Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler24

It does reflect on the referee.He admitted to lying about what MMS has said which just about sums up a dreadful performance by Terry Reilly.There was not a dirty slap in the game and then he just lost the plot!

Seamroga in exile

Portaferry have been awarded the points from the Ballycastle game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: gelvis on June 25, 2012, 07:37:19 PM
Bcastle suspensions out

MMS JC = nothing
PD = 4 weeks
MD = 1 year?

Seems a bit harsh on MD but hes had a few straight reds in the last couple of years, might have something to do with it.  Heard Portaferry's physio was going to attend the hearing to support MMS and JC about why they were told to leave the pitch.

I'd heard on saturday night that the Ballycastle management had been exonerated earlier on in the week. Original source was a wee left handed hurler, played in goals, corner back and corner forward in his day.

CitySlicker11

What exactly happened in that game that warrants a one year suspension from the GAA? Seems harsh on the lad, will there be an appeal along the lines of the Rasharkin appeal, aimed towards the ulster council. Or is this different because it is an individual and not a club?

NAG1

Attempting to assault an official in my book he is getting off lightly with a year.

lonely1

Quote from: NAG1 on June 26, 2012, 01:30:55 PM
Attempting to assault an official in my book he is getting off lightly with a year.

Totally agree Nag1, however this all seems to be because a Referee that has made his views continually clear in the safety of South Antrim/Belfast about North Antrim, its clubs and its committee and his hatred of all that is North Antrim decided that he was the one and the only at the game, the fact that he allegedly then lied about most of what went down and was prepared to let lads swing! Only the video of the game found him out gives major cause for concern, would you not agree? I think the County needs to look at sanctioning him, and he chairs the CHC, how can you go out to referee after you've  been found out to be a  liar!

NAG1

Of course I would agree that any referee should report the facts and the facts only in his report. That being said, the attempted attack on him was long before the report was even written, so we will just call these two completely seperate incidents.

The report which I havent seen, had nothing and I mean nothing to do with the attempted assualt on him and this should not be in some way be dragged through in a justifying manner.

If there was anything in the refs report which didnt transpire there may be a number of reasons for this and unless we are the individual himself we will never know this for sure. My view on it is that if someone was attempting to attack me or verbally abusing me I would not be defending them in any way in my report.

CitySlicker11

I believe this is the wrong place to be discussing such topics. Move on.

gelvis

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 26, 2012, 05:20:23 PM

Maybe if it was a one off occurrence, but he's been at it for years now.  I remember our chairman having a quiet word with the County Chairman a few years ago after a game in the city where he continuously gave ridiculous decisions.  And if what lonely1 says is true then it's amazing that he still gets appointed to ref Div1 games.  Not like the county are going to turn a referee away they way it is at the min, or that GNM (I think?) will turn him away and have no home games.   
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: gelvis on June 26, 2012, 05:45:22 PM

Maybe if it was a one off occurrence, but he's been at it for years now.  I remember our chairman having a quiet word with the County Chairman a few years ago after a game in the city where he continuously gave ridiculous decisions.  And if what lonely1 says is true then it's amazing that he still gets appointed to ref Div1 games.  Not like the county are going to turn a referee away they way it is at the min, or that GNM (I think?) will turn him away and have no home games.   

They did it to Ray so Nag take a look at the video, Im sure it wont be long b4 utube has it up maybe, the Ref was wrong plain and simple and like any player or manager if it is proved he lied then he should be punished, he is not and should not be above the Rules of the association, the video I believe shows all pictures and voices!

btdtgtt

So where is the right place?
This is a discussion forum - and that's exactly what's happening. People are offering opinions - its the basis of the board.
I take ur point there is a line in terms of slander or personal sensitive info but don't think that's what this is about.

NAG1

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 26, 2012, 09:21:15 PM
Quote from: gelvis on June 26, 2012, 05:45:22 PM

They did it to Ray so Nag take a look at the video, Im sure it wont be long b4 utube has it up maybe, the Ref was wrong plain and simple and like any player or manager if it is proved he lied then he should be punished, he is not and should not be above the Rules of the association, the video I believe shows all pictures and voices!

What you on about MIBAG?

lonely1

View Profile
        Personal Message (Online)

Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #17695 on: June 26, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »

Of course I would agree that any referee should report the facts and the facts only in his report. That being said, the attempted attack on him was long before the report was even written, so we will just call these two completely seperate incidents.

The report which I havent seen, had nothing and I mean nothing to do with the attempted assualt on him and this should not be in some way be dragged through in a justifying manner.

If there was anything in the refs report which didnt transpire there may be a number of reasons for this and unless we are the individual himself we will never know this for sure. My view on it is that if someone was attempting to attack me or verbally abusing me I would not be defending them in any way in my report.

Nag1 if you haven't viewed the report or seen the video and then proceed to go on about situations that didn't transpire what reasons or rational are you applying? The report seems to have been rubbished by video evidence and you seem to be missing the fact that the Referee has allegedly lied, and only for the video evidence a number of lads would be suspended for the rest of the year, now tell me what justice can those lads now expect from CCC or County Committee! Yes if a referee is attacked then bury anyone involved, absolutely 100% however if nothing occurred but in the mind of the referee who was prepared to see lads sacrificed then what action should be taken then, you are avoiding the elephant in the room, the report was complete BS it should go both ways should it not?

NAG1

Lonley1

My point was that I havent seen the video nor have I read the report like 99% if not 100% of the posters on here, so I am going on what I have been told by reliable people who were at the game. So my rational is that I am inclined to believe what I was told about the players involved in the incident and obviously this was reflected in the report to go by the suspensions handed down.

My second point was that no one can tell me without seeing the report that there was anything untoward about it. And without being the actual author of the report no one can tell, what his perceptions of the incident were, so to come on a make some of the claims that are being made about it are a bit over the top IMO.

lonely1

Quote from: NAG1 on June 27, 2012, 01:41:47 PM
Lonley1

My point was that I havent seen the video nor have I read the report like 99% if not 100% of the posters on here, so I am going on what I have been told by reliable people who were at the game. So my rational is that I am inclined to believe what I was told about the players involved in the incident and obviously this was reflected in the report to go by the suspensions handed down.

My second point was that no one can tell me without seeing the report that there was anything untoward about it. And without being the actual author of the report no one can tell, what his perceptions of the incident were, so to come on a make some of the claims that are being made about it are a bit over the top IMO.

I do appreciate the sarcasm Nag1, however is it a question of the dog getting a bad name, i.e. the individuals suspended temporarily! So based on past experience and opinions of reliable friends you are excusing what is inexcusable, why has the CCC done a u-turn then? The only lad that hasn't escaped is MD and that is questionable yet but he was wrong and does deserve his punishment under rule, whatever that is? As the old saying goes "Nothing stays secret in the GAA", the claims are not over the top, the only thing being claimed here is the Referee has allegedly lied on his report which has now been upheld by video evidence, and enough people have seen the report at this stage to quote chapter and verse. He was wrong, dishonest, and discriminatory, which he has made no secret of in the comfort of county meetings for his lack of patience when it comes to North Antrim. What is they say " Put a beggar on horseback....................."