Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Not sure on this appointment tbh, dont know enough about the man but the fact that he is coming to us via a county on the same kind of level as ourselves. Maybe we are slightly better  but not by a massive amount so maybe he will have more of an idea about how to get more honest performances from our guys.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2012, 09:24:48 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 14, 2012, 06:20:05 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 14, 2012, 12:14:17 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2012, 04:18:35 PM
from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!

Not sure there was much behind this.  Would only work if Jim Nelson went with him and don't think he was interested.
Dick and PJ pulled out before the interview stage.

Dick pulled out of PJ??? strange one there ;D
you've a warped mind mr2.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 14, 2012, 09:35:24 AM
from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!

Not sure there was much behind this.  Would only work if Jim Nelson went with him and don't think he was interested.

you've a warped mind mr2.

seems as if no one in the county wanted the job bar Johnston who has burnt to many bridges to command the respect of most  saffron folk. So this is probably as good as we can get. After last years shannigans  nobody would realistically expect Gerlock or Cody etc. Anyway lets not judge the man to we see how they go, its got to be better than last year. Ive just heard that ballycastle pitch on stand by for dunloy v dall in case loughgeil pitch to bad after fourth coming whether
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ManInBlackandGreen

Listen lads, before the interview even took place, the Illuminati dispatched a member down to pave the way, the deal was done before MJ or anybody else had even put their backside in a chair to present! JN new this and withdrew immediately, as usual the casement power base had it sown up and where running a dummy exercise, the old rear guard F SM**H allegedly brokered the deal. The county is even worse than the Fcks in the church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btdtgtt

What is the official / unofficial role of the man u all but mention?
Does our fellow poster have some substance to his knights posts?
All worrying if not surprising?

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 14, 2012, 02:28:41 PM
What is the official / unofficial role of the man u all but mention?
Does our fellow poster have some substance to his knights posts?
All worrying if not surprising?

Sleeked/ Slimy/ gutless/ shaft referees at Ulster Council and his fellow officers in the County, is that the role you are asking for btdtgtt? I have very rarely been wrong on this site, call it as I see it. And to finish off the answer is yes to the rear guard of the Church, cant get in the inner circle if your not.

lonely1

As a member of Opius Day! The knights are a thing of the past, The King is Dead! Long live the King, so If I where you MIBAG time for a transfer A Chara, or stick to camogie ;)

Maninthemiddle

from HS;

Id say If Dick got a hold of you MR2 hed be pulling out something out of you ;D

NAG1

Here we go again with this drivel  >:(

Milltown Row2

A hold of what? Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Carlow did a lot of improving over the last number of years. Whoever was in charge round the time we scraped by them in championship did a great job with them. If it was Ryan I think we could have a verygood manager on our hands here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2012, 07:27:19 PM
Carlow did a lot of improving over the last number of years. Whoever was in charge round the time we scraped by them in championship did a great job with them. If it was Ryan I think we could have a verygood manager on our hands here.

Yeah tommy, I'm with you regarding that idea. He'll be a new man with a new agenda and different take on things, say it every year, if the team buy into it (what he wants to do) then we can do well, if not, then they might as well fcuk off (players that is)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2012, 09:30:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2012, 07:27:19 PM

Yeah tommy, I'm with you regarding that idea. He'll be a new man with a new agenda and different take on things, say it every year, if the team buy into it (what he wants to do) then we can do well, if not, then they might as well fcuk off (players that is)
100% MR2.  That's all of them. Ours included. I said it last year.  The players are there.  It's getting them all on same frame of mind
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

I am not disagreeing here sleeping giant but when u say ther players are there - for what?
To do what? To win an all-ireland? To get into division 1? To maintain division2? To not get stuffed in championship?

Sleeping giant

To go out and put in a performance that leaves you with a bit of pride.  hold there own against top counties. The last year Antrim done this was 1/4 final against cork.  7/8 point defeat I know.  But Jesus it felt good to be actually in a game coming down the home straight against a decent outfit. Were never going to lord it.   But if we could compete with the next best.  That's me trying to be realistic!!  win ulster, Get by a round in Leinster.  Get through a round or two in the qualifiers.  The odd 1/4 final. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.