Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on May 24, 2012, 09:03:13 AM
Lads he is our top player and probably will be for a few years, but there is nothing wrong with the manager getting in his face and saying, 'win the ball and play it in'
Inter county hurling is no place for the show boating that he gets away with in club hurling. How many time have we all watched him line up an opposing club player run directly at him and fall down, ref gives a free job done. These types of frees are not given at IC level.

May be a bit of inexperience but this is where again I would look to a manager to coach this out of him.
110% agree.  and it goes for all the players.  plus, i do think if NMM was played in one position by his club it would help him and the county.     
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

would also like to see cormac at number 6 which would allow Neil to play at 11, this gives him the chance to do what he likes best, make the back pages

Milltown Row2

Better in back pages than in front pages  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Looking forward to getting my Gaelic Life after work tomorrow. I hear the new St Galls manager is setting his stall out.

Sleeping giant

lol ;D    didn't mean that in bad way.  IMO he is better forward than back.  serious goal threat. found this out the hard way ???

CitySlicker11

Lets try and move off the Neil McManus topic here lads, not nice to be singling out one player, even if a lot of it has been positive stuff. Any news on any of the clubs loosing players to the USA this summer? Normally a good talking point around this time of year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 25, 2012, 12:06:23 AM
Looking forward to getting my Gaelic Life after work tomorrow. I hear the new St Galls manager is setting his stall out.

Bound to be some good sound bites. I wonder will he be talking his team up?

Tony you have some inside track  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

How do we see the weekends matches going? You could argue they are all hard to call this week, Cushendall away to Ballygalget, Dunloy away to Ballycran. St. Johns V Portaferry is 50/50 and I suppose the big question is, after a strong showing against Cushendall can Ballycastle give Loughgiel a game?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 25, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
How do we see the weekends matches going? You could argue they are all hard to call this week, Cushendall away to Ballygalget, Dunloy away to Ballycran. St. Johns V Portaferry is 50/50 and I suppose the big question is, after a strong showing against Cushendall can Ballycastle give Loughgiel a game?
Dall by 7 or 8.
Dunloy by a similar amount.
Johnnies against Portaferry will be close, I'll give the nod to ST Johns because of home advantage. Johnnies by a couple.
Shamrocks by 5
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

From Hoganstand

Terence McNaughton has walked away from his role as Antrim senior hurling selector.

'Sambo' stepped down in the wake of the Glensmens' shock 0-14 to 0-12 Leinster SHC defeat to 14-man Westmeath at Mullingar last weekend.

That result represented a massive setback for Jerry Wallace's team, who were hoping to build on the feelgood factor that had been injected into Antrim hurling by Loughgiel's All-Ireland club success two months earlier.

Cushendall clubman McNaughton is himself a former Antrim manager and his son Shane is one of the star players on the current team. He cited other commitments as his reason for stepping aside.
the difference between success and failure is energy

optimus cheese

WTF is really going on? So the management team is now just Jerry and Collie McFall?

btdtgtt

OK here goes then;

Dall to beat Galget
Shamrocks to beat Town
Johns to beat Pferry]
Dunloy to beat Cran (possible upset)

On the subject of Sambo - I am not sorry to see him go!
And I think it is a mark of the man that he has jumped ship mid-championship!
Sorry to be harsh but I think Sambo has issues - that is that he believes himself to be the main man, in front of even the players. I think he has departed simply becasue of his perceived reputation of himself. He wanted to be involved for his profile, but now things have gone sour he wants to jump ship rather than be tarnished further.
Sorry if thats harsh on your club man Colonel but that's my reading of him. Much better men through the Ruairi Og club.

Otherwise - Antrim oh Antrim - we really cant seem to keep much together! Constantly shooting ourselves in the foot!
I wonder what Dinny thinks of all this!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2012, 10:16:25 AM
OK here goes then;

Dall to beat Galget
Shamrocks to beat Town
Johns to beat Pferry]

Sorry to be harsh but I think Sambo has issues - that is that he believes himself to be the main man, in front of even the players. I think he has departed simply becasue of his perceived reputation of himself. He wanted to be involved for his profile, but now things have gone sour he wants to jump ship rather than be tarnished further.
Sorry if thats harsh on your club man Colonel but that's my reading of him. Much better men through the Ruairi Og club.

Otherwise - Antrim oh Antrim - we really cant seem to keep much together! Constantly shooting ourselves in the foot!
I'm not surprised he's left...as discussed before on here Jerry is the main man & doesnt take any advice on board. Sambo's main focus this year is with the county Minors & Jerry knew that hence Sambo not being there all the time.

the colonel

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2012, 10:16:25 AM
OK here goes then;

Dall to beat Galget
Shamrocks to beat Town
Johns to beat Pferry]

I'm gonna have to defend Sambo here, his priority is the county minors, he spends enough time with them, also has irregular working hours with his role as hurling coach with Moyle Council. He went to work alongside JW as he felt he could learn something, and it was not all about him. How many men would have went back to take lesser role at the request of the current manager? If you are making journeys to Mullingar, Clare, Laois etc you would like to think that the man who asked you to come along would be decent enough to value your input? It is well noted that Dick left because he had no input. I don't know Jerry Wallace, and I'm sure not many on here do either but I no Sambo well and his heart is in the right place.

Another thing, why was Hippy Maor Foirne at the weekend? This is not about Hippy but why wasn't Sambo or Colly given that role. Quite disrespectful in my opinion to those pair and having to watch Sambo take the Maor Foirne jacket from Hippy in the stand was a bit embarrassing.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Buswhacker

Antrim hurling at county level never seems a happy place,always some crisis or another.