Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 25, 2012, 11:02:38 PM
.He is a divisive figure who asked the Cushendall contingent to totally ignore, and indeed, "get stuck into"  the Loughgiel fellas on their return to the county panel after their ai win.

I agree that with posters that Sambo is a "ME ME" man. Can't believe whats said above even so.

The colonel said
QuoteAs regards to the fight with Watson and not backing him up. It was completely off the ball and not many would have seen it. Deliberate tactic by WM. As soon as it was noticed Hippy, Shane and McFall were straight onto the scene

If Sambo had said that about Loughgeil surely his own son would'nt have got involved defending Watson and that also shows maybe Loughgeil paranoia is wrong. First boys to defend Watson was a Ballycastle man a Cushendall man and a St Johns man

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 25, 2012, 08:54:38 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on May 25, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
How do we see the weekends matches going? You could argue they are all hard to call this week, Cushendall away to Ballygalget, Dunloy away to Ballycran. St. Johns V Portaferry is 50/50 and I suppose the big question is, after a strong showing against Cushendall can Ballycastle give Loughgiel a game?
Dall by 7 or 8.
Dunloy by a similar amount.
Johnnies against Portaferry will be close, I'll give the nod to ST Johns because of home advantage. Johnnies by a couple.
Shamrocks by 5

Would agree with them predictions all right. If the Town can keep the shams to 5 thats not a bad result. Is it right that Hippy came on the second half last week and played centre forward?

BlackandAmber

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2012, 12:13:20 PM
Came on for who?

for Ballycastle in the game with Cushendall

Milltown Row2

This is getting ridiculous, are we going to pick on anyone now? We could have a pop at any club and any person from that club. Some club more than others but there is enough dirt out there to throw about (true or not).

Sambo stepped down cited his reasons and that's that. No one died.

Would love to see a hurling match between the posters (Antrim ones) on this site, a seven a side, be some craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Would love to see a hurling match between the posters (Antrim ones) on this site, a seven a side, be some craic

Sambo and Dick the two mentors.

SIE and Buskwhacker the two captains. Nothing beats confidence and belief.

County board moderator as referee.

Let me know when and where and I'll dust down the cloak of anonymity.

maxpower

Can we get discussing hurling again anytime soon and forget about this constant potshotting at other prominent Gaels, gotten ridiculous in the last few months!

Ballycastle Loughgiel looks the game of the weekend especially given the towns good showing against the dall, wouldn't be at all surprised if Ballycastle turn them over, wouldn't be that much between the sides anyway and if Loughgiel are still resting one or two!

We are away to Ballycran, wee tight field is alway difficult to come away from with the points, fully expect a battle and we'll take any sort of win if we can get it!

Cushendall should be to strong for Ballygalget, they seemed to be missing a few against us last week and unless they get them back they could really struggle this year!
What happens next????

eoinbeag

This is getting ridiculous, are we going to pick on anyone now? We could have a pop at any club and any person from that club. Some club more than others but there is enough dirt out there to throw about (true or not).

Sambo stepped down cited his reasons and that's that. No one died.

Minder marking kevin mcgourty? Clash of the titans!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maxpower on May 26, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
Can we get discussing hurling again anytime soon and forget about this constant potshotting at other prominent Gaels, gotten ridiculous in the last few months!

Ballycastle Loughgiel looks the game of the weekend especially given the towns good showing against the dall, wouldn't be at all surprised if Ballycastle turn them over, wouldn't be that much between the sides anyway and if Loughgiel are still resting one or two!

We are away to Ballycran, wee tight field is alway difficult to come away from with the points, fully expect a battle and we'll take any sort of win if we can get it!

Cushendall should be to strong for Ballygalget, they seemed to be missing a few against us last week and unless they get them back they could really struggle this year!
How many jibes against Loughgiel can you get in one post?!

auld stock

SIE maybe all you say about sambo is true but dont start telling anyone that he or anyone else for that matter is a more divisive figure than your own son of god. talk about me me me. even the dogs in the street know that dick o kane left he county set up because of the vile comments made by your man  personally about dick and anything else dunloy related. when dick brought it to wallis attention he was told that wallis would take no action. fairly hippocritical if you ask me considering that wallis left dinny cahills back room team because none other that "our boy" himself got found out placing a handsome wager on himself to be first man booked against cork. after scoring 6 points from play he duly obliged with a sending off. when wallis confronted dinny he was told nothing more would be done so he left. i dont know why everyone has been avoiding this issue when dick left. throw in the fact that wallis only gameplan last week was that if "our boy" cant win it for us we cant win it, then no big surprise in the result. bottom line is that the man is without doubt  the most gifted hurler to ever come out of antrim but he and he alone is the divisive figure in the changing room and his antics over his gambling windfall added to his social network postings on dunloy are the cause of ALL the friction. he should be sent packing & told never to return. before you slate me for anti shammrockness i'll also say the shammrocks dont need him anymore as they have a 6 forward unit capable of beating any team. ps. anyone doubting his facebook claims go on & read his comments this week that he would have hammered the west meath manager on sunday when the scuffle broke out if he could have got hold of him. absolutely priceless stuff. all i can say if he is a treasure, then keep him over the mountain. total disgrace

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on May 26, 2012, 06:22:27 PM

I want the 14 Jersey, like the old days.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

read the last few pages there, lot of slabbering, this site will have no bother breaking the 4000 barrier by year end. 

