Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on May 30, 2012, 11:57:19 PM
McCrory did not quit before the game. He left a day after the game. Wallace spent a large portion of training on tues night lying to the team saying McCrory quit before the game - untrue.
more or less what i was saying cornerback
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

optimus cheese

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 31, 2012, 12:04:52 AM
Save me the hassle then mr2?!

Add stjohns hurling + football and compare to Rossa hurling + football?
I assume no others close?

Is Karl back fit?

Didn't feature in their football game last night and wasn't kitted out. Kieran McGourty was though and moving about well

Jesusjones

You lot are quick to mis quote someone  :-X You missed the word "PROBABLY" Is anyone arguing that we are not favorites against St. Galls?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 31, 2012, 10:49:34 AM
You lot are quick to mis quote someone  :-X You missed the word "PROBABLY" Is anyone arguing that we are not favorites against St. Galls?

They meaning Ballycastle, would need to beat.........

You'll be 1/6 against us no doubt and a have a far better team available come championship. No surprise packet also. Ten point winners I'd say at Casement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Happy to come away with a one point win from Ballygalget yesterday evening.  :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 31, 2012, 12:45:13 PM
Happy to come away with a one point win from Ballygalget yesterday evening.  :)

A much improved performance from our lads but run out of steam and strength in depth to make a difference in the forwards in particular.

The county lads had played 3 games in 5 days and some of the others had played 3 games in 4 days.

In saying that we'd a chance right at the death to level it, alas it fell to the wrong Clarke, Liam instead of Eoin or Stevie!

CitySlicker11

How is young Toner getting on in Antrim Div 1 for Ballygalget Johhny? Excellent prospect.

johnneycool

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 31, 2012, 03:31:25 PM
How is young Toner getting on in Antrim Div 1 for Ballygalget Johhny? Excellent prospect.

Danny I presume? He's getting on OK, injured at the minute with ankle/ligaments injury picked up playing for the county.

Wee bollocks needed his arse booted last year, did ankle damage playing gaelic football for Saul just before the championship, shouldn't have started and was hauled ashore before half time. Not sure if he's done the same one this time.

The other Toner, Ben (cousin) is beset with injuries, bolloxed his knee last year and played very little because of it, got a shoulder injury in the ulster league vrs Cushendall and then got red carded on sunday. That'll give him plenty of time to work on his fitness over the coming month or so! Ben would be a good hurler if he'd wise up a bit, but alas youth is wasted on the young!

Jesusjones

Any predictions for tonight's U-21 semi finals? Should be 2 cracking games

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 02, 2012, 08:34:30 AM
Any predictions for tonight's U-21 semi finals? Should be 2 cracking games

Should both be close.

Have to go for Ballycastle in the first fingers crossed and Cushendall in the second but no final pair would be surprising
it is ballycastle/Loughgeil v Cushendall/ St Kevins

Tony Baloney

Town v Dall final then.

Jesusjones

Ballycastle put in a great performance against Loughgiel, I'd be worried about them in the final. Disappointed in St. Kevin's I was expecting a much tougher game.

BlackandAmber

jj your as bad as MR2  ;D

Ballycastle v Loughgeil was a odd game they mebbe canseled each other out a good bit. Good players on both teams but never really sparked into good hurling. A lot of hard work fom both sides andthe Town look like they can dig out a result espesially with gettin a man sent off with  10 minutes left. Deserved the red too. Cushendall looked a v good side. Good players playing well for each other. First half that No 14 (is that Carson somebody said) big hefty chap but he can move and laid off ball for other boys to take points the Dall looked much better team. Fair play St Kevins were 10 points down at half time and came out and turned things round for 15 minutes. Scored 1-3 to 0-0 in first part of second half. Some Dall boys got v rattled and were gwttin narky. TThen your N0 6 I think and your No 13 got a hold off things and youse got a couple of points and St Kevins faded a bit then. St Kevins had some real good players too but on last night you'd have to say Cushendall are favourites.

Jesusjones

HAHAHA, thats it started then. The full forward was Dominic Delargy, he had some game in fairness scored 1-3 himself and I'm sure set up another 4 or 5 as well. The number 6 is Paddy Burke, still a minor next year. 13 was Eoin Laverty. I wouldn't read much into our result, St. Kevin's were poor in my opinion and looked like a team that hadn't trained much together. Ballycastle knocked out Loughgiel who had a few all ireland winners in the team, surely they are favorites for the final? ;)

BlackandAmber

Your a bit harsh on St Kevins. Mebbe did'nt train together enough and mebbe not used to the focus that bein in a club like the Dall has right from underage. Some of those lads had v good skills and raised there game in the second half for a good while. How many of them Loughgeil boys are All Ireland winners? Thats a good one the Town are favourites because they beat a team that had AI winners  hahahaha Naw seriously the Dall looked a very very good side running off each other and reading the game well. I'd make them 5/6 point favourites.