Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 02:47:03 PM
I just feel sorry for the 5 LG men left behind, could they not go up and puck the balls back out or something  ;)
A couple of them are on the county u21 team.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

riddle_me_this

OK here goes
1) DD
2) A Graffin
3) N McGarry
4) K McGourty
5) N McAuley
6) M Scullion
7) J Campbell
8) Shorty/Barney
9) B McFall/J Scullion
10) P McGill
11) N McManus
12) E McCloskey
13) S McNaughton
14) K Stewart
15) L Watson

Midfield is anybodys really, hard one to call, interesting to see Brendan Herrons name in there too, another option maybe.
Let the bashing begin...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: riddle_me_this on June 18, 2012, 03:12:34 PM
OK here goes
1) DD
2) A Graffin
3) N McGarry Hippy?
4) K McGourty
5) N McAuley
6) M Scullion
7) J Campbell
8) Shorty/Barney Shorty
9) B McFall/J Scullion
10) P McGill Stewarty
11) N McManus
12) E McCloskey
13) S McNaughton
14) K StewartP.J. O'Connell
15) L Watson

Midfield is anybodys really, hard one to call, interesting to see Brendan Herrons name in there too, another option maybe.
Let the bashing begin...

Brendan was a cracking hurler when he played for Antrim on the half back line, not to the same standard now. Mainly due to playing football for Antrim for a period I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Brendan never touched ball against us. Not the player he was.

Aidan Gallagher deserves a shout although probably couldnt commit with the footballers

Karl wont feature this year for club or county

Have Ballycastle not got a few who deserve a shout considering their good performances recently ?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2012, 02:36:55 PM
One Dunloy man?????

Surely da fook they have better players on their team that are on that panel??

yeah they have but they are not intrested unfortunatley. i.e kevy molloy and shane dowds buts thats about it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
That panel looks about fair to me, funny though playing a trial game in June to pick a county panel. You seriously couldnt write it.

I'm playing midfield tonight for the Z'ds, so I hope Jim and the boys will be looking for more players  :o

:-\

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: manballandall on June 18, 2012, 04:33:02 PM
Brendan never touched ball against us. Not the player he was.

Aidan Gallagher deserves a shout although probably couldnt commit with the footballers

Karl wont feature this year for club or county

Have Ballycastle not got a few who deserve a shout considering their good performances recently ?

I would have thought young clarke, maybe he has been approached and declined

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 18, 2012, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
That panel looks about fair to me, funny though playing a trial game in June to pick a county panel. You seriously couldnt write it.

I'm playing midfield tonight for the Z'ds, so I hope Jim and the boys will be looking for more players  :o

:-\

Well that was a bollox of a night, went over in the rain to play a South Antrim cup match, rain was pretty consistant but not heavy, then eventually stopped and the sun started to show. The referee arrives in his trainers and (in an awaiting taxi!!) and declared that the pitch was unplayable!!, a bit of water on one patch, very slight in fairness and he bounced off the pitch and into the taxi that he told to wait as he was going to call match off!!!

If ever there was a case of someone wanting to watch a soccer match then this was it!!!! Hope Ireland get stuffed >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

That's shocking mr2!
Shameful over a meaningless soccer match.

Are u deliberately not naming the ref or his club? Fair enough.

Last Man

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 18, 2012, 08:45:41 PM
That's shocking mr2!
Shameful over a meaningless soccer match.

Are u deliberately not naming the ref or his club? Fair enough.

Look whether he was looking away to watch match or not I can't say for sure, but his taxi was sitting waiting on him was hilarious. Walked on to pitch in trainers hadn't even boots ffs!!

I'm not naming but its a very successful bar, I mean lower falls club ;)

I've hurled in worst conditions this year nevermind in my lifetime!!!

Seamroga in exile

Now now mr2, no criticising referees on the board. You'll have mibag on Yer case.    :o
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Does anyone actually know what happened in Ballycastle?
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

From what I have been told, one of the Ballycastle players was yellow carded - took exception this and continued verbally insulting the Ref, his brother then joined in and it ended up with both being Red carded. MMcS got involved at this point and one of the previously mentioned players had to be restrained from trying to get at the Ref.

The game was Abandoned with 58 mins played  :-\

btdtgtt

I imagine the Ref in question took alot of pleasure in abandoning the game and being the centre of attention - or is that all Refs?

On the other hand, given the Ray Matthews affair maybe the Refs are right to be zero tolerance once physically threatened.

What is for sure? It will be very interesting to see how the authorities handle the fallout!