Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winker3716

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2012, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 18, 2012, 11:04:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Beat Loughgiel by a point tonight I hear. any other results out there ?

So, you were not at the game MR2, that says a lot about you  ??? ::).

Refereeing. were you at the game?
Nah, me too.

Heard it was a great game though, despite the bit of handbag stuff near then end. :o
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Two Hands FFS

What happenned at Milltown after the match? Supporters jumping the wire?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 19, 2012, 12:18:55 PM
What happenned at Milltown after the match? Supporters jumping the wire?

Not exactly the best place to have a Championship match, no real place to have supporters watch the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MilltownBlues

Not really, the ref made gave a free out in the last few minutes to st.galls and the Loughgeil Umpire tried to pull St.Galls Goalkeeper from the ground and a little scuffle happened, few people went on to break it up, Red Headed Loughgeil manager pushing St.Galls minors around, a few worried mothers exchanged words.  Thats it all really

Seamroga in exile

Kilkenny were class 2nd half today. I might venture down on the 9th, should be a great game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

winker3716

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 19, 2012, 06:27:58 PM
Kilkenny were class 2nd half today. I might venture down on the 9th, should be a great game.
The Cats sure play a mean game which our county and others have no comprehension of.  What can you say?  The best hurling team/county ever. Cody is an absolute legend.

The ref was atrocious, Richie Power having the helmet torn of his head, and a vicious swing on TJ Reid by Bonnar Maher.  Surely two red cards in anyone's book!
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on August 18, 2012, 05:16:51 PM
Any reports from the Cushendall v St Johns game?

Game started off very well, went score for score up to about 6-6 then St Johns got a goal from a penalty. Thought it was harsh myself but was told it was definitely a foul by one of the players (however it was outside the square). Nugent hit it like a complete rocket and it was never going to be stopped. St John's went 6 up before Eoin Campbell scored a great goal. Cushendall brought it back to 1 point at half time. Cushendall started brightly in second half and went a point up. After that we conceded too many frees and hit too many wides. St Johns free taker was taking the complete p*ss with his frees, and was allowed as much time as he wanted until after about 6 frees when Skinny who was reffing blew it up for two men. St Johns got a late score and unfortunately one of our players had a good chance to equalise but it dropped wide under pressure. St Johns got another free at the last poc of the game to win by 2.

In truth we were poor and St Johns prob deserved to win. Ryan McCambridge was excellent for us and I thought Donal Carson was the pick of the Johnnies players, especially in the first half. One note and without sounding like sour grapes the amount of lying down, divings and feigning injury from the Johnnies was nothing short of disgraceful. St Johns supporters were embarrassed by some of their players who spent more time receiving treatment and then sprinting across the pitch to get the next ball.
the difference between success and failure is energy

oisinog

Quote from: the colonel on August 20, 2012, 10:00:47 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 18, 2012, 05:16:51 PM
Any reports from the Cushendall v St Johns game?

Game started off very well, went score for score up to about 6-6 then St Johns got a goal from a penalty. Thought it was harsh myself but was told it was definitely a foul by one of the players (however it was outside the square). Nugent hit it like a complete rocket and it was never going to be stopped. St John's went 6 up before Eoin Campbell scored a great goal. Cushendall brought it back to 1 point at half time. Cushendall started brightly in second half and went a point up. After that we conceded too many frees and hit too many wides. St Johns free taker was taking the complete p*ss with his frees, and was allowed as much time as he wanted until after about 6 frees when Skinny who was reffing blew it up for two men. St Johns got a late score and unfortunately one of our players had a good chance to equalise but it dropped wide under pressure. St Johns got another free at the last poc of the game to win by 2.

In truth we were poor and St Johns prob deserved to win. Ryan McCambridge was excellent for us and I thought Donal Carson was the pick of the Johnnies players, especially in the first half. One note and without sounding like sour grapes the amount of lying down, divings and feigning injury from the Johnnies was nothing short of disgraceful. St Johns supporters were embarrassed by some of their players who spent more time receiving treatment and then sprinting across the pitch to get the next ball.

I have heard this from several people. It nearly ruined a good game

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2012, 10:25:54 AM
Sounds like sour grapes tbh.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it had to be seen to be believed
the difference between success and failure is energy

btdtgtt

Not the first such complaint re st johns.

They always have enjoyed the dramatics!

Oh please look at me!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 20, 2012, 11:03:58 AM
Not the first such complaint re st johns.

They always have enjoyed the dramatics!

Oh please look at me!

they've always had a few lads with 'de tanned legs'. I always thought there was a micro climate up in Whiterock, but alas any time I was there it was either raining or blowing a gale or both.

Megaman

Have to agre with Colonel about the diving, it was embarrassing at times, although didnt affect the result IMO.

Have to say i really enjoyed the game, played by wo really good teams, it was as good as game as i seen in a long time in antrim at any level, skill levels of some players on both teams was vey high, some scores where exceptional, pity they didnt meet until the final.

the only bad thing i will say was it was sad to see the winner was decided by bad refereeing.

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on August 20, 2012, 11:13:22 AM
Have to agre with Colonel about the diving, it was embarrassing at times, although didnt affect the result IMO.

Have to say i really enjoyed the game, played by wo really good teams, it was as good as game as i seen in a long time in antrim at any level, skill levels of some players on both teams was vey high, some scores where exceptional, pity they didnt meet until the final.

the only bad thing i will say was it was sad to see the winner was decided by bad refereeing.

I think it has been universally agreed that the better team won, despite some of the dramatics and you see fit to the blame the ref?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on August 20, 2012, 11:13:22 AM
Have to agre with Colonel about the diving, it was embarrassing at times, although didnt affect the result IMO.Have to say i really enjoyed the game, played by wo really good teams, it was as good as game as i seen in a long time in antrim at any level, skill levels of some players on both teams was vey high, some scores where exceptional, pity they didnt meet until the final.

Are you contradicting yourself?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

read it properly please

i said the diving didnt affect the result.

i didnt say St john didnt deserve to win, i said it was decided in the end by poor decisions rather than good points / play.

the ref was poor, very poor, for both teams.