Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 02:25:04 PM
And the game on Saturday? You dont get off that easy!

Sure while we're here make a call on the other semi?

Since I'm asking - Loughiuel to win by 10, And the dall by the minimum.
going on current form you'd have to make ourselves and the Dall favourites. Having said that, this is the championship and dunloy are a different animal when it gets to this stage. I'm backing them to beat cushendall, just about. As for us against St johns, going on what I've seen I'd have to say us by 8 or more.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2012, 02:33:57 PM

going on current form you'd have to make ourselves and the Dall favourites. Having said that, this is the championship and dunloy are a different animal when it gets to this stage. I'm backing them to beat cushendall, just about. As for us against St johns, going on what I've seen I'd have to say us by 8 or more.

As I have said before I think Sunday will be a very close one, few different factors will determine it.

But this clamour to make Cushendall favourites comes from where exactly? Who was the last big team that they beat in championship play?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2012, 02:38:35 PM

As I have said before I think Sunday will be a very close one, few different factors will determine it.

But this clamour to make Cushendall favourites comes from where exactly? Who was the last big team that they beat in championship play?

Naomh Gall :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

No more bets being taken.
The Carlow man from Waterford wins.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2012, 04:16:00 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2012, 02:38:35 PM

Naomh Gall :o

MR2 twice I guess no less!  ;)

Onthehill

Ryan got the job. Heard it here first.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 13, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
Who are you saying will get the county job SiE?
I would have thought your lads would have been looking for a convinving win on Saturday? Getting close to peaking time?
if I was a betting man my money would be on the man from Carlow.
I'd hope the betting man would know that the man from Carlow is in fact from Waterford.
I haven't looked that much into him to be honest. All I know is he was Carlow manager. And will probably be next Antrim manager.

Onthehill

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2012, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 13, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 13, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
Who are you saying will get the county job SiE?
I would have thought your lads would have been looking for a convinving win on Saturday? Getting close to peaking time?
if I was a betting man my money would be on the man from Carlow.
I'd hope the betting man would know that the man from Carlow is in fact from Waterford.
I haven't looked that much into him to be honest. All I know is he was Carlow manager. And will probably be next Antrim manager.
Appointed manager today. Not released yet.

Jesusjones

Ryan is the man, its on the county antrim post facebook page

saffron89

hamill to play against the oisins

yes, hear Ryan is 99% there

shamrocks to beat the johnnies out the gate

the dall to have about 5 points over Dunloy

so surprise surprise its the big 2 in the final

Sleeping giant

Kinda suprised that they went for an out of county man again.   If we win championship god help him, if dall or dunloy win. He might do ok ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

I'd take what the county Antrim post publish with a pinch of salt. some of their "facts" are a bit suspect. They did after all report that Jim Nelson was a native of loughgiel and that the semis would be played in casement in a double header.

There has to be a meeting held to ratify Ryan as manager, but it's pretty much nailed on.

*edit

I see the meeting is on Monday night.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2012, 04:18:35 PM
from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!

Not sure there was much behind this.  Would only work if Jim Nelson went with him and don't think he was interested.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 14, 2012, 12:14:17 AM
from HS;

Former Carlow boss Kevin Ryan is the only outside man in the race. The ex-Waterford hurler will have to fight off competition from Antrim men Gregory O'Kane, PJ Mullan and Michael Johnston, who managed Armagh for the last four years.

Antrim chairman Jim Murray says all four candidates have been contacted and are happy to be interviewed. He added that the interview panel can also recommend a further candidate if they know of one.

Surprised that PJ has let his name go forward, I thought he'd be creating a dynasty with Loughgeil!

Not sure there was much behind this.  Would only work if Jim Nelson went with him and don't think he was interested.
Dick and PJ pulled out before the interview stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 14, 2012, 06:20:05 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 14, 2012, 12:14:17 AM
from HS;

Dick and PJ pulled out before the interview stage.

Dick pulled out of PJ??? strange one there ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea