Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on July 16, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 04:12:08 PM
Liam was minor I think in 95. If he's not 35 he'll be 35 very soon.

He was, I think, on that good minor team with McFall and Pinky that should have beat Kilkenny in the minors

smell a little bullshit here, when should the saffs minors beat kilkenny.  Wish it was the case, just can't remember it

It happened and it was close.. Brian mc fall was outstanding that day and pinky was as good a minor as Antrim have had.

It was before Clare v Galway AISF on a baking hot day in 1995, can't remember much about it though.

Image 5 is a photo of that years team before the Ulster Final

http://www.loughgielshamrocksgac.com/gallery/images/?id=33
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Johnny Flynn was great in those days. Never quite made it.

Joey Quinn? From loughgiel there too and "ad".

Mind McFall hitting a rasper but not much more.

Sleeping giant

well i can put hatred aside and say Liam and paddy Richmond was as good as you would of got in the country in 02/03 season.  think paddy on his day would prob still take any full back in county to cleaners.  won dunloy there last championship himself
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffron89

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
well i can put hatred aside and say Liam and paddy Richmond was as good as you would of got in the country in 02/03 season.  think paddy on his day would prob still take any full back in county to cleaners.  won dunloy there last championship himself

Along with Dick and magee, that day

north_antrim_hound

that post says more about you than it does about the Richmond's or Dunloy
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: saffron89 on July 16, 2012, 10:59:49 PM

Along with Dick and magee, that day
magee was amazing to in fairness,  thought shan had serious game to,  but big pat was outstanding

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 16, 2012, 11:02:42 PM

what does it say about me??  are you trying to say there isnt hatred?  or was it the 'last' bit that has your knickers in a twist??  chill man, arnt we aloud friendly digs at one another?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 11:11:01 PM

what does it say about me??  are you trying to say there isn't hatred?  or was it the 'last' bit that has your knickers in a twist??  chill man, arnt we aloud friendly digs at one another?

fair enough thought you where being serious, just cut out the sc**mbag stuff and be a bit more gracious like SIE(good poster with some manners) and we will call it quits
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 16, 2012, 11:24:01 PM

what does it say about me??  are you trying to say there isn't hatred?  or was it the 'last' bit that has your knickers in a twist??  chill man, arnt we aloud friendly digs at one another?

fair enough thought you where being serious, just cut out the sc**mbag stuff and be a bit more gracious like SIE(good poster with some manners) and we will call it quits
gracious isn't the right word,  am very gracious in winning and defeat my friend, is that what young cunning was at? trying to put manners in JC,  Lol less would of done.  the thing that got me so upset to call him what i did, was that he is getting called the best ref about at the moment,maybe rightly so, then to do that :o   temper was up!!!  sorry :(

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on July 16, 2012, 10:24:18 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 10:22:07 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on July 16, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 04:12:08 PM
Liam was minor I think in 95. If he's not 35 he'll be 35 very soon.

He was, I think, on that good minor team with McFall and Pinky that should have beat Kilkenny in the minors

smell a little bullshit here, when should the saffs minors beat kilkenny.  Wish it was the case, just can't remember it

It happened and it was close.. Brian mc fall was outstanding that day and pinky was as good a minor as Antrim have had.

It was before Clare v Galway AISF on a baking hot day in 1995, can't remember much about it though.

Image 5 is a photo of that years team before the Ulster Final

http://www.loughgielshamrocksgac.com/gallery/images/?id=33

Is that a very young PJ O'Mullan in picture 33?

'The young padawan meets his mentor'

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 16, 2012, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 16, 2012, 11:24:01 PM

gracious isn't the right word,  am very gracious in winning and defeat my friend, is that what young cunning was at? trying to put manners in JC,  Lol less would of done.  the thing that got me so upset to call him what i did, was that he is getting called the best ref about at the moment,maybe rightly so, then to do that :o   temper was up!!!  sorry :(

Well if the temper was up then and your apologising for your actions would it not be appropriate to take your posts down in relation to your comments? We are here to debate the games and hurling in general not to be personally insulting anyone. You can point out if you think something was wrong without getting into anything personal.

Also LG strike ratio wouldnt be that majorly hot over the past 20 odd years in the Antrim championship for you to be getting on your high horse to talk down to anyone one, all friendly banter of course  ;)

manballandall

St Galls would be more than happy with a win last sunday considering they had 8 regular first team players missing and without a manager. very disappointed wih carey though, bar 3 or 4 very good players (11 and 7 were very impressive) the rest very average.
The games between Rossa and Glenariff will decide where the league title goes and think rossa could give Glenariff a good run for their money but that will all depend on their forwards as against us they relied on frees for the majority of their scores. Hamill coming back is a big bonus for them too.

For St Galls its unfortunately the same old story....frustrating to say the least.

CitySlicker11

On the Glenariffe - Rossa games coming up, been hearing Rossa have been missing a good few players recently but still digging out results, however, to get 2 wins in these games which they need they can't afford to be going in to them under strength do u agree HS? Injuries and holidays will affect city clubs a lot more than it does to the country teams. Though Rossa management seem to have got their players to wake up and start performing. Hopefully this is the same with St Johns after their win at the weekend, would be great to have 2 Belfast teams back in Div 1 next year.

manballandall

Do country players not get injured and go on holiday ?

Is young Shannon away to the states HS ? A great prospect.

I still believe both teams are very even...I dont believe Glenariff have anything speacial...all good players with good stick work and their biggest attribute for me is that they fight for every ball and never stop until the final whistle with great fitness levels. Any team with that will always be hard to beat but I believe Rossa have all those qualities too and have improved as the season has gone on. Proved against us that they never give up either so for me there will only be a puck of the ball between them and goals could be crucial in deciding what way it goes.

jeremiah

Is Johnny McIntosh still playing with Glenariffe?