Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

What did you make of it then JJ?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 23, 2012, 01:30:20 PM
Ruairi Og 2013 Dunloy 0-7. Anyone actually want to discuss the biggest game of the weekend? Rather than the drivel about knights of dung?

yeah Jesus i was at the match. no arguing with the result.we changed our fullback line from loughgeil match and got opened up for the goals. apart from that we kept giving away silly frees for MC manus and Shane to pop over. need to get our discipline sorted. in possession by the time we got ball in the place was crowed with defenders. cushendall defence as good as ever I thought delargy was M O M. we wasted to much from play and placed balls. Cushendall looking Good
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

lonely1

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2012, 12:50:45 PM
Don't know about the knights of Columbanus and the power they yield in Antrim but I have noticed that since we've got fulltime secretaries in place in each county board that the powers that be in Croke park control everything now. There is no real democracy within the GAA now, not that there was a lot in the first place.

Look how quick Duffy (the Croke park one) got the Armagh/Laois issue 'sorted'? Armagh were brought to heel very quickly, granted the overturning of the centre backs suspension sweetened the deal. There was no talking about the queens visit, all rosey in the garden.

That to me is a bit disturbing.

There related you know, both of them!

DearyMe

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 11:03:10 AM
Did you not make it to any games yourself deary me and have no thoughts yourself?
Think st galls will rue the scoreable frees they missed. Sarsfields fancy themselves to get promoted or to be at least challenging at business end of the season so no real surprise

Is this a wind up?

3 point win against Whitehill and a victory against a distraught Gort - Promotion???

All for seeing them do well - but delusions of grandeur???
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 01:39:39 PM
Biggest game of the weekend ended in a draw in milltown. Some strokes bordering on assault. When did the glens men become hard men?

Interesting comment given your username  ;)

Both sides were at it...take the blinkers off.

DearyMe

They probably will - thats a must win for you HS!  I would begin to fear the worst if you lose that!
But its a derby , so they will be MAD up for it!

Minder

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 23, 2012, 02:38:11 PM
Biggest game of the weekend ended in a draw in milltown. Some strokes bordering on assault. When did the glens men become hard men?

manballandall - Are you certain you were at the game?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 23, 2012, 01:30:20 PM
Ruairi Og 2013 Dunloy 0-7. Anyone actually want to discuss the biggest game of the weekend? Rather than the drivel about knights of dung?
jj use beat them by 2006 points!!   Brave scoring ;D.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

DearyMe

Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2012, 03:11:00 PM

From what i hear, the ref nearly lost control, Glenariffe just the one sent off ??? 
This was always going to be a fierce encounter given both would see each other as biggest rival for promotion.
My source tells me it was more lost by galls than won by Glen!
Maybe MR2 could shed some light - reckon he was prob at it ;)

oisinog

Quote from: DearyMe on April 23, 2012, 03:25:05 PM

From what i hear, the ref nearly lost control, Glenariffe just the one sent off ??? 
This was always going to be a fierce encounter given both would see each other as biggest rival for promotion.

We missed a free at the end to win it

St Galls missed 3 or 4 easy frees which could have won it.

I would say the ref lost control of the game and the players on both sides seemed to think they could get away with some heavy hits.

Minder

Quote from: DearyMe on April 23, 2012, 03:25:05 PM

He was poor but I don't think he "nearly lost control", its not as if there were running battles. Both teams were highly motivated and nobody was stepping back, but there was no bloodbath. Our boys would be happy enough with a draw after playing the last 10+ minutes with 14 men.

I also don't think it is going to be a procession for either us or St Galls, neither team is head and shoulders above anyone else and there isn't a big gap between us, St Galls, Rossa or Lamh Dhearg. Sarsfields have started well but they were two handy fixtures.

Milltown Row2

I'm not getting involved with this, we have Glenariffe at the end of June so it will provide a better picture of where we are at.

But I must say, in all my years of playing against Glenariffe, going back to 88 till only recently, when I managed 2 goals ;) I've never seen Glenariffe play so robust. Very evident early on that there was to be no clean catches and to draw the ball and pick up the pieces. The problem with that is that sometimes they can be mis timed causing confrontations, that's what happened yesterday. Some off the ball stuff but happens in most games.

Glenariffe seemed more happy than us to take the point and are intent on going up this year. Our target is to have a good league campaign before Cushendall. They are motoring along rightly and its early doors. The Ulster league final at Casement this Saturday night should provide neutrals with how training is really going when the Dall play the All Ireland champions.

If Glenariffe play the same robust way on Wed night I'll expect a few yellow and red cards. Lamhs will pull like fook. Good luck refereeing that one :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Do we have to go over this again Minder ? Do you really think im making this up ?
Arthur as you well notice my username has the word "ball" in it...didnt see too many oisins looking for a ball yesterday...just my opinion obviously

the colonel

Who got the line in the St Galls v Glenariffe game?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on April 23, 2012, 04:04:28 PM
Who got the line in the St Galls v Glenariffe game?

Seamus Doherty, two yellows.