Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonely1

MIBAG catch a grip FFS, you have now succeeded in getting everyone at one another, this may have been your agenda as said previously, let sleeping dogs lie, these things do go on every weekend and if you really are a referee or x referee then leave it on the pitch!

johnneycool

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on July 15, 2012, 10:08:50 PM
St Johns beat ballycastle by one today, 1-19 to 2-15

Very bad result for us in particular after getting beat yesterday in Ballycran by three points., should have been double that in all fairness to Ballycran who believe they're still in the mire as well.

We've to go to Corrigan and win in a few weeks time and in all honesty we'll need to get our act together before then, but it doesn't look like it.

NAG1

How come LG were short a couple yesterday then, injuries?

btdtgtt

Thanks for all the updates lads as neutral as ever!

Great win for st johns gives them real opportunity to stay up and a big blow for the town.

I went to see Rossa sarsfields and was not dissapointed - really entertaining.
Rossa got a goal in first half which kept them in touch against wind so seemed to be foregone conclusion to win in 2nd half. However the paddies kept nicking scores young Kevin mckiernan was fantastic. Rossa by 4 was fair result tho they were better side. Hamill was back playing and in fairness probably the difference setting up all 3 Rossa goals. They still don't look like they have enough to beat the oisins however.

Good also to see the gorts in form I was worried they might go down but thankfully they have steadied the ship.

Galls also picking up points - still frustrate me MR2 because I can't help but wonder what would happen with a full team out committed to hurling but then I suppose that's the nature if the beast for all teams.

Loughiel and dunloy showing the old rivalry hasn't gone away ya know!
I still see dall as only real opposition but shamrocks won't be beaten when it matters.

theskull1

A fe ;)w unsavory moments from both teams yesterday in a very physical game. We closed down better than we did in the feis but still too many unforced errors. Deserved the victory but need to improve our touch and composure before we could be considered potential championship material. Also...was missing yesterday but don't believe big paddy has the game to threaten a good full back any more anyway........a clinker on his day but hasn't happened in a while for him. Who knows
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on July 16, 2012, 12:25:08 PM
A fe ;)w unsavory moments from both teams yesterday in a very physical game. We closed down better than we did in the feis but still too many unforced errors. Deserved the victory but need to improve our touch and composure before we could be considered potential championship material. Also...was missing yesterday but don't believe big paddy has the game to threaten a good full back any more anyway........a clinker on his day but hasn't happened in a while for him. Who knows

+1 skull we showed great industry on closing down players in possesion but our forwards have  to improve first touch on 50 50 ball. I would like to see them try create more space for runs instead of standing with there men but that requires faster ball in to. spot on with big paddy he never was big on the hunger stakes but would give you 5 minutes with some return, but that seems to have gone now. LG still favourates with the Dall second. where we are depends on how we can fix things for championship, still wouldn't be good enough for confident victory over ballycastle.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tony Baloney

Paddy can't be that old - 32ish? He not fancy it anymore?

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 16, 2012, 12:45:03 PM
Paddy can't be that old - 32ish? He not fancy it anymore?

I'd have him around the 35 mark myself.

He did very little against us last year down in our place, but got the goal halfway through the second half to create a lead we were never going to close..
Age aside he never really reminded me of a natural athlete and like some of us not too keen on what it takes to get fit enough to play at senior level.
The hoor always knew where the net was though.

imtommygunn

Definitely not 35 - I think he's 32. He seems to have slowed down a bit *reasonably* young.

NAG1

His older brother Liam wouldnt even be the length of 35 yet lads.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on July 16, 2012, 02:01:11 PM
His older brother Liam wouldnt even be the length of 35 yet lads.

They've been on the go a good few years OK, but I'd have another two or three years on both.

Liam seems to be able to handle the new spuds better.

imtommygunn

Liam was minor I think in 95. If he's not 35 he'll be 35 very soon.

He was, I think, on that good minor team with McFall and Pinky that should have beat Kilkenny in the minors

saffron89

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 04:12:08 PM

He was, I think, on that good minor team with McFall and Pinky that should have beat Kilkenny in the minors

smell a little bullshit here, when should the saffs minors beat kilkenny.  Wish it was the case, just can't remember it

optimus cheese

It was 1995 alright, was at the game before Down v Offaly and Clare v Galway. Antrim could well have won that game although KK were absolutely pumped in the final by Cork. Sean Og, Donal Og, Ben O'Connor etc played on that team

imtommygunn

Quote from: saffron89 on July 16, 2012, 09:19:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2012, 04:12:08 PM

smell a little bullshit here, when should the saffs minors beat kilkenny.  Wish it was the case, just can't remember it

It happened and it was close.. Brian mc fall was outstanding that day and pinky was as good a minor as Antrim have had.