Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I didnt catch all the game tonight but in short galls were missing quite a few - but credit to sarsfields who put in a real shift. Very impressive. It's games like this that could cost galls when short players that may let Glenarrife top the table - unless the paddies pull it off! Fancied Glenarrife at the start - then galls - now Glenarrife again! Great league twisting and turning.

Lookin at division1 the down teams and St johns are not much above this if any.

lonely1

btdtgtt you dont seem to get to many games but always commenting, put the pints down and pay in the odd time it does work you know. Anyway murder on the dance floor at hannahstown town last night, TNO manager put off the pitch and all hell broke loose in with the supporters when he chinned Micko H , then it started back on the pitch 5 minutes later, fckn mahem! And yes i paid in £3 well worth it in the end, what a show!!!!!

Jesusjones

Some interesting results over the weekend, Ballycastle hurled well and had Loughgiel on the rack for long periods, the young lads they have introduced this year are doing the business. Ciaran Clarke, Saul Mc Caughan and Shane Jennings all did well and got scores. Handy wins for Cushendall and St. Johns but what happened to Dunloy????? The way things are going Ballycastle could well upset them come Championship.

johnneycool

Loughgiel Shamrocks    1-16    0-16    Mac Uilin CLG             
St John's GAC    0-22    2-8    St.Patricks, Portaferry
Ballygalget    0-13    1-21    Ruairí Óg    
Ballycran    4-18    1-12    Cuchullains-Dunloy

The Dall won at a canter yesterday evening, not really tested at all, in fact I don't think their keeper(s) had one save to make the whole hour.

We really didn't have any cutting edge and for some strange reason the only lad who was doing anything in the forwards, Caolan Baille was moved into full forward where he was starved off the ball and as he's a minor wasn't going to get much change out of Gaffin anyway. Our defence battled away gamely but were on a hiding to nothing as no sooner did they clear a ball, it was back up the field with interest. Only shining light we had was Baille and a young fella McGrath, also a minor did rightly on Carson and will learn from it.
Got a man rightly red carded for an off the ball pull, even if he believes he was on the receiving end first, he'll need to learn to bide his time as all good things come to those who wait. The ref did rightly but I thought he was a bit harsh on a Dall corner back with a yellow in the first half, for nothing that I could see and the same lad then ended up getting another yellow later on for a bit of a late pull.

We're supposed to have Loughgeil down on Wednesday night but with Down drawing against London with the replay this Saturday, I can see the Down management wanting that one moved yet again!

Milltown Row2

We were beat by a very good Sarsfield's team yesterday. Really impressed by them and Kevo has them fighting for every ball.

Number 12 (McKenna) knocked over some great points, very impressive.

No complaints from the boys in blue :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: lonely1 on May 28, 2012, 07:17:46 AM
btdtgtt you dont seem to get to many games but always commenting, put the pints down and pay in the odd time it does work you know. Anyway murder on the dance floor at hannahstown town last night, TNO manager put off the pitch and all hell broke loose in with the supporters when he chinned Micko H , then it started back on the pitch 5 minutes later, fckn mahem! And yes i paid in £3 well worth it in the end, what a show!!!!!

No idea where you got this from but maybe that's why you're lonely. I get to games everywhere every week.
I was there for the start of the game - paying in is no bother. I had to leave early for a BBQ - and yes I bought both drinks and food there too!
It would seem you are the one posting from a position of complete ignorance.

Mr2 - where do you think the Paddies will finish?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 28, 2012, 09:27:20 AM

Mr2 - where do you think the Paddies will finish?

Strong at home so expect them to pick up majority of their points at home, also with the div littered with Belfast teams they will also do well at a few venues there. Top 3 team. Before tonight we had the best defence. They scored 16 scores to our 9 scores, tells its own story.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

So then MR2;

1&2) Glenariife / Galls
3) Sarsfields
4/5/6) Lambs Rossa Carey
7) Randalstown
8 ) Gort

Do you think that's a fair prediction?

