Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

can't see them being stopped in Antrim or Ulster this year at all, back to back All Irelands will be a step too far though i'd say. Doubt Ballycran traveled at full strength tonight either.

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

Can't see either rossa or glenariff troubling them. Will that take them into semi's against?  We were up against it before but now having no manager again and without karl it shouldn't cause too many problems for cushendall.

btdtgtt

Glad to get the bread and butter back this weekend!

Dunloy v loughiel - shamrocks handy
Portaferry v cushendall - dall but not by much
StJohns v bcastle - pick of the weekend maybe a draw

Sarsfields v Rossa - Rossa
Lamh dearg v oisins - Glenarrife handy
Galls v Carey - galls
Gort v Randalstown - home advantage to count

I can't help but think holidays can result in some surprises this time of year particularly outside the top division.

CitySlicker11

Agree about the holiday point, definitely a huge factor that affects promotion and relegation battles throughout all of the leagues. Also agree that this is a factor that mostly effects divisions 2 and below, most of the div 1 teams carry bigger panels and the top sides in it use the league for experimenting anyway.

It is also this time of the year when the ground is really firm and the hurling that small bit faster that most injuries are picked up, this is alongside the holiday issue and again effects the lower teams due to smaller numbers.

Hate when a game is decided over these two issues, ideally we would like to see all matches played with the two strongest 15's, however that is the beauty of out sport, and the importance of a panel.

Predictions
Dunloy v loughiel - Loughgiel
Portaferry v cushendall - cushendall
StJohns v bcastle - ballycastle
Sarsfields v Rossa - sars
Lamh dearg v oisins - Glenarrife
Galls v Carey - st galls
Gort v Randalstown - gort

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on July 10, 2012, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: manballandall on July 10, 2012, 10:12:49 PM
Who do shamrocks play first?. Can you foresee any upsets saffron?

They play Rossa and winners play the Glenariffe juggernaut.
2012 hurling championship draw;

1. St Galls V Cushendall
2. Dunloy V Ballycastle

3. St Johns V Lamh Dearg
4. Rossa/Loughgiel V Glenariffe

Semis:
1 V 2
3 V 4

League Predictions:

Dunloy v Shamrocks - Us by 3 or 4. History dictates that these games are always tight, barring a few exceptions.

Portaferry v Cushendall - Ruari Ogs by 7/8

St. Johns v Ballycastle. Has the makings of a great game. I'll plump for the johnnies by a couple after their recent close encounters with the Dall and Dunloy would imply they're improving.

manballandall

Dall vs Shamrocks for me which should be a great final which is hard to call. 

btdtgtt

Don't see anyone getting closer to loughiel than my Rossa friends did last year!
Shamrocks to retain the championship - with some to spare.

saffron89

Really have to fancy the shams for title, dall will be dying to beat them but just think they'll come up short.
Only interest in championship is to see how far town get.
Laim mc carthy now more interesting

After wwekend. Tipp cats semi

Seamroga in exile

At least we now know where our flags and bunting went. Ballymena supporters took them.  :D

chocoholic

eachaidh

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack the thread but please bear with me!

I have been made aware of a study that the University of Ulster are currently carrying out into defibrillators in the GAA. It's an all-Ireland study that is based on line.

As this is such an important and emotive subject for many of us Gaels I thought that I should try to get the word out so that as many of us as possible participate in order to make the results more reliable. The link is below and I would encourage everyone to take the 5 minutes and complete the form. The idea is to get a picture of where we are at as an organisation with the provision of this life saving equipment.

I should state that this is not my study and I am not involved in it other than that I know the people carrying it out. But on their behalf I would like to thank everyone who does fill it out in advance. Your help will be greatly appreciated and hopefully will help the GAA and all of our members. Getting this information may eventually even help to save lives.

Go raibh maith agat!

Link Below:

https://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/971431/CRP-Defibrillators-Survey

Seamroga in exile

Minors beaten by 4 points.   :-\

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 14, 2012, 02:36:00 PM
Minors beaten by 4 points.   :-\

I thought we had a good squad this year, whole county scene depressing across the board. where you at the match SIE
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2012, 11:26:53 PM
Well beat. Totally expected.

Can't blame the kids.
Squad simply not good enough or a pop at the management?  ;)