Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Was at the Galls game tonight. Decent game with a very exciting ending, going into injury time all square. L'giel had a goal disallowed then galls went on to win by a point. Credit to both teams who played with alot of heart. Handbags at the end which could have turned nasty but a great boost for hurling in St Galls.

pdiddy

Should the goal have been disallowed JC? I wasnt at it so cant comment although I did hear that the best team won.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Jeepers Creepers

To be honest , from a distance the decision had merit although those up close say it was a bit dubious!?! Sparked a bit of a free for all which ruined it slightly. To be fair Galls deserved as they lead by 2 or 3 most if the game and l'guiel finished strong but to little to late

winker3716

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Beat Loughgiel by a point tonight I hear. any other results out there ?

So, you were not at the game MR2, that says a lot about you  ??? ::).
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: winker3716 on August 18, 2012, 11:04:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
Beat Loughgiel by a point tonight I hear. any other results out there ?

So, you were not at the game MR2, that says a lot about you  ??? ::).

Refereeing. were you at the game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

What's the minor hurling semi final pairings??

Oh just seen it:

St John's v St Galls

Ballycastle V Rossa

I'm predicting a Belfast final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

St Johns and Rossa are on opposite sides I think I heard a while ago as people were tipping them to meet in the final, not sure of the specific draw. Anyone any details on how the match in Cushendall went, sounds decent enough?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 18, 2012, 11:27:09 AM
St Johns and Rossa are on opposite sides I think I heard a while ago as people were tipping them to meet in the final, not sure of the specific draw. Anyone any details on how the match in Cushendall went, sounds decent enough?

I'm sure the lads will be on soon enough to let us know of how it went, seems a one point win. Must have been nail bitting near the end

Last Man

We were poor as I predicted, if Eoin Conlon wasn't injured and we had have kept 15 on the pitch we could have won handy. Apart from good individual performances from McGoldrick and Diamond we were clueless. Rossa's extra man easily curbed any influence from Cormac Ross, and left them with a bit in the tank to kick on in the kast 5 minutes.
So we got what we deserved considering we had barely enough for a darts team nevermind hurling  some nights at training.
Fair play to the young Rossa side who clearly had more work done than us.

aontroim

Semi-Final draw is;

Rossa v McQuillan's
St. Gall's v John's

jdyok

well it was a good game, exciting throughout. C'dall tactics didn't pay off, played sweeper and therefore man short in attack, hit numerous low balls into forwards when the high ball would have caused more havoc, just my opinion though. Johnnies keeper in the thick of it throughout the game while I can hardly remember his opposite number being involved that much. Johnnies will be very happy to win up in the Glens and should be able to go all the way now if they put in the work. The referee (Colm Cunning, Dunloy) did a good job. He didn't get everything right but then who ever does.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2012, 11:47:04 AM
We were poor as I predicted, if Eoin Conlon wasn't injured and we had have kept 15 on the pitch we could have won handy. Apart from good individual performances from McGoldrick and Diamond we were clueless. Rossa's extra man easily curbed any influence from Cormac Ross, and left them with a bit in the tank to kick on in the kast 5 minutes.
So we got what we deserved considering we had barely enough for a darts team nevermind hurling  some nights at training.

Was that young lad that I sent off last month playing? So another player sent off? Train all year, managers put effort in all year all building to the first championship match and ya get a player sent off!! Bloody bollox

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2012, 02:33:13 PM
Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2012, 11:47:04 AM

Was that young lad that I sent off last month playing? So another player sent off? Train all year, managers put effort in all year all building to the first championship match and ya get a player sent off!! Bloody bollox

No he wasn't playing MR and but i'd say he would have added to the 2 red cards we received, well deservrd in my opinion. it may have been retaliation but still selfish in my book. We need more like young Conlon who gets hammered black and blue yet never reacts.....thats the honesty and sacrafice we are sadly lacking.

Minder

Any reports from the Cushendall v St Johns game?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2012, 10:03:44 PM
None of our North antrim folk about tonight???? Black and Amber might come on :o

you missin me Milltown? sorry sorry sorry. workin last night and Sat is contribute to the local economy day. home now but expect nohin to logiall  lol

but nobody inthe town thinks our minors will be in the final so youse'll have a wah wah day i n Casement. Enjoy!