Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2012, 03:11:00 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 23, 2012, 02:38:11 PM
Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 01:39:39 PM
Biggest game of the weekend ended in a draw in milltown. Some strokes bordering on assault. When did the glens men become hard men?

Interesting comment given your username  ;)

Both sides were at it...take the blinkers off.

manballandall - Are you certain you were at the game?
Do we have to go over this again Minder ? Do you really think im making this up ?
Arthur as you well notice my username has the word "ball" in it...didnt see too many oisins looking for a ball yesterday...just my opinion obviously

Are you sure you were at the game.

If you say that about some of our players the same can be said for a few of yours.

Some of the challanges with mistimed including Docs second yellow card. I can only think of one dirty stroke and that was by one of our own players in the first half

ManInBlackandGreen

Lads for Christs sake give Hugh a break, we cant get Referee's at the minute, and EH has jacked it in as far as antrim is concerned over the Dunloy v Shams game! he's an excellent ref and a big loss to us here, too few hurling refs around, herbie I hear is out for the season also, Jesus be thankful you have somebody there at all.

btdtgtt

Torney was not great but the players didn't help either. Fine line between what hard pull and reckless. I think that's why southerners use their bodies much more in tackle it takes that whole element out.
Mibag I understand ur point but I watch more div2 games than div1 and outside of the few good'uns unfortunately the standard of refs is poor it's just a fact. But then again complaining from the hill is easy!

maxpower

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 23, 2012, 05:32:52 PM
Lads for Christs sake give Hugh a break, we cant get Referee's at the minute, and EH has jacked it in as far as antrim is concerned over the Dunloy v Shams game! he's an excellent ref and a big loss to us here, too few hurling refs around, herbie I hear is out for the season also, Jesus be thankful you have somebody there at all.

Is this true? Eamon is a great ref and among a group of very good referee's we've had for the last few years, would be a big loss. 
What happens next????

manballandall

Quote from: oisinog on April 23, 2012, 04:57:37 PM
Biggest game of the weekend ended in a draw in milltown. Some strokes bordering on assault. When did the glens men become hard men?

Do we have to go over this again Minder ? Do you really think im making this up ?
Arthur as you well notice my username has the word "ball" in it...didnt see too many oisins looking for a ball yesterday...just my opinion obviously

If you say that about some of our players the same can be said for a few of yours.

Some of the challanges with mistimed including Docs second yellow card. I can only think of one dirty stroke and that was by one of our own players in the first half

I can only call it as I see it. If hugh had nipped it in the bud in the first half it would have made for a better game. Only so much a team can take before they have to react. The marks on players calf muscles when the ball was on the ground or on their shoulders when their arms were at full stretch in the air catching balls only came from late and high strokes. I actually thought that had been left behind us. Took me back to watching mc dermotts play south antrim hurling.$ not good. Destroying a potentially good side as oisins have some decent hurlers with good stickwork

oisinog

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: oisinog on April 23, 2012, 04:57:37 PM

I can only call it as I see it. If hugh had nipped it in the bud in the first half it would have made for a better game. Only so much a team can take before they have to react. The marks on players calf muscles when the ball was on the ground or on their shoulders when their arms were at full stretch in the air catching balls only came from late and high strokes. I actually thought that had been left behind us. Took me back to watching mc dermotts play south antrim hurling.$ not good. Destroying a potentially good side as oisins have some decent hurlers with good stickwork

It would be interesting to see if your clubmates agree with you.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you that if Hugh had stamped a bit more authority on the game we wouldn't be discussing the intensity of the game.

The game is over it was a hard game for both teams a draw was a good result for both clubs

Interesting

SIE- Any reports from the tour to Crossmaglen? You know, the day your boys took the cup down to celebrate with fellow gaels.

saffron89

Quote from: Interesting on April 23, 2012, 08:53:23 PM
SIE- Any reports from the tour to Crossmaglen? You know, the day your boys took the cup down to celebrate with fellow gaels.

christ that would be a good one, the shams however might find the cross celebrations are not as prolonged as the majority of all ireland winners.  It tends to be more common down there.  I can see some of the lads getting pissed and thinking they are in the RA :(

Interesting

Saffron 89- From what I hear it was a very 'interesting', encounter. Will give SIE an opporunity to comment before I put the record straight.

saffron89

lads going on a bit about the galls v glenariffe game.

it wasn't too bad. A few slaps here and there, and like i have stated before, both teams could have been down more.

the end of june however if thats when its on, might be worth a visit to the sunny north coast.

felt if Galls had of moved the ball quicker and less of the short passing they might have been harder to work with.

Was standing close enough to Sean McCourty (would he not have been interested in a managerial position).

Guessing Aidan Hamill waiting in the wings for the Rossa post.  Never going to take the job, however he always ends up doing it

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Interesting on April 23, 2012, 09:01:34 PM
Saffron 89- From what I hear it was a very 'interesting', encounter. Will give SIE an opporunity to comment before I put the record straight.
I know nothing about it. But I'm sure you cant wait to dish out the dirt.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

Did you not ask him saff? Maybe him and you together with your knowledge could make a dream team. Be a shame for you, for us all, not to pass on your wealth of knowledge even if you do find it hard to voice your opinion:). A bar fly maybe?

El Plato

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 23, 2012, 05:32:52 PM
So Elliott likely to get the odd game here and there this year with EH and McAuley out of the pack.  Looks like the county final will be heading Cunnings/Duffys way, assuming Dunloy don't reach it of course?  Not too many left to chose from  ;)

But then there is always ManInBlackandGreen or (possibly navy and green), but does he have the appropriate credentials, hhhmmm  :-\  Jurys out  ;)
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

saffron89

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 09:32:40 PM
Did you not ask him saff? Maybe him and you together with your knowledge could make a dream team. Be a shame for you, for us all, not to pass on your wealth of knowledge even if you do find it hard to voice your opinion:). A bar fly maybe?

why thankyou for the massive vote of confidence manball.  great to finally  get the st galls men away from crying about all the slaps they got.  If i was looking a selector to go with me i would certainly consider you.  possibly in picking up the orange peel at half time. 8)

Milltown Row2

Really bad craic when disgruntled club men come on and run down their club. Childish really.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea