Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: lonely1 on June 27, 2012, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2012, 01:41:47 PM
Lonley1

My point was that I havent seen the video nor have I read the report like 99% if not 100% of the posters on here, so I am going on what I have been told by reliable people who were at the game. So my rational is that I am inclined to believe what I was told about the players involved in the incident and obviously this was reflected in the report to go by the suspensions handed down.

My second point was that no one can tell me without seeing the report that there was anything untoward about it. And without being the actual author of the report no one can tell, what his perceptions of the incident were, so to come on a make some of the claims that are being made about it are a bit over the top IMO.

I do appreciate the sarcasm Nag1, however is it a question of the dog getting a bad name, i.e. the individuals suspended temporarily! So based on past experience and opinions of reliable friends you are excusing what is inexcusable, why has the CCC done a u-turn then? The only lad that hasn't escaped is MD and that is questionable yet but he was wrong and does deserve his punishment under rule, whatever that is? As the old saying goes "Nothing stays secret in the GAA", the claims are not over the top, the only thing being claimed here is the Referee has allegedly lied on his report which has now been upheld by video evidence, and enough people have seen the report at this stage to quote chapter and verse. He was wrong, dishonest, and discriminatory, which he has made no secret of in the comfort of county meetings for his lack of patience when it comes to North Antrim. What is they say " Put a beggar on horseback....................."

Maybe you picked me up wrong but there was no attempt at sarcasm in my post.

Where did I excuse lying? My previous post stating that the ref should be reporting fact and fact only.

You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about this one. My original point was that anyone assaulting or attempting assault any official whether you like them or not should have the book thrown at them IMO. I never made comment on anything other than this

You obviously are closer to this than I am, far less do I care what TOR thinks of NA clubs or SA clubs. He is one individual, the vast majority of the boys out there are trying to do a decent job and have no axes to grind. So no matter what transpired after the event for which one suspension still stands IMO that was an event too far.

gelvis

Quote from: lonely1 on June 27, 2012, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2012, 01:41:47 PM
Lonley1

My point was that I havent seen the video nor have I read the report like 99% if not 100% of the posters on here, so I am going on what I have been told by reliable people who were at the game. So my rational is that I am inclined to believe what I was told about the players involved in the incident and obviously this was reflected in the report to go by the suspensions handed down.

My second point was that no one can tell me without seeing the report that there was anything untoward about it. And without being the actual author of the report no one can tell, what his perceptions of the incident were, so to come on a make some of the claims that are being made about it are a bit over the top IMO.

I do appreciate the sarcasm Nag1, however is it a question of the dog getting a bad name, i.e. the individuals suspended temporarily! So based on past experience and opinions of reliable friends you are excusing what is inexcusable, why has the CCC done a u-turn then? The only lad that hasn't escaped is MD and that is questionable yet but he was wrong and does deserve his punishment under rule, whatever that is? As the old saying goes "Nothing stays secret in the GAA", the claims are not over the top, the only thing being claimed here is the Referee has allegedly lied on his report which has now been upheld by video evidence, and enough people have seen the report at this stage to quote chapter and verse. He was wrong, dishonest, and discriminatory, which he has made no secret of in the comfort of county meetings for his lack of patience when it comes to North Antrim. What is they say " Put a beggar on horseback....................."

I think the video was more to show what the refs reasons were for sending off the managers more than the players.  In the video JC asks him why MMS was sent off and his reply was "Just you go and join him, you can have 8 weeks aswell."
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2012, 08:35:43 AM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 26, 2012, 09:21:15 PM
Quote from: gelvis on June 26, 2012, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 26, 2012, 05:20:23 PM
I believe this is the wrong place to be discussing such topics. Move on.

Maybe if it was a one off occurrence, but he's been at it for years now.  I remember our chairman having a quiet word with the County Chairman a few years ago after a game in the city where he continuously gave ridiculous decisions.  And if what lonely1 says is true then it's amazing that he still gets appointed to ref Div1 games.  Not like the county are going to turn a referee away they way it is at the min, or that GNM (I think?) will turn him away and have no home games.   

They did it to Ray so Nag take a look at the video, Im sure it wont be long b4 utube has it up maybe, the Ref was wrong plain and simple and like any player or manager if it is proved he lied then he should be punished, he is not and should not be above the Rules of the association, the video I believe shows all pictures and voices!

What you on about MIBAG?

Nag1 I have continuously defended Referee's on this site and that will not change, however on this occasion TR has brought the whole role of the referee into disrepute, and should just go! His club should set the first example followed by the county, absolute disgrace what has gone on if what i am told is true, and I have no reason to doubt the level of information that I have been given. Happy to elaborate within reason if you need more detail.

CitySlicker11

Time to move on, big game for Antrim on Saturday, with all the mess that has went on over the last month or so, getting within 10 points of Limerick would be a massive success IMO. Lets give the men that wear the shirt on the day our respect and our support, also to the men on the line. At the end of the day they are the ones giving up their time for Antrim, and for the supporters, a performance is the least that we are owed. Here's hoping.

NAG1

Lads your picking me up wrong on this point, my reaction is first off to back and defend the referee from the information that I had. If there is information out there which disproves it then I am happy to hold my hands up and say so.

Point being that not everyone had seen this video or the report and yet were quick to be jumping on the band wagon. I am sure that the full truth will come out eventually. Referees more often than not land to a game on their own or with a couple of their umpires so I would rather defend them after an incident like this and wait to be proved wrong than castigate them from the very beginning when they have a thankless task to do in the first place.

Last Man

Quote from: NAG1 on June 28, 2012, 08:27:34 AM
Lads your picking me up wrong on this point, my reaction is first off to back and defend the referee from the information that I had. If there is information out there which disproves it then I am happy to hold my hands up and say so.

Point being that not everyone had seen this video or the report and yet were quick to be jumping on the band wagon. I am sure that the full truth will come out eventually. Referees more often than not land to a game on their own or with a couple of their umpires so I would rather defend them after an incident like this and wait to be proved wrong than castigate them from the very beginning when they have a thankless task to do in the first place.
Agreed on all of the above, not good to let personalities come in to it.

manballandall

Any truth that St Galls are managerless again ?

saffron89

sie anyword of the countess of antrim, hear it was changed

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on June 28, 2012, 08:53:20 PM
sie anyword of the countess of antrim, hear it was changed
Shamrocks 2-15 Cushendall 1-06
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

Any team news for tomorrow? team are away down tonight.

NAG1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 29, 2012, 10:30:13 PM
What's the spread?

14 Points, hard to call, I'd say that will be hard to beat. Draw +14    12/1 for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

6 loughgiel men starting. 2 scullions and James Campbell not starting. M.Herron not starting. All lg men wIll play at some stage.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north aontroim gael

Think Limerick will cover the 12 point spread with Ladbrokes.

Is PJ O'Mullan involved with Antrim?

AQMP

HT Limerick 5-07 Antrim 0-13.  Limerick scored 4 goals in first 10 mins.