Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on September 26, 2012, 12:06:03 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 26, 2012, 11:57:45 AM
I agree the Dunloy price is generous but that's irrelevant if the Shamrock win as expected by most.
Maybe the handicap betting will be more interesting.
MR2?

The Dunloy ones will be glad to hear your prediction btdtgtt   ;)

Yes! And the bookies glad of my money as usual!
I've got to call one right some day!

Antrim Gael

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2012, 12:08:58 PM
Loughgiel 4/11  Dunloy 9/4 with P.P - think the price for Dunloy is huge.

That price is not huge at all. LG are the All Ireland champions and have to be priced at that. Just over 2/1 is not big for a Dunloy team who many thought were away to fcuk last year.
I wouldn't touch it. Reckon LG will eat and shite themselves
- you should remember 2004 better than most!

You Mc Cooey's have not idea what it at stake when it comes to Loughgiel V Dunloy.  Things quiet at the minute but their will be fireworks! Not going to say much more until after the final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

That price is not huge at all. LG are the All Ireland champions and have to be priced at that. Just over 2/1 is not big for a Dunloy team who many thought were away to fcuk last year.
I wouldn't touch it. Reckon LG will eat and shite them.

theres nothing this year between the teams to even suggest that. the league form counts for zero. championship hurling is ten paces above that. lgiel beat what was in front of them in their games, as did we so both teams are there on merit in the final.

will be nothing between the two. im obvioulsy hoping we win and come out on a 2 point win here but this game will swing either way on sat night. luck, desire and commitment along with ability will win this. both have it in abundance. i predict a cracker!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

And so it starts!
This is the beauty of it lads - all our opinions and come Saturday night we'll know for sure!

I agree with Dunloy realist on this - think it'll be a cracker!

Bring it on.

CitySlicker11

I'm enjoying the hurling debate at the moment in regards to the county final on Saturday. However, just to go back very quickly. At underage it seems there are plenty of tournaments run in SA. The board can not hold a gun to clubs heads and make them, at the end of the day, all this movement taking place from SA teams to NA leagues is, yes, for better and more competitive games but this is only down to the clubs and not the respective divisional boards.

Would like to see a Dunloy win on Saturday, despite not being a big fan of their whistle blowing outfield player.

theskull1

The thing that youse fail to understand CS11 is that "the north antrim board" are just the body trusted to get the fixtures in place and inform all clubs competing in them when they are, but behind that there are people in every club conversing with each other and taking on their responsibility in delivering for the good of the game and their club. We don't expect "the board" to do everything. Clubs take on a large share of the orginisational burden especially at the younger agegroups as it would be completely unworkable to expect somebody on a board to look after it. The will has to be there across all clubs to do their bit and for each club to be equally as interested in the strengthening of the game across as many clubs as possible to ensure a good standard develops.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 26, 2012, 03:34:34 PM
The thing that youse fail to understand CS11 is that "the north antrim board" are just the body trusted to get the fixtures in place and inform all clubs competing in them when they are, but behind that there are people in every club conversing with each other and taking on their responsibility in delivering for the good of the game and their club. We don't expect "the board" to do everything. Clubs take on a large share of the orginisational burden especially at the younger agegroups as it would be completely unworkable to expect somebody on a board to look after it. The will has to be there across all clubs to do their bit and for each club to be equally as interested in the strengthening of the game across as many clubs as possible to ensure a good standard develops.

But are CM and MJ not doing the same for the big 2 in Belfast Skull - oh yeah that's right they aren't.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Antrim Gael on September 26, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

You Mc Cooey's have not idea what it at stake when it comes to Loughgiel V Dunloy.  Things quiet at the minute but their will be fireworks! Not going to say much more until after the final.
I'd say there will be plenty of slabbers lining up after the game to put there digs in, if dunloy do happen to cause an upset,  it's like this.  Loughgiel no what's infront of them. Last march is history.    Counts for nothing on Saturday.    May the best team win!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 26, 2012, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: Antrim Gael on September 26, 2012, 01:11:12 PM

I'd say there will be plenty of slabbers lining up after the game to put there digs in, if dunloy do happen to cause an upset,  it's like this.  Loughgiel no what's infront of them. Last march is history.    Counts for nothing on Saturday.    May the best team win!!

Well SG there shouldnt be too many slabbering on here as no one bar the Dunloy men are giving themselves a shot. So you should be safe on here if nothing else if the worst does happen!

CitySlicker11

NAG1, What is behind your dig at those two hurling men? I assume it's in relation to them looking after their own clubs solely? Not a crime and if every club done so, then the whole county would be in a lot better state. Just a wee bit of curiosity, wouldn't be sure off the top of my head. But i'll do out a list of clubs I feel put in sufficient work at underage level.

SA - Rossa, St Johns, GNM, Sars, Galls, LD, Pauls now starting. Anyone i've missed out?

NA- B'castle, Dunloy, L'giel, C'dall, Glenshesk and C'mills?

Those simple lists show that it is pretty even. It could even be argued that the NA underage leagues are only as successful as they are due to the outside teams that are taking place in them. Stop being so elitest and realise that this county will go NOWHERE without a strong city hurling representation.

I left out Endas as people would only argue which group to place them in, but some great work being carried out over there, and also being continued in certain schools. Malachys making big strides in the hurling, Last Man?

Sleeping giant

What about you as dall man nag?   How's it going to go.  How can dunloy beat us and how can loughgiel insure they don't get beat

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 26, 2012, 04:07:30 PM
What about you as dall man nag?   How's it going to go.  How can dunloy beat us and how can loughgiel insure they don't get beat

You want me to give that sort of information away for free  ;)

Think it will be a close one, the lights and the wet ball will see to that I would say.

Think its simple enough no magic or great secret to it. If Dunloy work hard enough, close down BMcA, Skinner, Eddie & LW cut the supply of ball going in would go a long way to limiting your scoring power. Easier said that done mind you. Especially on casement.

LG need to turn up as All Ireland champs and show everyone how good they are and if they do they wont be beat.

Sleeping giant

It's a pity if the weather plays part in it.   Would nearly rather the final was put back to week after AI.  But what can you do. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 26, 2012, 06:21:10 PM
It's a pity if the weather plays part in it.   Would nearly rather the final was put back to week after AI.  But what can you do.

Weather won't play a part surely, are you saying Loughgiel are a fair weather team? Sure they won in Parnell in Feb.

Besides, the weather is to be sunny in Belfast

Loughgiels to lose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Not saying that at all MR2!    Old pissy night wouldnt be much Craic is all am saying