Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi folks here is a we 2 mins video we would like you to see.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nOo-CDoRI&feature=share

Minder

Quote from: jeremiah on July 17, 2012, 04:20:41 PM
Is Johnny McIntosh still playing with Glenariffe?

Yes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CitySlicker11

Quote from: manballandall on July 17, 2012, 03:17:42 PM
Do country players not get injured and go on holiday ?

Yes, but I think that these factors affect city teams worse. In the country playing on the senior hurling team means slightly more, therefore injuries will affect them less as they will have more dedicated replacements and those that are injured will be doing all it takes to get back. On the holiday front, I feel there is more distractions available to players in the city and they may be more inclined to leave the hurling in favour of the drink and sun.

Obviously this is not the rule and there are plenty of exceptions to contradict my views, but I feel in some clubs these are present.
Quote from: manballandall on July 17, 2012, 03:17:42 PM

Is young Shannon away to the states HS ? A great prospect.

Yes I also heard they missed a few other players to the states for the summer.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2012, 08:40:45 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 16, 2012, 11:24:01 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 16, 2012, 11:02:42 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
well i can put hatred aside and say Liam and paddy Richmond was as good as you would of got in the country in 02/03 season.  think paddy on his day would prob still take any full back in county to cleaners.  won dunloy there last championship himself

that post says more about you than it does about the Richmond's or Dunloy
what does it say about me??  are you trying to say there isn't hatred?  or was it the 'last' bit that has your knickers in a twist??  chill man, arnt we aloud friendly digs at one another?

fair enough thought you where being serious, just cut out the sc**mbag stuff and be a bit more gracious like SIE(good poster with some manners) and we will call it quits
gracious isn't the right word,  am very gracious in winning and defeat my friend, is that what young cunning was at? trying to put manners in JC,  Lol less would of done.  the thing that got me so upset to call him what i did, was that he is getting called the best ref about at the moment,maybe rightly so, then to do that :o   temper was up!!!  sorry :(

Well if the temper was up then and your apologising for your actions would it not be appropriate to take your posts down in relation to your comments? We are here to debate the games and hurling in general not to be personally insulting anyone. You can point out if you think something was wrong without getting into anything personal.

Also LG strike ratio wouldn't be that majorly hot over the past 20 odd years in the Antrim championship for you to be getting on your high horse to talk down to anyone one, all friendly banter of course  ;)
Loughgiel was never on strike lad,  that's them other lads that wear red your thinking of.  ;D  sure yourselves have only really been winning anything as 20 odd years,  am happy enough with our roll of honour. 

All Ireland Club

(2)

1983, 2012

Sen Ulster Club

(6)

1970, 1971, 1982, 1989, 2010, 2011

A.C.S.H.C

(17)

1920, 1924, 1925, 1929, 1938, 1943, 1956, 1963, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1982, 1989, 2010, 2011
  All friendly banter surely
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

I never said you were on strike, Thanks for the stroll down memory lane SG  ;)

btdtgtt

I was at Rossa sarsfields and Rossa were missing quite a few - bell Shannon armstrong notably. I would say that's why Hamill back Altho he was a big boost for them.
Hardstation any idea when the absentees return or if at all? Maybe a chance of they do in Belfast but difficult to beat oisins in the glens minder?

saffron89

reckon div 2 is going to get a whole lot more interesting after this weekend, with the results,

anyone for newry tonite to support the u21s, something tells me they could do with it

Glensman

Didn't make it to Newry.

Anyone? Team? Scorers?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on July 18, 2012, 09:43:02 PM
Didn't make it to Newry.

Anyone? Team? Scorers?
http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=3500

Antrim beat Armagh to book Ulster final place:

Antrim booked their place in the final of the Ulster Under 21 Hurling Championship when they beat Armagh in Wednesday evening's semi-final at Pairc Esler, Newry.
In a repeat of last year's final the Saffron's got off to a great start with a point from eighty metres from centre-half back Matthew Donnelly and when team captain Conor McCann fired in a goal in the fourth minute they were in a strong position.
However what appeared to be plain sailing proved anything but as Armagh began to find their feet and with full-forward Conor Corvan  picking off the points from frees they kept in touch and trailed by just four at the break (1-7 to 0-6).
That margin could well have been closer had it not been for a fine save from Antrim goalkeeper James O'Mullan in the twenty-sixth minute, and the Rasharkin man was called upon again early in the second-half to deny the Orchard county's corner-forward Danny Magee after Corvan had worked an opening.
That was to be Antrim's last real threat and with McCann, Mickey Devlin, James Black and Stephen McAfee all finding the target up front they slowly but surely stretched their advantage and eventually ran out winners by 1-17 to 0-11.

