Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2012, 09:59:47 AM
Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2012, 09:45:37 AM
Minor Championship games tomorrow night. Cushendall v St Johns should be a cracker. We beat them by a point or two at Corrigan earlier this year in a game that was spoiled by a big breeze. Could go either way
Should be a good game but can only see a Cushendall win. Johnnies men telling me they haven't been prepared right at all. The fallout last year still hasn't fully gone away either. Apparently the difference in attitude of their players is remarkable. To quote, "this time last year we were bouncing whereas this year, many seem disinterested".

They won't be far away, of course, as their players are still good players but still reckon Cushendall will come through this.

Something wrong with St. John's seniors too.

Our boys haven't prepared for anything other than a St John's at the top of their game. They have some great individuals but then again so do we.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2012, 10:33:07 AM
Minor Championship games tomorrow night. Cushendall v St Johns should be a cracker. We beat them by a point or two at Corrigan earlier this year in a game that was spoiled by a big breeze. Could go either way

The refereeing was top notch though :o

The ref was were lucky to come out of Corrigan alive that night, some unhappy men up the Whiterock that night!
the difference between success and failure is energy

btdtgtt

Now now hardstation you wouldn't be stirring a bit with your old firm rivals would you?

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2012, 12:55:42 PM
Not at all. Just going on what Johnnies men have told me.

As for their seniors....they were training at Corrigan before the minor football game on Tuesday. About 12 players at the session. Less than 5 of them would start. In August FFS!

They probably have about 7/8 of those minors that played football in their senior hurling squad so that would have made a difference to the numbers I would imagine. Not ideal still
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2012, 12:02:54 PM
Should be a good game but can only see a Cushendall win. Johnnies men telling me they haven't been prepared right at all. The fallout last year still hasn't fully gone away either. Apparently the difference in attitude of their players is remarkable. To quote, "this time last year we were bouncing whereas this year, many seem disinterested".

They won't be far away, of course, as their players are still good players but still reckon Cushendall will come through this.

Our boys haven't prepared for anything other than a St John's at the top of their game. They have some great individuals but then again so do we.

The ref was were lucky to come out of Corrigan alive that night, some unhappy men up the Whiterock that night!

Ya canny please everybody. If St Johns get a handle on young Sambo then they might have a chance. And if the St Johns team play as a 'team' they should win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2012, 02:17:49 PM
Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2012, 12:02:54 PM

Ya canny please everybody. If St Johns get a handle on young Sambo then they might have a chance. And if the St Johns team play as a 'team' they should win
From watching Cushendall minors they have more than just Christy up front. Some very talented hurlers. As no doubt the St Johns have too. Should be a good match. Tough to call

Milltown Row2

Im not saying they don't. I was also watching that game. The two jonty lads try to do everything. If they play more for the team they'll do all right
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Really looking forward to the minor game tomorrow night, should be a cracker. God knows its been a long time since we've had any sort of decent game to watch. 2 evenly matched teams as we've seen over the past couple of years, both full of good hurlers. If your doing nothing tomorrow night it would be worth getting to Cushendall to watch. I have a feeling the rest of this years minor championship won't be up to much.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 16, 2012, 06:13:07 PM
Really looking forward to the minor game tomorrow night, should be a cracker. God knows its been a long time since we've had any sort of decent game to watch. 2 evenly matched teams as we've seen over the past couple of years, both full of good hurlers. If your doing nothing tomorrow night it would be worth getting to Cushendall to watch. I have a feeling the rest of this years minor championship won't be up to much.

Having seen all the minor teams this year I'm in agreement with you Jesus. Dunloy, Loughgiel, Rossa, ourselves and St Endas have been of a really poor standard. I'd say tomorrows winners will win final by 10-15 points

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2012, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 16, 2012, 06:13:07 PM

Having seen all the minor teams this year I'm in agreement with you Jesus. Dunloy, Loughgiel, Rossa, ourselves and St Endas have been of a really poor standard. I'd say tomorrows winners will win final by 10-15 points
Looking at our lads a couple of years ago there was loads of potential, on paper we should have been top 2/3 this season but in reality C'dall have shown how it should be done. In comparison 75% of our minors rarely train as a team and by Christ it shows when they play. The Dall to win out at a canter.

Milltown Row2

Cushendall showing some championship form tonight!! 1-14 to 0-9

Two man team??

Jesusjones

MR2 we were missing a few more than 2. This result was always on the cards, it could have happened any time over the last few weeks, the league has become a waste of time with the matches each week being of a really poor quality. Hard to keep players motivated however it is a worrying result coming up to championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 17, 2012, 07:12:43 AM
MR2 we were missing a few more than 2. This result was always on the cards, it could have happened any time over the last few weeks, the league has become a waste of time with the matches each week being of a really poor quality. Hard to keep players motivated however it is a worrying result coming up to championship.

Well two notable players, which is worrying I'm sure. I'd have thought Cushendall would have had a decent panel, no?

theskull1

That's a woeful list of excuses JJ. Cushendall have perennially be poor respectors of the league especially around July and August. Poor quality comes from that mindset. I've seen some very good hurling this past few weeks. You do the reputation of the league very real harm when teams step onto the pitch to go through the motions and then somehow blame 'the league' for the poor quality game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
That's a woeful list of excuses JJ. Cushendall have perennially be poor respectors of the league especially around July and August. Poor quality comes from that mindset. I've seen some very good hurling this past few weeks. You do the reputation of the league very real harm when teams step onto the pitch to go through the motions and then somehow blame 'the league' for the poor quality game
Cushendall were unbeaten up until last night and nearly won it last year(beaten in last match) so they must have been taking it serious enough??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 17, 2012, 10:17:58 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
Cushendall were unbeaten up until last night and nearly won it last year(beaten in last match) so they must have been taking it serious enough??

Which is grand but that excuse is a bit unfair, teams from div 2 would love to be in that league and fight tooth and nail to get in......