Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2012, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 23, 2012, 10:47:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 10:32:40 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 23, 2012, 04:19:10 PM
Played the reserves and minors in this game. Gave a few fellas a run out. Ballycastle were more or less full strength and completely dominated from start to finish.
how did yous find the Bellaghy pitch dr?
Never been on it other than to watch football. Why?
How did use find it on fri night.
we weren't training on it on Friday night. Hopefully some evening This week if we're not under 5 feet of water. I was just curious. Dr.
That rains crap at th min, I hope it stays away as it will ruin everyone's preparations for the game
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2012, 11:32:35 AM
Played the reserves and minors in this game. Gave a few fellas a run out. Ballycastle were more or less full strength and completely dominated from start to finish.
we weren't training on it on Friday night. Hopefully some evening This week if we're not under 5 feet of water. I was just curious. Dr.
That rains crap at th min, I hope it stays away as it will ruin everyone's preparations for the game

Well it's here for a few days and there are flood warnings also. Preparations were available yesterday but both teams never bothered. The games against Ballycastle and Cushendall would have at least given the players a better prep than what they are getting now. But sure managers know best  :o

Training in that will probably end up with a few colds and ills before the match. Our lads went full pelt at a sevens competition, great prep for the final and they played their best players also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2012, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2012, 11:32:35 AM

Well it's here for a few days and there are flood warnings also. Preparations were available yesterday but both teams never bothered. The games against Ballycastle and Cushendall would have at least given the players a better prep than what they are getting now. But sure managers know best  :o

Training in that will probably end up with a few colds and ills before the match. Our lads went full pelt at a sevens competition, great prep for the final and they played their best players also

Apples and Oranges MR2

If one of the teams yesterday went flat out and picked up one or a couple of niggly injuries, there would be no hiding place for the manager. Very little will swing this game so can see why the managers will go on the side of caution.

ManInBlackandGreen

Jesus lads for such big hurling aficionados all over this site, where were you all Friday and Saturday? 3 games Minor, Junior and Intermediate, looking forward to reading opinions etc etc, sad sad situation, and before you get in btdtgtt you probably had to go to Lidl shopping I know I know ;D One positive though, nobody hammering the Refs!!!!

NAG1

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 24, 2012, 01:53:15 PM
Jesus lads for such big hurling aficionados all over this site, where were you all Friday and Saturday? 3 games Minor, Junior and Intermediate, looking forward to reading opinions etc etc, sad sad situation, and before you get in btdtgtt you probably had to go to Lidl shopping I know I know ;D One positive though, nobody hammering the Refs!!!!

Give you 5mins and I'm sure you will change that

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: NAG1 on September 24, 2012, 02:11:22 PM

Give you 5mins and I'm sure you will change that

Only when its truly justified, and I do speak from lots and lots of experience NAG1, hows the camogie going?

Last Man

We had no complaints, very lucky to get another bite at it tbh. No ref issues whatsoever in our game but the St.Pauls lads might say different about theirs.
That's the way it goes, from the peak of elation to the depths of despair!! Why do we put ourselves through it??

btdtgtt

Now now mandandball I must defend myself!

I was indeed in casement on Saturday but ventured under the stand after the St. Paul's game so was in no state to post! After that the Rossa game was more relevant.

For what little it is worth I thought that the glengormley men were is some ways a better side despite the fact that they nicked the draw from a couple down at the end (Altho could have stole it)
Endas have a brave few young boys so I think aghohill wil suit cushendun for the replay win.

St. Paul's got off to a great start but credit cloughmills never stopped and just gradually pegged them back. In fairness cloughmills were the better side.

Next fixture is the big one on Saturday in casement and I might even watch the bog ball on Friday if permitted by lidl!!!

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 02:42:11 PM
Now now mandandball I must defend myself!

I was indeed in casement on Saturday but ventured under the stand after the St. Paul's game so was in no state to post! After that the Rossa game was more relevant.

For what little it is worth I thought that the glengormley men were is some ways a better side despite the fact that they nicked the draw from a couple down at the end (Altho could have stole it)
Endas have a brave few young boys so I think aghohill wil suit cushendun for the replay win.

St. Paul's got off to a great start but credit cloughmills never stopped and just gradually pegged them back. In fairness cloughmills were the better side.

Next fixture is the big one on Saturday in casement and I might even watch the bog ball on Friday if permitted by lidl!!!

Emmetts have more young boys than us btdtgtt so I hope the opposite is true.

CitySlicker11

Well, what a result for Rossa yesterday, but in no way is the job done yet. They still have a huge game to play. Are St Johns already safe in Div 1 or not?

Would be great to have this derby next year as a Div 1 fixture.

On yesterdays game, it really was a complete performance from Rossa, despite the very early set back of the goal they conceded. Well done to all involved.

btdtgtt

True Rory mc quillan was their oldest player last man but what I mean is a north Antrim venue will effect the endas young boys and possibly lift the dun.
Altho as I say that is as close to glengormley as glens of Antrim!

aontroim

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 04:44:30 PM
True Rory mc quillan was their oldest player last man but what I mean is a north Antrim venue will effect the endas young boys and possibly lift the dun.

St. Enda's will have played at Ahoghill countless more times in recent years than Cushendun in the South West  ;) Leagues

theskull1

Quote from: aontroim on September 24, 2012, 05:49:08 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

St. Enda's will have played at Ahoghill countless more times in recent years than Cushendun in the South West  ;) Leagues

btdtgtt are you aware that St Endas are a North Antrim Club?  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

I suppose I should say rural venue for aghohill but the fact I was getting at is that it's obviously switched out of Belfast for the replay.

But st endas certainly are not a north antrim team! Speak to anyone in the club they are passionate glengormley men. Playing in the north Antrim leagues means little more than our county failing to put proper structures in place. And they are not the only Belfast teams playing in "north Antrim" leagues.

Sleeping giant

Garett Duffy ref on sat
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.