at knockout.

As for dictating championship entries I am also against this. I think clubs should be able to choose their championship (will explain why in a moment) so long as they cannot drop down a level easily to try and pick up a trophy.
I will take St Galls as an example to illustrate this. St Galls cannot compete all season at the top table due to football commitments (not their fault - the price of supporting both codes as every club should). But for a one-off effort which is what championship is about - well we all know what they are capable of. Therefore let them play senior championship. The alternative is an Intermediate championship which will not develop St Galls - and might rob other teams of a meaningful championship with Ulster qualification.

I suppose its all still a little vague or worthless until we get confirmation of the motions?
Are they all decided one way or another on Wednesday?

Has anyone heard a rumour about Derry clubs entering Antrim leagues?