Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 22, 2012, 09:12:52 PM
Fair play to Rossa for getting it down to these two games, wouldn't have thought they would still be in the shake up after their disastrous start. Although they have yet to play Glenariffe they would have normally slipped up throughout the season against the so called weaker teams. Seems they pulled out a few results when down a few players that in the past they would have thrown in the towel.

Sarsfields and Carey sounded like a good game, with Sars getting the last second goal to win, good to see them getting back to winning ways. What has happened to St Galls, I personally just don't think they have enough hurlers in their club, not talking quality as they have some of the best in the county, but when they are light on numbers they seem to do terribly bad.

Hopefully with the football over Lamh Dhearg can focus on the hurling, if they get a few weeks training done they could trouble St Johns in the SHC.

Bad loss for Gort na Mona away to Glenariffe, would have been expected but Gort have done well to turn around their season, and again were missing a few regulars tonight.

Minor semi finals on Friday night in casement, great advertisement for Belfast hurling, if these teams can keep together and move on to senior then it will be a great boost for city hurling. St Johns clear favourites but teams will be aiming to close the gap, and Rossa will be looking to get their young team ready for minor next year.

Aye we won't trouble Cushendall this year, or any other year. There is a stick burning session going on at the club at mo
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

It was a stupid point we dropped at home to Lamh Dhearg at the start of the season, would be home and hosed now if we had beaten them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 17, 2012, 10:17:58 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
That's a woeful list of excuses JJ. Cushendall have perennially be poor respectors of the league especially around July and August. Poor quality comes from that mindset. I've seen some very good hurling this past few weeks. You do the reputation of the league very real harm when teams step onto the pitch to go through the motions and then somehow blame 'the league' for the poor quality game
Cushendall were unbeaten up until last night and nearly won it last year(beaten in last match) so they must have been taking it serious enough??

Which is grand but that excuse is a bit unfair, teams from div 2 would love to be in that league and fight tooth and nail to get in......

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2012, 08:50:02 PM
Lamh Dhearg 1-22
Naomh Gall 0-02

What in undern fcuk?

We won 2-15 to 0-09 but weren't great by all accounts. Btdtgtt?
???????????????? MR2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 22, 2012, 09:30:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 10:20:26 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 17, 2012, 10:17:58 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
That's a woeful list of excuses JJ. Cushendall have perennially be poor respectors of the league especially around July and August. Poor quality comes from that mindset. I've seen some very good hurling this past few weeks. You do the reputation of the league very real harm when teams step onto the pitch to go through the motions and then somehow blame 'the league' for the poor quality game
Cushendall were unbeaten up until last night and nearly won it last year(beaten in last match) so they must have been taking it serious enough??

Which is grand but that excuse is a bit unfair, teams from div 2 would love to be in that league and fight tooth and nail to get in......

Quote from: hardstation on August 22, 2012, 08:50:02 PM
Lamh Dhearg 1-22
Naomh Gall 0-02

What in undern fcuk?

We won 2-15 to 0-09 but weren't great by all accounts. Btdtgtt?
???????????????? MR2

No stewart, Mackers, Aidso, McGourty's, none of the better minors, I could go on, New management team in place have everything sorted for the Dall :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winker3716

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2012, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 22, 2012, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2012, 02:35:29 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 22, 2012, 12:52:44 PM
In my humble opinion, bring back Dinnie C. Alternatively, approach Justin McCarthy, Donal O'Grady.  Keep it outside the county.  Coaching is one thing, managing is a completely different can of worms, also together.  This county needs to be managed from the top down, at admin and team levels.  We can play hurling in Antrim, what we need to do is apply it in the right form and have strategy and tactics managed.

Johnston can coach, there is no doubt, but as for respect of the players and managerial ability, well, lets not go there!  :o

Outside the county? If Brian Cody came up to take team you would still get the players pissing about, on the lash and not really putting in the effort. One of the last managers to win a title of sorts with the county was a Sarsfield's man, whether people liked him our not he's won a National Title. I'm not saying bring him back, just saying that we should look at our own first.

