Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandAmber

Quote from: saffron89 on May 28, 2012, 11:58:12 AM

Hear hippy and county finished after he got a 2 month ban which they will not appeal.  He did anyway and got it extended by a week. 

Could'nt blame him for that you would think your manager if he is'nt gonna back you would keep his mouth shut and not slag you off in the papers

BlackandAmber

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 28, 2012, 12:14:48 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on May 28, 2012, 08:56:12 AM
Some interesting results over the weekend, Ballycastle hurled well and had Loughgiel on the rack for long periods, the young lads they have introduced this year are doing the business. Ciaran Clarke, Saul Mc Caughan and Shane Jennings all did well and got scores. Handy wins for Cushendall and St. Johns but what happened to Dunloy????? The way things are going Ballycastle could well upset them come Championship.

the way things are going at the minute it will be an upset if we beat ballycastle

The Town have given the dall and loughgeil good gmaes in the last 2 weeks and Dunloy are lookin like they could be in a relegation fight but plenty games to go and thye'll know they have to raise there game. They'll be different in the championship.

NAG1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on May 28, 2012, 01:50:47 PM
Some interesting results over the weekend, Ballycastle hurled well and had Loughgiel on the rack for long periods, the young lads they have introduced this year are doing the business. Ciaran Clarke, Saul Mc Caughan and Shane Jennings all did well and got scores. Handy wins for Cushendall and St. Johns but what happened to Dunloy????? The way things are going Ballycastle could well upset them come Championship.

the way things are going at the minute it will be an upset if we beat ballycastle

The Town have given the dall and loughgeil good gmaes in the last 2 weeks and Dunloy are lookin like they could be in a relegation fight but plenty games to go and thye'll know they have to raise there game. They'll be different in the championship.

Giving a good game, getting beat and playing crap, getting beat still leaves you with no points either way last time I checked.

The top league has been a farce for the last few years, with very few competitive games in it, teams only play when it suits them to play and only put in the effort when its required.

The pace and intensity is no where near the level needed for championship pace.

NAG1

On the Hippy thing he would if he runs in to the playing area, when not even playing he is leaving himself open to some sort of ban. Cant blame the manager for that one.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on May 28, 2012, 02:40:56 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on May 28, 2012, 01:50:47 PM

Giving a good game, getting beat and playing crap, getting beat still leaves you with no points either way last time I checked.

The top league has been a farce for the last few years, with very few competitive games in it, teams only play when it suits them to play and only put in the effort when its required.

The pace and intensity is no where near the level needed for championship pace.

Pretty much what I said NAG

riddle_me_this

On the Ballycastle v Loughgiel game..Ballycastle will be happy with two close games in recent weeks, Loughgiel will be happy as they got another 2 points without much training done in recent weeks, everyone happy! I do believe that Ballycastle will be there abouts in c'ship. A narrow loss to Dunloy would be a distaster given the expectation they are now putting on themselves but a vistory could spring Ballycastles hurling forward a few years! A winning mentality gained from beating one of the big hitters in antrim over the past 2 decades would give a lot of hope for the future.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on May 28, 2012, 02:43:10 PM
On the Hippy thing he would if he runs in to the playing area, when not even playing he is leaving himself open to some sort of ban. Cant blame the manager for that one.

Not blamin the Wally for the ban itself but for slabberin in the paper.

NAG1

Yeah he shouldnt have opened his mouth the press, thought he might have learned from previous managers.

btdtgtt

Yes but can't help think Wallace snipe in paper was ab early parting shot! Expect a few more once we are put of the championship. Basically convincing big teams in south that it was all players and officialdom rather than him. Truth in both I suppose.

north_antrim_hound

hippys ban is antrims loss and his clubs gain, I think hes a real leader and maybe he shouldn't have went on to the pitch in mulllangar but he was going to back his own players. i thought hanley was on the pitch to, did anything come of that. I agree with all said here about wallace he hung him in the press when saying nothing would have been suffice. sure if Tommy Walsh boards someone across the legs and Cody is asked about it. He would say its a mans game. right or wrong if you cant back your players say nothing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

BlackandAmber

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 28, 2012, 05:55:30 PM
hippys ban is antrims loss and his clubs gain, I think hes a real leader and maybe he shouldn't have went on to the pitch in mulllangar but he was going to back his own players. i thought hanley was on the pitch to, did anything come of that. I agree with all said here about wallace he hung him in the press when saying nothing would have been suffice. sure if Tommy Walsh boards someone across the legs and Cody is asked about it. He would say its a mans game. right or wrong if you cant back your players say nothing

great post. thats totally right. he's still not 100% after his injury and he can get that right now and he is a leader and can make the  differnce in a tight game. The Wally can make do with young Carson. no harm to him I hope he does well but the Wally can crash and burn all the way back to Cork.

CitySlicker11

Great result for Sars last night though can't see them lasting the pace over the entire season. St Galls will not want to drop any more points over the next few games, how they react to this result will be very interesting. Rossa and Glenariffe match whenever that is refixed could be a huge one, really fancy the winner from this game to gain promotion.

btdtgtt

Ur getting as bad as me with city bias slicker!

There is nothing in results so far to suggest Rossa might beat Glenarrife and even if they did they are still several points off the pace.

Galls / oisins shootout no doubt - Rossa and sarsfields playing king makers.

CitySlicker11

A win for Rossa would leave them 1 point behind based on the table? Maybe I am wrong... I gave two teams one city, one from north antrim. Giving the large number of Belfast teams in div 2 it's hard not to.... St Galls will have distractions, Sars still lack a bit of experience at this level, and Rossa will not be distracted from their footballers because I believe they will be relegated from div 1.... I have just bitten your bullet??

manballandall

Rossa have as good as a chance as any of the 4 teams mentioned. The simple truth is that there is only a puck of a ball between any of the teams and if any team wins ALL their remaining matches there is a great possibility that they will win the league. However I can't see that happening and throw into the mix lambs, carey ot tir na nog causing an upset and this league will go down to the last day. Any particular reason why you think sarsfields won't last the full season?. They are young, fresh, eager, fit and have no fear. I have to disagree with you there and like MR2 think they will have a great shout in intermediate.