Sambo is off course feathering his own nest, however he has contributed alot as a hurler, though that sending off he recieved still terrible.  should have been made serve the other year. 

As a manager, well !!!!! his record is certainly there to be shot at, at both club and county.  Certainly most others with his club record would have struggled to get the amount of county jobs.

Am surprised if his comments about the shams are true/  If so, it is a massive black mark.  As for Dick ???? don't really know him, good hurler but again if he can#t gel a group better or be big enough to congratulate and keep the head down.

Worried about direction Jerry taking us in, but maybe a total clean out could help. 

AS for the Shams still would like to think Scully, and the rest of the boys should be big enough to put their name forward for county no matter who the manager is.  Its Antrim they are playing for, not the manager.

Is O'Connell still up with the county ? hear the glenariff man is the number 2.
Still think Barney too slow for it SIE

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 26, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

more like 15 or 13 SIE. before the oul knee problems

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: auld stock on May 26, 2012, 08:23:26 PM
SIE maybe all you say about sambo is true but dont start telling anyone that he or anyone else for that matter is a more divisive figure than your own son of god. talk about me me me. even the dogs in the street know that dick o kane left he county set up because of the vile comments made by your man  personally about dick and anything else dunloy related. when dick brought it to wallis attention he was told that wallis would take no action. fairly hippocritical if you ask me considering that wallis left dinny cahills back room team because none other that "our boy" himself got found out placing a handsome wager on himself to be first man booked against cork. after scoring 6 points from play he duly obliged with a sending off. when wallis confronted dinny he was told nothing more would be done so he left. i dont know why everyone has been avoiding this issue when dick left. throw in the fact that wallis only gameplan last week was that if "our boy" cant win it for us we cant win it, then no big surprise in the result. bottom line is that the man is without doubt  the most gifted hurler to ever come out of antrim but he and he alone is the divisive figure in the changing room and his antics over his gambling windfall added to his social network postings on dunloy are the cause of ALL the friction. he should be sent packing & told never to return. before you slate me for anti shammrockness i'll also say the shammrocks dont need him anymore as they have a 6 forward unit capable of beating any team. ps. anyone doubting his facebook claims go on & read his comments this week that he would have hammered the west meath manager on sunday when the scuffle broke out if he could have got hold of him. absolutely priceless stuff. all i can say if he is a treasure, then keep him over the mountain. total disgrace
I'm not going to defend anything that Winker says or does, not my bag, as the saying goes. I personally have never had any problems with him. In fact, I like the lad. I've watched him playing from he was a teenager and we "over the mountain" always knew how good he was, some on here doubted it. He'd do well to stop publishing such shit stirring stuff on FB or elsewhere and get on with what he does best, hurling.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on May 26, 2012, 10:10:02 PM
read the last few pages there, lot of slabbering, this site will have no bother breaking the 4000 barrier by year end. 

Sambo is off course feathering his own nest, however he has contributed alot as a hurler, though that sending off he recieved still terrible.  should have been made serve the other year. 

As a manager, well !!!!! his record is certainly there to be shot at, at both club and county.  Certainly most others with his club record would have struggled to get the amount of county jobs.

Am surprised if his comments about the shams are true/  If so, it is a massive black mark.  As for Dick ???? don't really know him, good hurler but again if he can#t gel a group better or be big enough to congratulate and keep the head down.

Worried about direction Jerry taking us in, but maybe a total clean out could help. 

AS for the Shams still would like to think Scully, and the rest of the boys should be big enough to put their name forward for county no matter who the manager is.  Its Antrim they are playing for, not the manager.

Is O'Connell still up with the county ? hear the glenariff man is the number 2.
Still think Barney too slow for it SIE
He's been hurling and training non stop for 2 years. He still has moments that make him stand out from the rest. He probably could do with a rest to be honest.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on May 26, 2012, 10:11:20 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 26, 2012, 10:07:12 PM

more like 15 or 13 SIE. before the oul knee problems
;D  Nothing wrong with my knees, my main problem was my lack of ability.  And always no. 14.