Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Neilly and James weren't selected previously. Johnny and Joey went up to the training a couple of times and were less than impressed with a certain individual within the then set up. That's no longer an issue. Marty couldn't commit previously, he can now. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 18, 2012, 12:59:12 PM
If these Loughgiel lads come on board now you'd have to ask why they didn't commit before now? If they are coming out of loyalty to Jim Nelson they might as well stay at home, you either want to hurl for the county or you don't.

Excellent point.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

CitySlicker11

On the topic of county call ups for the Loughgiel lads, we should be happy to have our strongest players available, this is not normally the case. However after this season, and like most other seasons, these players who are huge rivals at club level will simply not hurl collectively together. It's a shame really because until that happens we will never know our true ability. Seems to have been an interesting weekend on the club scene, St Johns really beginning to struggle in Div 1, need to start combining decent performances with points. In Div 2 Glenariffe continuing to win hand enough, Rossa really beginning to pick up points and grinding out results, four wins in a row. Can see that one being a two horse race and the title being decided on their head to heads. Sarsfields still hanging in there also, hopefully St Galls stick together and pick up a few wins immediately.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2012, 08:42:52 AM
Apparently 5 more loughgiel players are being called up to the Antrim panel. Scully, Joey, Neill, Johnny and James Campbell.

Neil MC Garry the only player on this list that can cut it at this level, watched him in the feis cup v cushendall and was impressed how good he is going compared to two years ago. maybe johnny to if age and injury hasn't effected his pace. joey and martin have had stints in the pass and haven't impressed. why are they putting there names forward now, typical antrim stuff I'm only going to play on my own conditions including management,selectors etc. the best club hurler Ive seen during the league that's not in the antrim panel is Sean delargy. hes playing really well but i don't how he would go against a limerick forward at county level
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Last Man

Jim should be careful here, I have a fuzzy memory of S Elliotts stint in the job when Dunloy were flying, he pulled in a few extra Dunloy men but we didn't get the bounce we expected if i'm not mistaken.

riddle_me_this

Who is the source of this about new players from Loughgiel? Any more from any other clubs? Lets bare in mind we got beaten by westmeath, surely a few additions to the squad even if they are not all starters will be a positive move. I mean to say that Neilly McGarry is the only one you think would be worth putting forward out of an all ireland winning team is insane! I mean those other fellas have hurled at the highest level with their club and suceeded, how could you justify saying that any of those Loughgiel lads dont deserve a shot as much as some of the hurlers who are currently on the panel and have never experienced anything near that level. New manager, new panel, clean slate!

Seamroga in exile

I would think there'd be a few others from other clubs, 5 or 6 perhaps. I'd fancy all the loughgiel lads to start.

aontroim

The following players are asked to attend a Senior Hurling Trail game on Tuesday 19th June at UUJ  7PM  start

--
1 Joey Scullion Loughgiel
2 Neil Mc Garry Loughgiel
3 Johnny Campbell Loughgiel
4 Martin Scullion Loughgiel
5 James Campbell Loughgiel
6 Damien Quinn Loughgiel
7 Chris O'Connell Loughgiel
8 Barney  McAuley Loughgiel
9 Eddie McCloskey Loughgiel
10 Liam Watson Loughgiel
11 Paddy Mc Gill Cushendall
12 Paddy Mc Naughton Cushendall
13 Shane McNaughton Cushendall
14 Aaron Graffin Cushendall
15 Neil McManus Cushendall
16 Conor Carson Cushendall
17 Barry McFall St John's
18 Adrian Downey St John's
19 Colm McFall St John's
20 Conal Morgan St Johns
21 Neal McAuley Ballycastle
22 Cormac Donnelly Ballycastle
23 Brendan Herron Lamh Dhearg
24 Michael Herron Lamh Dhearg
25 Karl Stewart St Galls
26 Kieran McGourty St Galls
27 Seanan McToal Glenariffe
28 Michael Gettins Glenariffe
29 Mark Rea Sarsfields
30 Ciarnan Rea Sarsfields
31 Paul Shields Dunloy
32 John Kerr Rossa
33 Darren Hamill Shane O'Neill's
34 Sean McLaughlin Carey Faughs
35 P.J. O'Connell Clooney Gaels
36 Kevin Grieves St Agnes
37 Conor Mc Cann Creggan

Seamroga in exile

Don't say I didn't tell you.  ;D

Milltown Row2

One Dunloy man?????

Surely da fook they have better players on their team that are on that panel??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

riddle_me_this

OK thats better, now the fun starts..pick your team from that..

NAG1

That panel looks about fair to me, funny though playing a trial game in June to pick a county panel. You seriously couldnt write it.

riddle_me_this

I would have thought Kevin Molloy, James McKeague and Paddy Doc would have been worth a look..?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 02:40:07 PM
That panel looks about fair to me, funny though playing a trial game in June to pick a county panel. You seriously couldnt write it.

I'm playing midfield tonight for the Z'ds, so I hope Jim and the boys will be looking for more players  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

I just feel sorry for the 5 LG men left behind, could they not go up and puck the balls back out or something  ;)