Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

I hope that one day we can have a strong well organised SA divisional board and that both can pay their part

You obviously have no clue gizzy what happens in NA to say that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

I know what u mean, north Antrim is served by NA board, but the county as a whole is not being served by having the three boards running separate ideas and agendas I mean. We don't have a massive county in terms of distance bar the extrems.

I think to develop the county as a whole u can't have 3 separate agendas running underage systems. It's too late when the kids get to 17/18. There needs to be a focus and everyone pulling in the 1 direction.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 25, 2012, 10:51:01 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 25, 2012, 10:40:09 PM
See some mad man has shamrock flag flying in dunlathi  ;D
>:( burn this evil rag. Must gather a mob!! Lol
There's always one nutter   :D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

couldnt see it this morning heading to work. must admit if they did it would be quite funny! :)
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 25, 2012, 11:26:04 PM
I know what u mean, north Antrim is served by NA board, but the county as a whole is not being served by having the three boards running separate ideas and agendas I mean. We don't have a massive county in terms of distance bar the extrems.

I think to develop the county as a whole u can't have 3 separate agendas running underage systems. It's too late when the kids get to 17/18. There needs to be a focus and everyone pulling in the 1 direction.

3 separate agendas is better than no agenda though. South west and north antrim have a big overlap so different board but would work with each other so not entirely 3 separate agendas. The divisional board in north antrim clearly works and the south antrim one clearly doesn't from the outside looking in so it's not like they have separate agendas - one functions much better than the other so teams are breaking away to get into it.

While some might find the flag funny I'm not sure everyone would!!

Antrim Gael

Loughgiel 4/11  Dunloy 9/4 with P.P - think the price for Dunloy is huge.

Fun Facts...

The last time the sides faced each other Dunloy defeated Loughgiel by 2 points and Loughgiel were only minus M Scullion. 

Loughgiel only scored 1-9 (their lowest scoring total this season) and appeared to be rattled by Dunloy.

It is also worth noting G Duffy was on the whistle that day. 

Dunloy are the only side to have defeated Loughgiel this season (bar Ballycran's victory after E.T in the Ulster League Final against an under-strengthed Loughgiel side).

Dunloy will go in to the game with a "nothing to lose" mentality, they were not expected to reach the final (outside of Dunloy) never mind winning it.

All the pressure will be on Loughgiel for obvious reasons (PS. I don't think they have ever won three consecutive antrim senior titles).

NAG1

Quote from: Antrim Gael on September 26, 2012, 09:45:51 AM

Fun Facts...

The last time the sides faced each other Dunloy defeated Loughgiel by 2 points and Loughgiel were only minus M Scullion. 

Loughgiel only scored 1-9 (their lowest scoring total this season) and appeared to be rattled by Dunloy.

Dunloy are the only side to have defeated Loughgiel this season (bar Ballycran's victory after E.T in the Ulster League Final against an under-strengthed Loughgiel side).

Dunloy will go in to the game with a "nothing to lose" mentality, they were not expected to reach the final (outside of Dunloy) never mind winning it.

All the pressure will be on Loughgiel for obvious reasons (PS. I don't think they have ever won three consecutive antrim senior titles).

Was Watson not missing that day too?

riddle_me_this

Fun Facts...

Loughgiel won 3 in a row in 66, 67 and 68. Lost it in 69 and won again in 70 and 71.
I think the P.P price is a little off the mark too. To me its a 50/50 game and as you quite rightly say Dunloy have nothing to lose.  Should be an interesting one. 
I take what you are saying about the league game but as far as im aware C'dall beat Dunloy by 10-12 points in both league games this year so i wouldnt take too much stock of that..

Point or two either way i think.

north_antrim_hound

Fun Facts...

ssssssssshhhhhhhh
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Antrim Gael

Quote from: riddle_me_this on September 26, 2012, 10:03:20 AM

Fun Facts...

Loughgiel won 3 in a row in 66, 67 and 68. Lost it in 69 and won again in 70 and 71.
I think the P.P price is a little off the mark too. To me its a 50/50 game and as you quite rightly say Dunloy have nothing to lose.  Should be an interesting one. 
I take what you are saying about the league game but as far as im aware C'dall beat Dunloy by 10-12 points in both league games this year so i wouldnt take too much stock of that..

Point or two either way i think.

Apologies it was 4 in a row they have never achieved (as Dunloy did from 2000-2003).

Watson has gone missing for a few games now!  :)

north aontroim gael

PP prices are a good bit out.  No way are Dunloy 9/4 shots.

Would have Loughgiel as favourites but not by that much.

If Loughgiel can stop Dunloy bagging a few goals I fancy us to win with a few points to spare.  I think we have a better all round scoring threat and unless their FF line bags a few I think we should be OK.

That said its a derby, Dunloy are no doubt a very hungry team and Loughgiel undoubetdly under more pressure to deliver.  If we don't match Dubloys hunger in the middle third we could be in bother.  Hopefully our stronger bench (in my opinion) can get us over the line.

Loughgiel by 4 points.

Antrim Gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 26, 2012, 06:10:48 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 25, 2012, 10:51:01 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 25, 2012, 10:40:09 PM
See some mad man has shamrock flag flying in dunlathi  ;D
>:( burn this evil rag. Must gather a mob!! Lol
There's always one nutter   :D

Could be someone you know very well SIE!   ;D

btdtgtt

I agree the Dunloy price is generous but that's irrelevant if the Shamrock win as expected by most.
Maybe the handicap betting will be more interesting.
MR2?

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 26, 2012, 11:57:45 AM
I agree the Dunloy price is generous but that's irrelevant if the Shamrock win as expected by most.
Maybe the handicap betting will be more interesting.
MR2?

The Dunloy ones will be glad to hear your prediction btdtgtt   ;)

Sleeping giant

Loughgiel have been expected to win finals before as you no HS.   Its if we go about our job the right way with right frame of mind.    But I do hope your right.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.