Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 19, 2012, 07:25:07 PM
Lads, I was just looking at that eBay page again, it appears somebody bought the tickets. Some poor sod is going to turn up to Crocker and be told he forked out £460 for nothing. Serves him right if you ask me.   :)

Could have been someone masquerading as buying them and not actually paying, which would be a good way of f**king the seller over.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on September 19, 2012, 07:35:32 PM
Lads, I was just looking at that eBay page again, it appears somebody bought the tickets. Some poor sod is going to turn up to Crocker and be told he forked out £460 for nothing. Serves him right if you ask me.   :)

Could have been someone masquerading as buying them and not actually paying, which would be a good way of f**king the seller over.
Hopefully that's the case.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Is that not the way ebay normally works anyway :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Talking to a local friendly hurl maker there - Sunday's div2 game bubbling up!

Rossa asked for an earlier throw in for the all Ireland but Glenarrife refused! Understand both teams position.

Both teams probably different from last week - obviously for the oisins anyway! Gettons McKillop McDonnell will ask different questions if Rossa as slack as they can be.

Kettle definitely out and Hamill receiving injections to play? Did they line out last week?

HS can the football final be watched at Rossa or will we rely on nipping into st Paul's?

Minder

Hamill played last week and Kettle didn't.

btdtgtt

Thanks HS.
Kettle is a major loss was outstanding player v loughiel. Hamill didn't play that day - clearly playing thru injury.
What's your thinking on this game minder? I would expect the oisins pumped up like its championship. Probably deserve promotion over course of the year?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on September 19, 2012, 08:15:44 PM

Is that not the way ebay normally works anyway :o
I've had a Nigerian chap offer me 700 quid for a phone worth about 150. Unfortunately he was having issues with Paypal but wanted me to send it on ahead anyway  ;)

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 19, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Thanks HS.
Kettle is a major loss was outstanding player v loughiel. Hamill didn't play that day - clearly playing thru injury.
What's your thinking on this game minder? I would expect the oisins pumped up like its championship. Probably deserve promotion over course of the year?

I think home advantage is an obvious advantage for Rossa, would love to have seen us play each other earlier in the season when both teams were training hard and going full pelt. It's hard to know what kind of game you will get at this stage of the year with teams not training as hard. If we don't go up it isn't the end of the world, as I said earlier this season Div2 isn't the worst place for us.

saffron89

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2012, 09:11:38 PM
Btw, btdtgtt........

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 23, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
If Rossa players are at a music concert instead of a promotion bid then Glenarrufe deserve to go up. Sickens me as a city man.

With a number of Glenariffe men heading on a stag do instead of playing against Rossa, who deserves to go up?

;)

again the team with the most points

saffron89

still think the gaa has to improve the allocation of tickets.

they have painstakingly moved a little closer in the past years with the introduction of league tickets for the campaign and more recently the packages for the quaterfinals and semi finals, which at 25% offf were excellent value.

now they need to take the next step of apporition tickets to those fans that attent throughout the year, ie those who have bought for other fixtures and venues for the less glamourous tie should get a better shot at tickets for the final.

they are expensive tickets for average enough seats.

will head the morning of the game and no doubt pick up something from genuine supporters.  as long as u aren't worried about the minor game the prices from the touts will also start falling

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2012, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 19, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Thanks HS.
Whoever finishes with the most points at the end of the season deserves promotion.

True - fair point.

chocoholic

The seller of the said tickets has obviously shat himself. He has now changed his username to something different to what it was.  You can tell by the new icon beside his name. A new ebay logo appears for a new username so clearly not innocent or for a club fundraiser as may have been an option.

Fair play to the county board for cancelling but I suppose, they will always be at it. The smart ones will now just not put their tickets on for view (or the important parts more likely).

Have to laugh at this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-All-Ireland-Football-Final-2012-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/120986823129?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1c2b6069d9#ht_500wt_1156

It seems all the bidders have zero feedback so here's hoping they are phantom bidders!!

saffron89

btgdtt i will see u there on Sunday should be a hum dinger.

Referee will have his hands full.  though if all is to be believed the oisins will welcome back about 8 first team regulars.  they have to be slight favourites.

rumours abound that Joe Edwards doing his best to change the leagues a little, especially if the rossa lose on Sunday.  i am sure there are some oisins wanting to watch the football, just unsure if its liverpool v man u or the mayo game

Lecale2

Is there not a season ticket available?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2012, 09:11:38 PM
Btw, btdtgtt........

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 23, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
If Rossa players are at a music concert instead of a promotion bid then Glenarrufe deserve to go up. Sickens me as a city man.

With a number of Glenariffe men heading on a stag do instead of playing against Rossa, who deserves to go up?

;)
Obviously confident of tanking them in the city ;)