Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 22, 2012, 09:43:25 AM
I think we're all agreed that the return of the Shamrocks was detrimental

I don't think this at all. I'm not quite sure I understand why other people do either. What backs this theory up - because it is believed that people didn't run in quick enough to defend Liam Watson in a schemuzzle?

We beat Wexford and struggled to a win against Laois in the league prior to Loughgiel boys being there - it wasn't like we had great form previous to them coming in.

We haven't been great this year at all - with or without Loughgiel players.

btdtgtt

I am definitely not referring to people defending (or not) Watson - not particulalry the results which I agree where never great.

But several posters here (including myself) have spoken to county panel members and the feedback has been that there was some friction when the Loughiel boys returned. Again, I am not putting blame on either side here but the fact seems to be that morale and cohesion suffered.

NAG1

Is this not the exact type of thing that a manager is there for, to create a sense of team unity and purpose and to foster togetherness in pursuit of a common goal?

Two Hands FFS

Well if the manager doesn't come into the changing room after the match that doesn't help things..big training session tonight. Interesting what the players reaction is. They need to take a look at themselves.

btdtgtt

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 22, 2012, 09:43:25 AM
Yes I agree - it's very much a case of looking at the best players at your disposal and then deciding on the gameplan / tactics.
The old saying you have to cut your cloth accordingly etc.

If Wallace thought he could bring in the Cork mantra in Antrim it is not the case.

I think we're all agreed that the return of the Shamrocks was detrimental - again whether that may be becasue of their attitude or others jealousy is irrelevant - it's up to Wallace to manage this!Perhaps two major failings which as someone else suggested - the difference between a coach and a manager?

That said, I have just fallen into the trap which i hate - blaming management!
For me when any team loses they have got to look at themselves first. From what I can gather this team have let the everyone down both on and off the pitch.

I read the article from the Examiner blog also - fair points.
If this is true then maybe we (myself included) have got to accept this as our level. We would have to accept that Westmeath / Carlow / Laois is our level?

Time will tell I suppose!

Manager's Role? Yes NAG thats the point I made.

But I also agree with 2Hands FFS - players need to look at themselves also.

NAG1

Dont get me wrong if the players dont perform then that's their responsibility but its up to the manager to create and atmosphere and feeling around the squad to make them want to perform and make them want to play well for each other etc.

johnneycool

At the same time players need to leave their personal and club baggage at the gate when they pull on the county jersey. If a player can't do that then you're better off without them for the betterment of the squad.

In a group of 30 odd lads there'll always be a few takers, i.e. negative buggers who do nothing but whine, this isn't good enough, this is shite etc. They need kept to a minimum IMO

Yeah

Id say there will be some dust ups at training this week between players and management! Is your boy Wallace still in charge?
Gods Country= Glenshesk, North Antrim!!

NAG1

Quote from: Yeah on May 22, 2012, 02:25:04 PM
Id say there will be some dust ups at training this week between players and management! Is your boy Wallace still in charge?

Amazing  ::)

btdtgtt

Hardstation I see on the Antrim website your boys would be needing a private jet to put in the miles this Sunday!
I think naomh gall are disappointed there goes any chance of upset MR2?

Milltown Row2

We can only worry about Sarsfields on Sunday, we also need a jet. Glenariffe hard to beat at home so would only expect shake up in Belfast. Bit early though for league talks.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Onthehill

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 22, 2012, 11:21:51 AM
Well if the manager doesn't come into the changing room after the match that doesn't help things..big training session tonight. Interesting what the players reaction is. They need to take a look at themselves.

It is not the sign of a good leader/manager when you cant face your troops after a defeat.  Would love to be a fly on the goal post at tonights county training.

Ps Did anyone read the small section in todays Irish news.  Cant see Hippy being very happy with this...Wallace hung him out to dry!

saffron89

reckon if carey were fit to be the paddies then no problem for an under strength st galls who are slight favourites now for league

saffron89

Quote from: Onthehill on May 22, 2012, 10:22:27 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 22, 2012, 11:21:51 AM

It is not the sign of a good leader/manager when you cant face your troops after a defeat.  Would love to be a fly on the goal post at tonights county training.

Ps Did anyone read the small section in todays Irish news.  Cant see Hippy being very happy with this...Wallace hung him out to dry!

missed that one, what was it about ????

btdtgtt

OnTheHill what did Wallace say in the Irish news about hippy?

I mean his hurling is on a par with the top counties and hd is genuinely injured!