Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 01, 2012, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 10:12:36 AM
Totaly agree with minder

We are also chasing promotion and as far as I am aware we are playing on Sunday.

We are the only county that attempts to have county players available for all league games. Sometimes we have to play without.

We havent had our best 15 at all this year so far due to injury and we are just getting on with it.
Are you saying that as a Glenariffe supporter? You have 2 county players. Playing a team with 2 county players. Galls have a good few playing a team with one. That's a huge disadvantage

The matches should be moved if a club request it.

I'm saying that as a Glenariffe supporter.

We are loosing our goalkeeper and have no replacment.

it the second club agrees to the refix then there is no problem. Its up to the clubs to agree a new date.

If you have problems with how the fixtures are being organised do something about it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 10:25:03 AM
What other way is ther to do it without playing league games during the winter

Look I really have no problem playing the match, would rather have the full availability of the panel, what balloon wouldn't? My problem is that the County created a set of fixtures which I have no doubt was given to the county managers, the county managers then have arranged a training weekend (which I think is important also for development) on a date that we have club games, It's a no brainer, surely it could be done when there was a set of football fixtures. Am I the only one who sees this?

Ok I'm starting to irritate myself with this, rant over :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 10:36:28 AM

Look I really have no problem playing the match, would rather have the full availability of the panel, what balloon wouldn't? My problem is that the County created a set of fixtures which I have no doubt was given to the county managers, the county managers then have arranged a training weekend (which I think is important also for development) on a date that we have club games, It's a no brainer, surely it could be done when there was a set of football fixtures. Am I the only one who sees this?

I agree it could have been handled better but for the county to develop they need these training games.

You have a big enough squad with some good young players this is a good chance to develop them

Two Hands FFS

Listen Oisin if you had 5/6 players on the county panel you wouldn't be saying that. As MR2 says the fixtures where set out in advance & they could have been moved if it was known that the county panel were going to KK.

This argument about playing without county players is a pile of shite. Who gives a f**k what they do in other counties.

By the way I don't mind the panel going to KK.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 10:36:28 AM

I agree it could have been handled better but for the county to develop they need these training games.

You have a big enough squad with some good young players this is a good chance to develop them

We do and we managed to play without 5 of the players that played against your team the other week, Makers, Karl, the ff and hf and midfielder against Carey and managed a good enough win. Played two new debutants so it's not as if we don't play fringe players.

I've said already, I don't mind them going
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 01, 2012, 10:52:03 AM
Listen Oisin if you had 5/6 players on the county panel you wouldn't be saying that. As MR2 says the fixtures where set out in advance & they could have been moved if it was known that the county panel were going to KK.

This argument about playing without county players is a pile of shite. Who gives a f**k what they do in other counties.

We dont have 6 players on the panel

loughguile has 6 players on the panel and not one of them are on here complaining.

Thats why we all have a squad of players. You will be lucky to have the same starting 15 two or 3 games in a row

If people are concerned with loosing there players to the county they they need to come up with an alternative and pupose it at congress.

Nothing will be achived complaining about if on a forum.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 10:14:34 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 01, 2012, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 10:02:21 AM
Trying, but you still have to go through ccc, football games/ county training during week also, bit of a mess. Caused by the county who are trying to promote Gaelic games!! :o

Play the game as fixed, give your fringe players a chance.

We probably will but this isn't a the correct way to do it, surely you agree with that?

What I mean is St Galls play the game as fixed and we will get ours moved.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 11:03:54 AM

loughguile has 6 players on the panel and not one of them are on here complaining.

Thats why we all have a squad of players. You will be lucky to have the same starting 15 two or 3 games in a row

If people are concerned with loosing there players to the county they they need to come up with an alternative and pupose it at congress.

Nothing will be achived complaining about if on a forum.I
The fixtures are set out at the start of the season agreed by the clubs, the county managers & the CCC to make sure the fixtures are played with county players.

Some teams can afford to play without county players..some can't.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on May 01, 2012, 11:17:26 AM
Trying, but you still have to go through ccc, football games/ county training during week also, bit of a mess. Caused by the county who are trying to promote Gaelic games!! :o

We probably will but this isn't a the correct way to do it, surely you agree with that?

:o :o

Antrim2011

Is the next round of the Under 21 championship on Monday 7th May?

are you allowed to play minors on the under 21 team

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 11:32:24 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 01, 2012, 11:17:26 AM

:o :o

It's a f**king joke, it would have been a good opportunity for us to put the upstart Paddies in their place, with a full squad but it could go either way if both of our fellas aren't there. They historically travel very badly to the seaside.

As Two Hands said some teams can afford to be without county players and some can't, we (like St Galls I would imagine) can't afford to be without anyone never mind our best player.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 01, 2012, 11:28:54 AM

The fixtures are set out at the start of the season agreed by the clubs, the county managers & the CCC to make sure the fixtures are played with county players.

So you would rather see your club do well rather than the Country

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 01, 2012, 11:28:54 AM

So you would rather see your club do well rather than the Country
Club over Country..club..sure it's only the shinty
Club v county...club every day..most people are the same

I still would like Antrim to win..my problem is with the arseholes on the county board/website who think its ok to play games without county players.. These weekend games should be moved.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Antrim2011 on May 01, 2012, 11:33:59 AM
Is the next round of the Under 21 championship on Monday 7th May?

are you allowed to play minors on the under 21 team
As far as I know the quarter finals are on next Monday evening.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Antrim website has the under 21 quarter finals on Monday 7th May

Cushendall  v  Dunloy

Rossa  v  Ballycastle

Loughgeil v Rasharkin

Carey(St Kevins)  v  St Johns

Loughgeil gettin the easy draw again  :o