ANTRIM – James O'Mullan, Christopher Murray, Ronan Gillan, Fergus Donnelly, James McShane, Matthew Donnelly, James McCouaig, Aiden McKeown, Stephen McAfee, Mickey Devlin, Kevin McKernan, James Black, Stephen Smith, Conor McCann, Nigel Elliott.
SUBS – Conor Laverty for Elliott; Eoin McAlonan for McKernan; Paddy McNaughton for Aiden McKeown; Jude Savage for Smith.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

What are your predictions for Div 2 this weekend Saffron ?...Expecting a few upsets ?

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 19, 2012, 06:07:43 AM
Quote from: Glensman on July 18, 2012, 09:43:02 PM
Didn't make it to Newry.

Anyone? Team? Scorers?
http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=3500

Antrim beat Armagh to book Ulster final place:

Antrim booked their place in the final of the Ulster Under 21 Hurling Championship when they beat Armagh in Wednesday evening's semi-final at Pairc Esler, Newry.
In a repeat of last year's final the Saffron's got off to a great start with a point from eighty metres from centre-half back Matthew Donnelly and when team captain Conor McCann fired in a goal in the fourth minute they were in a strong position.
However what appeared to be plain sailing proved anything but as Armagh began to find their feet and with full-forward Conor Corvan  picking off the points from frees they kept in touch and trailed by just four at the break (1-7 to 0-6).
That margin could well have been closer had it not been for a fine save from Antrim goalkeeper James O'Mullan in the twenty-sixth minute, and the Rasharkin man was called upon again early in the second-half to deny the Orchard county's corner-forward Danny Magee after Corvan had worked an opening.
That was to be Antrim's last real threat and with McCann, Mickey Devlin, James Black and Stephen McAfee all finding the target up front they slowly but surely stretched their advantage and eventually ran out winners by 1-17 to 0-11.

ANTRIM – James O'Mullan, Christopher Murray, Ronan Gillan, Fergus Donnelly, James McShane, Matthew Donnelly, James McCouaig, Aiden McKeown, Stephen McAfee, Mickey Devlin, Kevin McKernan, James Black, Stephen Smith, Conor McCann, Nigel Elliott.
SUBS – Conor Laverty for Elliott; Eoin McAlonan for McKernan; Paddy McNaughton for Aiden McKeown; Jude Savage for Smith.

Cheers - saw that on there. At least they pulled away.

Derry in final then. Hope they go for it and if they get through that then get the head down...though not a foregone conclusion.

saffron89

After 39 do-or-die matches in this years SALTILL HOTEL Senior Hurling Championship, our 21 sides have now been whittled down to the last 8, with an intriging knockout series of matches to look forward to.

Through to the quarter-finals are:

Group A: Gort and Padraig Pearses
Group B: Portumna and Castlegar.
Group C: Turloughmore and Mullagh.
Group D: St. Thomas and Loughrea

And the Antrim championship gets underway last week in August and finished by end of September with the finalist having in played a total of approx 3 games.  Maybe if we get a few draws we could be up around the 20 mark :P :P

Time to wake up

Milltown Row2

We ran with a system like this before. The best teams always came top their group and went into semi finals. You had to top group to go through. Other counties have this also and its also linked to league performance. But seeing that we have a small division one and three teams are from Down, it wouldn't work here (well, Galway's system).

Dublin run off a load of group games early in year. Final games after county are out of championship.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

point take with no of teams, but i would try the groups system or home and away like before to get the the no of games up

dual clubs mightn't like it, but we need some more games.

even include the down teams or Derry.

whats the story with Gallagher MR2, no doubt he consulted with you first

Milltown Row2

Aidso is his own man and I'm sure his reasons for stepping down weren't taken lightly. His commitment to club games this year has been brilliant considering his efforts with Antrim. He also wanted to hurl for county also this year. Stand up guy, good player to have about.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea