Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 01, 2012, 03:25:45 PM
I can nearly hear the cheer from the pound bar!
Ballyhale beaten by oulart.

Why ?! Have they not a semi to play first and then either Thurles or OTB ? Some cakewalk.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Absolutely lads but the fact is that the favourites are now out - its a plus for loughiel no matter what way u look at it.
Lets hope one shamrocks fulfills!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on December 01, 2012, 04:30:14 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 01, 2012, 03:25:45 PM
I can nearly hear the cheer from the pound bar!
Ballyhale beaten by oulart.

Why ?! Have they not a semi to play first and then either Thurles or OTB ? Some cakewalk.
indeed minder, indeed. Its never won easy. Try telling that to some boys on here though.

Btw, that was only the Leinster semi lads.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Two Hands FFS

Shefflin went off injured after 25 minutes or so. No TJ Reid so any team would struggle without them..county or club

Seamroga in exile

They might have been weakened, but struggle isn't the right turn of phrase thffs. Surely they've strength in their subs?

Credit to Oulart.

saffron89

Oulart the Ballagh were many pundits favourites last year and got caught on the hop by Coolderry.  Reckon they'll come out of Leinster at Least this year.

some semi final line up

Again more open than previous years, just like last year and we all no what happened.  What odds Oulart and shamrocks final with the slaneysliders running out winners

maxpower

OLB are a decent team, threatened for a few years but never delivered, and regardless what happens now only one team left in the competition has experience of planning a winter training program.  Absolutely crucial.

Stroke of luck for all teams left in the competition that Ballyhale had to play without their 2 AllStars.  Given how the report of the second half went I doubt if Shefflin wouldn't have made a positive influence for at least one point.

I think it's scandalous that the GAA are forced to shoe horning matches of this importance into a Saturday in Dec!  Once again illustrates just how unimportant club games are in the grand scheme of things. 
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

The GAA played it today at the behest of the two clubs.

Why are Kilcormac/Killoughey not being mentioned lads? have yous all given up on the Offaly champions?

maxpower

I would understand entirely both clubs wanted it played! My point is hurling is a summer sport! The inter county championship is played in summer! But yet every club player has their shpwpiece finals provincial competitions played in late autumn/winter

Proper inclusive calendar needed!

Think of the bog fields you've watched se recent Munster club championship games in recent years and perhaps that explains only having one All Ireland winning club since the Clare dominance of mid 90's!

What happens next????

btdtgtt

I agree fully max power. The scheduling shows distain for club hurling.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 07:22:46 PM
They might have been weakened, but struggle isn't the right turn of phrase thffs. Surely they've strength in their subs?

Credit to Oulart.

Sorry why is not the right turn of phrase?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 09:46:49 PM

Credit to Oulart.

are they a two man team?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:28:57 PM

Credit to Oulart.

are they a two man team?
No but these players are All Stars. One of them probably the greatest hurlers that has ever been. They could make a huge differance..a point each from both of them would win them the match.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 01, 2012, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 01, 2012, 11:28:57 PM

Credit to Oulart.

are they a two man team?
No but these players are All Stars. One of them probably the greatest hurlers that has ever been. They could make a huge differance..a point each from both of them would win them the match.
Your original post stated that any team would struggle. I disagree. Like I said, it will weaken the team but a good team will overcome.

Seamroga in exile

It's the same for the footballers, time some boys got over themselves.

We seem to forget up here that Hurling was historically an Autumn/Winter sport. Time to harden up perhaps.