Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 24, 2012, 07:50:21 PM
Garett Duffy ref on sat
I just heard that myself SG, beat me to it!!!! :D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

aontroim

Quote from: theskull1 on September 24, 2012, 06:18:01 PM
Quote from: aontroim on September 24, 2012, 05:49:08 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 04:44:30 PM
True Rory mc quillan was their oldest player last man but what I mean is a north Antrim venue will effect the endas young boys and possibly lift the dun.
Altho as I say that is as close to glengormley as glens of Antrim!

St. Enda's will have played at Ahoghill countless more times in recent years than Cushendun in the South West  ;) Leagues

btdtgtt are you aware that St Endas are a North Antrim Club?  ::)

Last Man can clear this up no doubt, but i though they re-affiliated with the SW divisional board and, like a number of SW clubs, play hurling in the N. Antrim competitions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2012, 07:51:24 PM
Garett Duffy ref on sat
Lol.   You maybe standing beside me when I heard.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Last Man

Quote from: aontroim on September 24, 2012, 09:10:43 PM
True Rory mc quillan was their oldest player last man but what I mean is a north Antrim venue will effect the endas young boys and possibly lift the dun.

St. Enda's will have played at Ahoghill countless more times in recent years than Cushendun in the South West  ;) Leagues

Last Man can clear this up no doubt, but i though they re-affiliated with the SW divisional board and, like a number of SW clubs, play hurling in the N. Antrim competitions.
In hurling we are N.Antrim lads. All those years ago now when we had nowhere else to go we were taken in by like minded people in the N.Antrim board and we are thankful for that. On seeing the dividends reaped by the hurlers the football fraternity in club spurred on by  all sorts of interested parties ::) set about stopping the "rot" and quickly aligned the football side of the club with SW.
So on this board we are N.Antrim

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 06:33:58 PM
I suppose I should say rural venue for aghohill but the fact I was getting at is that it's obviously switched out of Belfast for the replay.

But st endas certainly are not a north antrim team! Speak to anyone in the club they are passionate glengormley men. Playing in the north Antrim leagues means little more than our county failing to put proper structures in place. And they are not the only Belfast teams playing in "north Antrim" leagues.

Get it right up ye!!!!  8) :D

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel will be happy with Garrets appointment I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Genuinely dont see that as an advantage to either side MR2, just curious as to why you would think that?

Megaman

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 24, 2012, 10:39:24 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2012, 07:51:24 PM
Garett Duffy ref on sat
Lol.   You maybe standing beside me when we decided that..

fixed that for you SG lol

btdtgtt

Quote from: Last Man on September 25, 2012, 07:17:41 AM

In hurling we are N.Antrim lads. All those years ago now when we had nowhere else to go we were taken in by like minded people in the N.Antrim board and we are thankful for that. On seeing the dividends reaped by the hurlers the football fraternity in club spurred on by  all sorts of interested parties ::) set about stopping the "rot" and quickly aligned the football side of the club with SW.

I don't care what divisional board St Endas are aligned with - its simple geography that Glengormley is in south antrim and look at a map you'll see its in Belfast.
Using your line of thought the three Ards clubs are suddenly to inform the ordnance survey and croke park that they are now antrim clubs.

Altho your futile point does highlight the inadequacies of the county board to administer a genuine leage structure.
Also North Antrim certainly didnt treat the clubs who joined their leagues very well - they made them play all games away from home. O rather than claim a team - the glensmen were the ones to differentiate!

I could be pedantic and claim the nobody want the Endas last man - but since you'se are from Belfast I will lend my support!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 25, 2012, 10:24:24 AM
Quote from: Last Man on September 25, 2012, 07:17:41 AM

I don't care what divisional board St Endas are aligned with - its simple geography that Glengormley is in south antrim and look at a map you'll see its in Belfast.
Using your line of thought the three Ards clubs are suddenly to inform the ordnance survey and croke park that they are now antrim clubs.

Altho your futile point does highlight the inadequacies of the county board to administer a genuine leage structure.
Also North Antrim certainly didnt treat the clubs who joined their leagues very well - they made them play all games away from home. O rather than claim a team - the glensmen were the ones to differentiate!

I could be pedantic and claim the nobody want the Endas last man - but since you'se are from Belfast I will lend my support!

I think that was a small price to pay for these teams to get into a well structured well run set up. Also it was only for a period of time to allow the teams/ s to bed in.

Antrim Coaster

[Last Man, did St Enda's not have a 'falling out' with South Antrim which later resulted in them applying to join the South West Antrim board for underage football purposes followed by an application to join North Antrim a year or two later for hurling purposes?

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 25, 2012, 10:24:24 AM

So your logic is that St Endas are a SA team based on geographical location but Ahoghill (who are a SW Antrim team going by your same logic) are a North Antrim team.  ::)

And if we're going with the whole geographical argument then StEndas have the advantage in terms of handiness to the pitch which makes you point ....well pointless  :)

FYI Rossa played their NA league games home and away this year and will do the same in the years to come. St Galls will eventually do the same (actually I know our club travelled to milltown out of courtesy to play U12's this year in the league). I don't think you'd hear anybody in those clubs stating that NA have treated them unfairly. Both clubs are well respected in North Antrim.

Whilst you vaguely blame the county board for not running all county leagues, North Antrim are getting on with it. Why dont you play a part in administrating in SA and help improve the juvenile structures up there rather than snipe about those in a different geographical location to yourself who are trying to get something done. Reality is that regional league at Juvenile level is not a bad thing. NA just exposes SA's poor efforts at orginising and running the game collectively.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on September 25, 2012, 10:43:09 AM
[Last Man, did St Enda's not have a 'falling out' with South Antrim which later resulted in them applying to join the South West Antrim board for underage football purposes followed by an application to join North Antrim a year or two later for hurling purposes?
The hurlers jumped first and were villified by certain factions in SA, in fact we are still under a cloud because of it. Our footballers like us in search of quality regular competitive games applied to SW and they took the "orphans" in.  But sure we are rakin over old ground.

BTW btdtgtt I'll take your support, I know i still have fiends in Rossa