Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Folks the players have sorted it themselves and there was nothing in this story.

We should do the same.

Roll on Sats game. Hopefully it's a good one as I'm for heading over to it.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2012, 09:08:57 PM
Folks the players have sorted it themselves and there was nothing in this story.

We should do the same.

As far as I know we'll have a full contingent to pick from. I'd think it'll be something similar to last years game. So, batten down the hatches!  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 02, 2012, 02:59:35 PM
Just checked county website - so thats a league decider Loughiel Vs Cushendall on Saturday?
Gotta fancy the Shamrocks given the fact that their season is still going - perhaps the Dall might be seeking to make up any bad blood?
With all our attention on the county final it hasnt really been noticed.

Are Ballygalget relegated JC?

HS- do you expect your lads to complete a procession Vs Carey Faughs or is there life in this game?

well not yet officially.

We're up in ballycastle this weekend and need a win which is hard to see.

According to a cran man i was talking to on Saturday st johns didn't want to play them last weekend even  though the crans were desperate for a game before the championship and he's alleging that the johnnies even managed to get our game vrs portaferry as they believed the ports would have put out a reserve team and that would have been an unfair advantage to us. I'd be disgusted in the antrim ccc if the latter part was true.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 02, 2012, 09:34:14 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2012, 09:08:57 PM

We should do the same.

As far as I know we'll have a full contingent to pick from. I'd think it'll be something similar to last years game. So, batten down the hatches!  ;)
Excellent!! Lol
That's what hurlings all about!! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I think it's safe to make a prediction that a sharper match fit loughiel will beat a stale dall - which will lead to the red card being produced in the closing stages as some bad blood boils!

Interesting point Johnny cool and I know the johnnies have been no strangers to pulling strings behind the scenes with the county.

the waffler

as far as im aware te antrim conty board call off ports v galgets as if ports played  week side would nt be fair on other teams

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the waffler on October 03, 2012, 02:17:28 PM
as far as im aware te antrim conty board call off ports v galgets as if ports played  week side would nt be fair on other teams

Who played weaker teams last week in the All county leagues?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Surely not MR2! A club played a weakened side in a league game! No way! Would never happen at st galls would it?

BlackandAmber

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=178555

All Star hurling nominees revealed

Goalkeepers: Anthony Nash (Cork), Nickie Quaid (Limerick), James Skehill (Galway).

Full Backs: Paul Murphy (Kilkenny), JJ Delaney (Kilkenny), Johnny Coen (Galway), Fergal Moore (Galway), Jackie Tyrell (Kilkenny), Richie McCarthy (Limerick), Michael Cahill (Tipperary), Kevin Hynes (Galway), Shane O'Neill (Cork).

Half backs: Brian Hogan (Kilkenny), Brendan Bugler (Clare), Padraic Maher (Tipperary), David Collins (Galway), Michael Walsh (Waterford), Tony Óg Regan (Galway), Tommy Walsh (Kilkenny), Niall Donoghue (Galway), Kieran Joyce (Kilkenny).

Midfielders: Andy Smith (Galway), Kevin Moran (Waterford), Stephen Molumphy (Waterford), Pa Cronin (Cork), Iarla Tannian (Galway), Michael Fennelly (Kilkenny).

Half Forwards: Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny), Cyril Donnellan (Galway), Niall Burke (Galway), Patrick Bonnar Maher (Tipperary), TJ Reid (Kilkenny), Pa Burke (Tipperary), Damien Hayes (Galway), Danny Sutcliffe (Dublin), Richie Power (Kilkenny).

Full forwards: Eoin Larkin (Kilkenny), Joe Canning (Galway), Noel McGrath (Tipperary), Patrick Horgan (Cork), John Mullane (Waterford), Brian O'Meara (Tipperary), Richie Hogan (Kilkenny), John Conlon (Clare), David Burke (Galway).

The final team of 15 players will be announced live on RTÉ television on Friday October 26.

Nominations for Hurler of the Year: Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny); Paul Murphy (Kilkenny); Joe Canning (Galway)

Nominations for Young Hurler of the Year: Johnny Coen (Galway); Niall Burke (Galway); Danny Sutcliffe (Dublin)

BlackandAmber

No L Watson.

What does evryone think of that?

btdtgtt

Liam who?

I see the paper mentions the new manager trying to convince hippy donnelly to come back?
I would have thought he would be back without any problems given a new set-up is in place?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 03, 2012, 05:13:46 PM
Surely not MR2! A club played a weakened side in a league game! No way! Would never happen at st galls would it?

Never, well none that I was involved in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 04, 2012, 12:38:57 PM
No L Watson.

they base the nominations on county hurling, not the club games. he didnt warrent a mention at county level this year.
hurl like f**k boi!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 04, 2012, 01:13:34 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on October 04, 2012, 12:38:57 PM
No L Watson.

they base the nominations on county hurling, not the club games. he didnt warrent a mention at county level this year.

I thought that but was'nt sure. Is that the rule for there was talk about him gettin nomanated after the all ireland club s/f and f?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 03, 2012, 05:13:46 PM

Never, well none that I was involved in

So which is it?
- No, never
OR
- Yes, but I wasnt invovled.

In truth I suspect all teams have been guilty at some stage.
Some deliberately, and other becasue they genuinely couldnt get players our for meaningless fixtures.
Its unfortuante that this can affect league ups/downs but I'm not sure anything can be done about it - its the same in any sport's leagues.