Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: optimus cheese on May 30, 2012, 03:35:41 PM
Preliminary on June 23 or 1st round June 30. AFAIK six teams into the hat after games this weekend and luck of the draw as to what stage you join. Ironically, we could be further along than Westmeath on Sunday night

Aye was reading that, strange set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Have heard there have been a couple of walk aways from the camp

optimus cheese

Simon McCrory left I heard but not sure if any others

Fairhead

Quote from: NAG1 on May 30, 2012, 08:50:52 AM
How long have we been saying this about the Town now?

By we i presume you mean people outside Ballycastle because most of the people in the club know and have known for a number of years that its going to take a long time for the senior team to be really competitive again. Once the core of the team from the late 90's and early 2000's started to retire we didnt really threaten in the championship. Its only since 2009 that the team has become competitive in the championship again, apart from the one obvious exception last year. Remember a core group of the current L'giel players were over 26/27 when they won the championsip in 2010. Ballycastle arent anywherer near that age profile yet as a team. We are going in the right direction.

btdtgtt

When did bcastle last win the championship?
Is their drought similar to st johns?

I agree they have great tradition would be good to see the town challenge always big physical side and now some quality hurlers like that late 90s side and before. Interesting point on age profile I think club hurling late 20s early 30s is best rather than perhaps the younger profile of county teams.

saffron89

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 30, 2012, 10:40:58 PM
When did bcastle last win the championship?
Is their drought similar to st johns?

I agree they have great tradition would be good to see the town challenge always big physical side and now some quality hurlers like that late 90s side and before. Interesting point on age profile I think club hurling late 20s early 30s is best rather than perhaps the younger profile of county teams.

was it 1986 the town last delivered

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2012, 02:17:21 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on May 30, 2012, 12:35:53 PM
NAG the difference now is the town are starting to put in a few performances of note, in the space of a week they could and maybe should have beaten at least one of Cushendall or Loughgiel. I think in particular against Loughgiel the only reason they lost was poor shooting. Yes they have had good young players in the past who have failed to make the grade at senior level but the young fellas who are new onto the senior team this year are making waves. I thought Ciaran Clarke was excellent against both ourselves and Loughgiel, Saul Mc Caughan as well. Jennings didn't play against our seniors but against Loughgiel he made a contribution as well. They might not win the championship this year because they'll probably need to beat Dunloy then Cushendall and then Loughgiel and I can't see they doing that but they might well cause an upset or 2.

Tut tut :o
haha,  get it printed out and up on dressing room walls MR2 ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: optimus cheese on May 30, 2012, 03:48:22 PM
Simon McCrory left I heard but not sure if any others
i think Simon walking away is as much JW doing as simons,  heard simon was leaving for a break after county is finished.  Wallis announced before game that Simon was leaving.   :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 30, 2012, 11:23:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2012, 02:17:21 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on May 30, 2012, 12:35:53 PM
NAG the difference now is the town are starting to put in a few performances of note, in the space of a week they could and maybe should have beaten at least one of Cushendall or Loughgiel. I think in particular against Loughgiel the only reason they lost was poor shooting. Yes they have had good young players in the past who have failed to make the grade at senior level but the young fellas who are new onto the senior team this year are making waves. I thought Ciaran Clarke was excellent against both ourselves and Loughgiel, Saul Mc Caughan as well. Jennings didn't play against our seniors but against Loughgiel he made a contribution as well. They might not win the championship this year because they'll probably need to beat Dunloy then Cushendall and then Loughgiel and I can't see they doing that but they might well cause an upset or 2.

Tut tut :o
haha,  get it printed out and up on dressing room walls MR2 ;)

then Cushendall
Already done ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Checked county site. Town last win in 86 that's an eternity for such a club nobody knows that as much as them I am sure.

Didn't realise johnnies last win was 1973! God almighty!

Milltown Row2

They have had five doubles, Rossa 4, some record. Serious clubs if truth be told

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 30, 2012, 11:30:24 PM
Checked county site. Town last win in 86 that's an eternity for such a club nobody knows that as much as them I am sure.

Didn't realise johnnies last win was 1973! God almighty!
never know whats around corner,  like ourselves. never thought at time it would of been as long coming,   :-\   

CitySlicker11

No All Ireland on Shaws Rd or Whiterock Rd like your boys have though Milltown. Must hurt the bigger clubs....

CornerBackNo2

McCrory did not quit before the game. He left a day after the game. Wallace spent a large portion of training on tues night lying to the team saying McCrory quit before the game - untrue.

btdtgtt

Save me the hassle then mr2?!

Add stjohns hurling + football and compare to Rossa hurling + football?
I assume no others close?

Is Karl back fit?