Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 04, 2012, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 03, 2012, 05:13:46 PM
Surely not MR2! A club played a weakened side in a league game! No way! Would never happen at st galls would it?

Never, well none that I was involved in

So which is it?
- No, never
OR
- Yes, but I wasnt invovled.

In truth I suspect all teams have been guilty at some stage.
Some deliberately, and other becasue they genuinely couldnt get players our for meaningless fixtures.
Its unfortuante that this can affect league ups/downs but I'm not sure anything can be done about it - its the same in any sport's leagues.

No, never with any games I was involved in/with, played in or managed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 04, 2012, 12:38:57 PM
No L Watson.

What does evryone think of that?

I think weve had enough token nominations over the past few years!!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Megaman on October 04, 2012, 02:28:16 PM
No L Watson.

I think weve had enough token nominations over the past few years!!

+1

north aontroim gael

No L Watson.

Based on Inter County games - no way.  Antrim were brutal this year and Liam didn't do much.

If club performances were taken into account then he should get an All Star.  3-23 in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final combined would take some topping.

Don't see any Antrim All Stars for the next decade...probably more.  We need to get to a semi-final and put up a good showing for that to happen.  Seems a long way away at present and we haven't exactly been puling up trees at U21 level.

Glensman

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 04, 2012, 02:53:46 PM
No L Watson.

Based on Inter County games - no way.  Antrim were brutal this year and Liam didn't do much.

If club performances were taken into account then he should get an All Star.  3-23 in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final combined would take some topping.

Don't see any Antrim All Stars for the next decade...probably more.  We need to get to a semi-final and put up a good showing for that to happen.  Seems a long way away at present and we haven't exactly been puling up trees at U21 level.

A bit of talk elsewhere re Jamie Clarke (Armagh) getting a football nomination. Could be argued Watson did as much as him county wise?! Maybe not though.

Agree that it appears to be intercounty (anywhere the guidelines set out) but Watson's semi and final performances were pretty special.

btdtgtt

Please stop this debate!

If club performances were considered what about the lad who played so well in that mid tipp junior B game?

All-stars are on the basis of county hurling - for one thing club hurling would never be considered for such expenditure that's only for our "elite".

Only liam Watson & his merry band would generate this discussion because a player was quite simply not good enough on the county scene.

Hopefully his loughiel performances start to regain February and march levels.

Seamroga in exile

::)

I see Antrim have drawn Westmeath in the preliminary round of the Leinster championship.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Fully expect Antrim to be in leinster semi final this year :o.   There!!!!  I said it!!    Should need no more than to look at last years shambles against WM.   Nice enough draw for the new gaffer. Heads down and a decent year is there to be had.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 04, 2012, 10:22:32 PM
Fully expect Antrim to be in leinster semi final this year :o.   There!!!!  I said it!!    Should need no more than to look at last years shambles against WM.   Nice enough draw for the new gaffer. Heads down and a decent year is there to be had.

Though It's difficult to do when one of the teams are concentrating on All Ireland runs :o

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Not a bad thing from my point of view either MR2.   Tho have to get through ulster semi and final 1st

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 04, 2012, 10:31:25 PM
Not a bad thing from my point of view either MR2.   Tho have to get through ulster semi and final 1st

We'd beat the Armagh team FFS!! Ports, should they the Derry winners should be handy enough. But yes from a selfish point of view I understand

btdtgtt

Is the Leinster hurling championship openly seeded - or just fixed?

Weaker counties always play off in early rounds - and Kilkenny & Galway kept apart.
Same every year.

Sleeping giant

Antrim draw Westmeath then winners play Laois! Winners of Antrim/Westmeath/ Laois play Carlow or London

theskull1

Did anyone know anything about that focus group chaired by Nelson?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Saffrongael

Quote from: theskull1 on October 04, 2012, 11:10:29 PM
Did anyone know anything about that focus group chaired by Nelson?

Sounds like another talking shop, with the associated travelling expenses.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come