Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 05, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 05, 2012, 03:46:31 PM
Well the results prove that alright mr2 yes.

But look at the points tally there is a serious gap between the top 2 and the others. This is caused by consistency across the year rather thank one off potential - and that's the basis of league hurling as opposed to championship.

Galls have proved their one off ability to top level but they can't do it across the year - football's fault not blaming individuals.

On the same basis - sarsfields and others for example are not yet ready for 3pm Sundays in loughiel dunloy etc.

Tanking? oh is that the tanking we give Rossa at the start of the year? The last few games we played Loughgiel Dunloy and the rest in the league will show we were more than capable, in fact I scored the last score to earn a draw against Dunloy the last time we played them in the league!! I'd say we are a far better team now than then. Can you remember Rossa's last league appearances?
So you are saying there is a serious difference in the teams?  I thought you knew a little about hurling, on that note I'll not be taking you seriously anymore :o

To buck you're idea further, who won the Div 1 football title this year?

Taxi  for bghhtteti!!

I think u have read me wrong or you are at the wrong time of the month mr2.

I agreed with ur point that galls are up to this level - but the fact is that over a course of the year they can't maintain it (ie when football championship kicks in)

But don't take my word for it - Rossa & Glenarrife are currently 7 & 8 points ahead of st galls - that's 4 games worth of results where they have been more consistent.
Also st galls have won less than half their games in division 2 - so my point is simply on what basis should they therefore play division 1? Simple!

Now u quote galls performances in championship - but this is again just what I said. Yes galls are capable of peaking for top level games but that's what championship is. League is different it's all about consistency and if u don't accept my point the league table doesn't lie. Won less than half ur games.

I am sure it's frustrating for u not seeing galls reach their potential and as a Belfast man I share this - but that's not the concern of other teams and it doesn't look like its goin to change.

So in short if u can't accept what I am saying it is fact not opinions - phone eagle taxis yourself!

You really need to read my post as your time of the month has clearly messed with your eyes!! I have not mentioned Championship hurling at all.

Our performances while crap were usually lifted when playing our friends up the row, oops the Shaws Road and when we played Glenariff with a weakend team we hurled rightly up the glens, after holding them to a draw at our own pitch. I'm not going to argue about the league but just the games were we were played the top two as you put it, should we play them in Div 1 we won't get tanked as you called it. Now keep up

I've highlighted it for you just in case you have trouble reading
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

calm down calm down calm down there lads  ;D

first off is there not somethin passed last year about no changes bein made the year they that there passed?

and second forgettin about that what if they made it a 12 team Div 1 with no relegation for say 2 years. would that give lets say lesser teams no offence time to get to standard .......... or would it give thwm a free year?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 05, 2012, 07:09:19 PM

first off is there not somethin passed last year about no changes bein made the year they that there passed?

and second forgettin about that what if they made it a 12 team Div 1 with no relegation for say 2 years. would that give lets say lesser teams no offence time to get to standard .......... or would it give thwm a free year?

Would definitely give Ballycastle some breathing space from relegation for 2 years :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2012, 07:28:41 PM

Would definitely give Ballycastle some breathing space from relegation for 2 years :o
Sure theyd just get the league structures changed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

Again >:(

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2012, 07:57:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

Again >:(
;D

BlackandAmber

MR2 your a bettin man

I'll give you 3/1 now that the Town beat Galls the next time they meet. If youse is playin here I'll make sure the chippys is open.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 05, 2012, 08:06:46 PM
MR2 your a bettin man

I'll give you 3/1 now that the Town beat Galls the next time they meet. If youse is playin here I'll make sure the chippys is open.

Hey if I was the manager again I might take you up on that, Listen we've only (in my time) troubled Ballycastle once or twice over the years, we could never compete with the size of ya's ffs!! so your money is safe. I'd gauge it better if it were Championship, Youse are a better team in Championship than league recently so that would be a fairer bet.

As for the chippy van, we will only eat it after the game, hopefully with the winnings

BlackandAmber

so would doin away with relegation for a couple of years help teams raise there standard or would it just be used a a free year for clubs that prefer football for example?

btdtgtt

Can't do quotes / bold tricky on phone.

Read again mr2.

My original post clearly mentions galls as putting up big one off performances. U can include the top teams in div2 the Rossa derby in this fine.

I then say sarsfields and other in a separate paragraph - therefore the the others does not include galls as I have felt with them separately already.

Sure in the very first paragraph I state clearly galls results show they are match for top teams in one off.

U should get a job at stormont since u seem to like bring offended so much - I hear the money is better that that hurling development committeee!

Sleeping giant

Fair play c dall on there league victory.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

CitySlicker11

Well all this debate around teams in Div 2 etc comes to an end tomorrow with the last set of fixtures. Rossa need a win up in Ballycastle v Carey to secure promotion. I think they will hold on in a nervy performance and do it.

What is interesting is that the one year Rossa seem to have got it together and gave themselves a chance of promotion is the year that it may not matter as at all, can definitely see there being changes to the leagues this winter. Should be two up, two down. Certainly not 4, this will ruin Div 1 next year.

Jesusjones

Delighted to have won the league and restored my faith in the our team. However it is high time the standard of refereeing in our county was addressed. I won't try and defend Shane, he deserved his sending off but for Johnny Campbell to hit Brian Delargy over the head with a stick in front of the referee when the referee had the ball in his hand and only get a yellow card was nothing short of a disgrace. Garrett Duffy (umpire) called the referee in at least 4 times to point out fouls by Cushendall but saw nothing that a Loughgiel player did the entire game. Benny Mc Carry also pulled across Donal Mc Naughton when he had the ball in his hand and nothing was done. Again I'm not defending any of the slaps our players gave out and the ref gave us 1 red and several yellows. At least 1, maybe 2, Loughgiel men deserved the line and I think in the entire game they got 1 yellow. I'm disgusted with the preferential treatment Loughgiel get from refs and from the county board breaking by laws to move games for them. Man of the match young Eoghan Campbell with 5 excellent points for The Dall.

Jesusjones

I wonder would Loughgiel supply the video they took to the county board?

Sleeping giant

Am sure if the county board asked for it they would get it JJ.   As for this special treatment loughgiel get.   Would you FFS catch a grip.   Loughgiel start to win a few championships and next thing the refs give us special treatment.   Your faith was "restored" today.   Now shut up ya ejit!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.