Players need to buy into a managers game plan, if they don't, then they have failed before a ball is pucked in the League. Too many up their own holes
Sure yer man Guinness could hardly string a sentence together, never mind a team MR2, are you serious man?

I have always been of the sound opinion we need to go outside this county, someone with no vested interest inter club rivalry-baggage and all that that brings.  And by the way, keep Sambo wel out of the way as an added caveat! ;)  We don't need coaches, we need a manager, who can manage!  The same way we need a county executive which can manage.  As I said, I am somewhat radical and all for change. :-X

McGuinness winker and he was a decent manager in his day, but you knew all along who I was talking about 8)

Your wee mask has started to slip of late, but sure we'll play along till you go banana's again :o

I heard Cushendall came down to watch us play Lamhs tonight, I'm stuck in house but I hear we've no team out and getting hammered 24 to 2 !!! Plenty of positional line outs, tactics to get tonight lol.
I'd suggest your getting your wires crossed somehow.  And I really thought you were talking about McGuinness. ??? :-\
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

btdtgtt

I think the margin of results from Glenarrife & milltown tells us perhaps more about the strength of the teams put out rather than true victory margins.

As for the Rossa game HS - if Rossa start like that against oisins the game will be gone. Randalstown missed 2 point blank gifts and still led 4-1. Then rossa got a soft goal - it resulted in them going in ahead in first half when Randalstown had been on top. 2nd half tho was one way traffic. Rossa dominated. Randalstown couldn't get the ball up the pitch and Rossa were handy winners in the end.

Without being too negative Rossa don't seem able to trouble Glenarrife. It is worrying than they still
Don't seem to get their full side out - Hamill (injury gone for good?) Shannon (USA) McGuinness (injury) bell (?) Armstrong (?)
These would be main influences so if they are not playing is preparation sufficient for oisins?
HS?

Mr2 it's disappointing to see galls flounder but not really surprising - fair enough
Football is the priority that's understandable at this stage of the season. It appears we will forever wonder "what if" about galls hurling.

One good side is that Lamh dearg got a couple of much needed points so will hopefully stay Up!

CitySlicker11

Think there were a few Rossa ones that got mixed up and thought their game was being played on the Boucher Road tonight. They will all be training and playing against Glenariffe I am sure. Fancy them for at least one win anyway. Obviously one win not being enough, but we will see.

samboswig

See MJ stating his interest - http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2012/0822/334485-michael-johnston-i-want-antrim-job/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If he was to be considered does Rogan not deserve a shout at the job given his work with Derry?

btdtgtt

If Rossa players are at a music concert instead of a promotion bid then Glenarrufe deserve to go up. Sickens me as a city man.

NAG1

Awh now the lads need a social life too btdtgtt  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 23, 2012, 02:52:07 PM
If Rossa players are at a music concert instead of a promotion bid then Glenarrufe deserve to go up. Sickens me as a city man.

Did they not win?

btdtgtt

Ok ok I know - what I mean is that it becomes a bigger IF given this attitude at such a crucial time of the season.
I would genuinely prefer Rossa to go up - but surely attending a concert in front of a promotions campaign cant be condoned HS?

btdtgtt

We'll see in September how many oisins look like they've prepared for promotion with the stone roses.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2012, 05:58:28 PM
Can by me. Stone Roses are class.
Their second album was average enough, hardly worth the wait.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

eoinbeag

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2012, 05:58:28 PM
Can by me. Stone Roses are class.

+1 Hardstation.

Remember missing U2 at Kings Hall some years back to play a Div 2 hurling match against Glenarm up there in the pissing rain. Have always regretted not seeing Lou Reed at this gig!

Stone Roses are a class act. Came out of retirement to play these gigs.why wouldn't  some of the lads want to see them and I wouldn't hold it against them