Seems likely to me - I wonder what will be saying in Sept/Oct!

How do you (and others) compare the top Div2 teams with the Ards sides and St Johns?
I think they are close - bu the difference is that the Div1 teams are more effective and getting stronger sides out through the course of the season - thats what league hurling is about, as opposed to championship - think Galls showed this last year.

maxpower

Ballycran tore Dunloy apart in a devastating 7/8 minute spell in the first half.  Game had been nip and tuck when Ballycran blasted something like 3-3 without reply.  Game over before half time.  Very disappointing performance from Dunloy, showed very little fight or resolve after the break and have alot of questions to answer now!
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 28, 2012, 10:10:12 AM
So then MR2;

1&2) Glenariife / Galls
3) Sarsfields
4/5/6) Lambs Rossa Carey
7) Randalstown
8) Gort

Do you think that's a fair prediction?

Seems likely to me - I wonder what will be saying in Sept/Oct!

How do you (and others) compare the top Div2 teams with the Ards sides and St Johns?
I think they are close - bu the difference is that the Div1 teams are more effective and getting stronger sides out through the course of the season - thats what league hurling is about, as opposed to championship - think Galls showed this last year.

Top 3 so any position in there. Rossa still in the mix, though depends on how they do down in Glenariffe. Lamhs beat again so they will need to re group and get ready for Championship.

Sarsfields could be the surprise packet in the Intermed Championship. Small panel but if they are all fit I'd say they would give it a real rattle

manballandall

I believe Rossa have got their house in order again and could well have a say in where the league title goes.

Results between Rossa, Glenariff, Sarsfields and st galls will decide where the league goes and I would say each team will have points taken off them by someone so goal difference who could have a major say come the last day.

btdtgtt

manandball - intersting I agree with you the results between these teams will decide the title - but I dont see Rossa figuring.
They fail too often to get their numbers out. Who is picking up the pieces after McCullough?

For me its still Galls/Oisins but great to see Sarsfields in the mix - they could be king-makers with Rossa alright but neither contesting promotion really.

I will say it again - great league! And how do you think these sides compare to Ards + Johnnies?

btdtgtt

Fair play HS - I recall them picking up the pieces before no? For St Johns in Championship no less.
Should steady the ship and get respectability into league standing but I think it's too late for Rossa - will drop more points without strongest team lining out.

saffron89

greeting followers.  SIE to explain, joined bredagh since living in belfast the past 5 years. But always been a saffron man and still am.  Though little to cheer about.  Thankyou MR2 for your compliments.

Bad result for you last nite.  Agree with btgtt that it is a very competitive league and now oisins would be favourites.  will have to get up to see a sars game, was impressed with we light corner forward mckernan in u21 campaign last year.  This fine form must be continuing.  Reckon if Oisins beat Galls at home and Paddies away they will have it in the bag.  Though the RASSA might have something to say yet.

Hear hippy and county finished after he got a 2 month ban which they will not appeal.  He did anyway and got it extended by a week.  Now a few unsavoury gentlemen are trying to have a ballycastle county issue.  Ballycastle really fancy a shot at the championship over the next couple of years.  No time like the present.

As for the Down leagues, they are dire, Down hurling is in a bad way, despite Christy ring performances papering over the cracks. Despite the crans vgood result i feel that hurling is in a bad way in the ards.

Antrim senior set up is getting a little hairy, though maybe with all the high profile departures  things might settle down.  Just hope a bit of maturity is shown with the Ballycastle situation

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 28, 2012, 08:56:12 AM
Some interesting results over the weekend, Ballycastle hurled well and had Loughgiel on the rack for long periods, the young lads they have introduced this year are doing the business. Ciaran Clarke, Saul Mc Caughan and Shane Jennings all did well and got scores. Handy wins for Cushendall and St. Johns but what happened to Dunloy????? The way things are going Ballycastle could well upset them come Championship.

the way things are going at the minute it will be an upset if we beat ballycastle
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets