Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: johnneycool on July 09, 2012, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: Last Man on July 08, 2012, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 08, 2012, 08:50:57 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 08, 2012, 03:25:20 PM
Antrim minors draw with Down.

Anyone at the minor match?
We had the better team on paper but just didn't play as a cohesive unit. Sambo has had trouble getting this group to train and I think it showed. But for McGoldricks free taking we would have been out the gate.

Replay in Ballycran this sunday I hear.
Word in the ground yesterday is that it would be back in Casement before the football on saturday. Taking it to B'cran doesnt give it a great profile and I can't see the Down lads having an issue with Casement.

johnneycool

Quote from: Last Man on July 09, 2012, 10:01:42 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 09, 2012, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: Last Man on July 08, 2012, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 08, 2012, 08:50:57 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 08, 2012, 03:25:20 PM
Antrim minors draw with Down.

Anyone at the minor match?
We had the better team on paper but just didn't play as a cohesive unit. Sambo has had trouble getting this group to train and I think it showed. But for McGoldricks free taking we would have been out the gate.

Replay in Ballycran this sunday I hear.
Word in the ground yesterday is that it would be back in Casement before the football on saturday. Taking it to B'cran doesnt give it a great profile and I can't see the Down lads having an issue with Casement.

Have you asked any Down lads?

Last Man

I didn't express any certainty just thought a young fella in his fleeting minor career might look forward to an Ulster final replay in front of a few thousand in Casement as opposed to a few hundred in Ballycran. :o

the colonel

Thankfully posts from Shara Fuggers have been removed. Slanderous comments and not right.

On the games yesterday- Minor game was very even. How the Down FF never got a couple of goals I do not know. Big handful of a player. As stated before, Antrim were lucky that young McGoldrick was on form with the frees. Both teams got goals that were very lucky with both keepers likely to have only seen the ball as it went past the last defender. I think a draw was the right result, can't see Antrim being as poor this week. Hoping it will be before the Galway game.

For the senior game, was dead rubber right after Carsons goal. I thought Shane was fantastic, covered serious ground and has been the only midfielder Antrim have had in the last while who is taking a good luck at where he is playing the ball to. Some of his passing was great. Derry lost the discipline and got frustrated I think. Antrim should have had about 5 more goals, with the Derry keeper having a great game
the difference between success and failure is energy

johnneycool

Quote from: Last Man on July 09, 2012, 10:10:49 AM
I didn't express any certainty just thought a young fella in his fleeting minor career might look forward to an Ulster final replay in front of a few thousand in Casement as opposed to a few hundred in Ballycran. :o

Where would this few thousand be coming from? I presume they'll be straggling in at the very end waiting for the football qualifier?

I'd have thought they'd have wanted a home game once in a while, but its hardly likely with the Ulster council.

Last Man

Quote from: johnneycool on July 09, 2012, 11:19:33 AM
Quote from: Last Man on July 09, 2012, 10:10:49 AM

Where would this few thousand be coming from? I presume they'll be straggling in at the very end waiting for the football qualifier?

I'd have thought they'd have wanted a home game once in a while, but its hardly likely with the Ulster council.
I'd have thought Ulster Council should give the match the profile it deserves, Pairc Esler maybe, not Ballycran.

btdtgtt

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=173004

Typical of modern gaa!

No competitive game until next February? Well Ollie I have news for you - there is this thing called club hurling!! Good god the inter county season is already too long at the expense of clubs where the majority of Gaels reside for the bread and butter of our association.

Does Ollie baker just want his team to play endless championship games regardless of results?
He is basically saying keep giving us more games even when we get beat because we just want to keep playing! Try winning then Ollie.

Or maybe Ollie doesn't get paid in the off season. Ah now I see!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the colonel on July 09, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
Thankfully posts from Shara Fuggers have been removed. Slanderous comments and not right.

On the games yesterday- Minor game was very even. How the Down FF never got a couple of goals I do not know. Big handful of a player. As stated before, Antrim were lucky that young McGoldrick was on form with the frees. Both teams got goals that were very lucky with both keepers likely to have only seen the ball as it went past the last defender. I think a draw was the right result, can't see Antrim being as poor this week. Hoping it will be before the Galway game.

For the senior game, was dead rubber right after Carsons goal. I thought Shane was fantastic, covered serious ground and has been the only midfielder Antrim have had in the last while who is taking a good luck at where he is playing the ball to. Some of his passing was great. Derry lost the discipline and got frustrated I think. Antrim should have had about 5 more goals, with the Derry keeper having a great game
Seen this last night - is this yet another Bog Ash Caman/Ashwood Gael account. He must be in double figures by now!

the colonel

Minor match confirmed for Saturday at 1pm at Casment
the difference between success and failure is energy

CitySlicker11

Wonder how people with those multiple fake accounts even remember passwords etc for them all, anyway, Sunday past ends our seniors season and thankfully we finished off avoiding another humiliating defeat, getting back to their clubs is the best thing that could happen at the minute.

Minor replay on Saturday, wasn't at either of yesterdays games but will hopefully get down and support these boys as well the footballers this weekend. Hoping for a good win, who can they meet in the quarter finals?

auld stock

Fairhead. thats really the point i was making. in a perfect world there would be a greater spread of capable players from more clubs. but until the proper structures are put in place to provide better quality players in the club, then the county manager will have to rely heavily on the top senior clubs. at the minute i dont think many would argue that the strongest clubs at the minute are the shammrocks & c'dall. im my opinion this shows how far away we are that even in this bad situation, c'dall can only provide 3 men who could hold their own at intercounty level. so i totally agree with what you are saying that is a great achievement to have 3 county men, but not neccesarily when you are one of the "top 2". i would look forward to the day when as many clubs as possible are represented. but ONLY if the players are up to the standard. dont just send them just to fill the numbers. sadly like it or not that is what we are doing.

saffron89

Well Sie are u all set for the championship

manballandall

Who do shamrocks play first?. Can you foresee any upsets saffron?

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on July 10, 2012, 10:12:49 PM
Who do shamrocks play first?. Can you foresee any upsets saffron?

They play Rossa and winners play the Glenariffe juggernaut.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pdiddy

We beat Ballycran tonight 1-25 to 1-07, ticking along nicely. Up against Dunloy on Sunday.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech